Arizona May Abolish Concealed-Carry Permits

Started by Warph, March 26, 2010, 11:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 13, 2010, 05:38:55 PM
Kids here are more encouraged to go fish because fishing accidents aren't even remotely fatal.

Actually, that is not true.  More people drown, suffer broken bones, head injuries, while fishing each year than those injuries incurred from shooting sports. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Maybe...the ones who drown here are adults fishing out in small boats, (and there is almost always alcohol involved), not kids out alone, or they were with a family when a boat went down. Broken bones yes, but not usually kids and not fatal. One of my recent dinner guests  tangled with a trout last summer and lost, slipped on a rock and broke his ankle.  ;D  The kids here who drown,  and sadly there are some every summer, are almost always in swimming pools or high water after a storm. Fishing isn't a factor. A few have been lost jumping off bridges into water deeper than they thought it was. Don't know of any fatal head injuries connected to fishing here.

Varmit

So then, should we ban fishing and swimming in order to protect the children?  Afterall, there is no constitutional admendment protecting fishing and swimming.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

So when did I ever say anything about banning anything? I don't want minor kids out unsupervised with guns, but I still think it's up to the states to decide what's best for them. With the exception of a few "Hunting Farms" down on the southern edge, there is no place left in NCC that you could  safely hunt anyway. We are simply too close together. The state park up the road from me culls out some deer from time to thin the herds. The lower counties have shotgun deer season, and plenty of duck and goose etc. To my knowledge, knives, bows and fishing gear doesn't hurt or kill through walls into the house next door, or from outside into a home.  Elk county is practically empty of people. Of course you can and should have much more latitude about who uses what weapons and where. Do the people who live in Howard shoot deer from the back porch? 

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 15, 2010, 09:33:13 AM
So when did I ever say anything about banning anything? I don't want minor kids out unsupervised with guns, but I still think it's up to the states to decide what's best for them.

No, you never said that we should ban anything.  But you didn't have to actually come out and say it, one can infer it from your posts.  As far as the States deciding on this issue...No Ma'am.  The Bill of Rights is clear, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.  

Teresa

Just this time...................I 'on purpose' deleted a couple things.......................................

Maybe shouldn't have.... but I could feel another war breaking out..

and frankly right now today?? I"m just not in the frickin mood.! :police:
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Varmit...please don't try to "infer'' things.  Imply is the word you wanted and you'd be once again wrong. I'm not against guns, not for complete gun control, never have been and I don't know how many times I've said it before! Our own Delaware State Constitution allows guns for protection of self and property and for hunting and recreation.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 16, 2010, 09:38:23 AM
Varmit...please don't try to "infer'' things.  Imply is the word you wanted and you'd be once again wrong.

No ma'am, its not.  If you re-read my post I said that a person could INFER from your post that you were for gun control.  Although you didn't actually state it, you IMPLYed it.  See the difference?  For clarification...

Infer - verb (used with object)
1.to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence:

Imply - –verb (used with object),-plied, -ply·ing.
1.to indicate or suggest without being explicitly stated: His words implied a lack of faith.

Your posts indicate that you are in favor of laws that infringe upon our Constitutionaly protected and God given rights in the interest of so-called safety, i.e. Gun Control.

Roma Jean Turner

I guess for me it is about   "With Freedome Comes Responsibility".  It would be great if we could just count on that from everyone.  But responsibility has to be taught and we were all fortunate enough to have been born in a time, in places, with families who just did that as a part of life.   Many young people today are coming from much different backgrounds than most of us did.  How do we handle this situation of combining our 2nd Amendments rights for everyone and yet instilling a responsibility for that right and not diminish either.  Boy that is the question isn't it.  For this reason I have to favor training, because as a culture, overall we are dropping the ball on responsibility.

jarhead

Roma Jean, Could I recommend a place to train these kids ? It's called MCRD and there's one at San Diego and another at Parris Island !! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk