Arizona May Abolish Concealed-Carry Permits

Started by Warph, March 26, 2010, 11:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 12, 2010, 09:37:43 PM
I'm certainly not against trying to make the streets safe, but I'm afraid the accidental and innocent bystander shootings will continue just the same, or increase because of how poorly the people with the guns shoot!

You know what, thats not going to change with a ccw or without a ccw.  Stupid people exist. 
You can't change that with a law. 
My sisters ex boyfriend lost his brother because some stupid idiot decided he would go hunting before daylight.  he shot in the dark as his brother was walking to his deer stand and hit him at 25 yards with a full bore shotgun blast.  It happened.
It was his time to go and that idiots time to spend some time in jail reflecting on his stupidity.

I'm not going to worry about those that are stupid.  They will weed themselves out of society that is if we don't let them breed.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

mtcookson

Why are the stupid people stupid? Maybe instead of unconstitutional gun laws we could improve our schools to produce less stupid people? Not that the schools are only producing stupid people but the government sure is on track to make our kids pretty dumb.

srkruzich

Quote from: mtcookson on April 13, 2010, 12:01:14 PM
Why are the stupid people stupid? Maybe instead of unconstitutional gun laws we could improve our schools to produce less stupid people? Not that the schools are only producing stupid people but the government sure is on track to make our kids pretty dumb.
Ain't that the truth!!

Diane Amberg

Gee, thanks a lot! I don't recall that teaching folks to be sensible with guns was part of teaching reading, writing or math or science or history or geography or spelling or anything  else that I taught. Just where does that belong? Maybe with the parents?  Hummmm? I'm sure your local teachers would love to hear you talk about school like that. Such encouragement from parents must really make your teachers just LOVE their jobs and especially want to spend extra time with YOUR kids....so fulfilling!!!!! 

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 13, 2010, 02:05:15 PM
Gee, thanks a lot! I don't recall that teaching folks to be sensible with guns was part of teaching reading, writing or math or science or history or geography or spelling or anything  else that I taught. Just where does that belong? Maybe with the parents?  Hummmm? I'm sure your local teachers would love to hear you talk about school like that. Such encouragement from parents must really make your teachers just LOVE their jobs and especially want to spend extra time with YOUR kids....so fulfilling!!!!! 
Well Diane, teaching someone about guns starts from the cradle.  Not when their adults.  Teachers used to teach kids how to handle guns.  Used to have classes after school (Note AFTER School and Volenteer).   It wasn't unusual to see a dozen or  so guns in the principals office when i was in school. 

Part of the problem is that kids today are sheilded from the sight of a gun.  Look at what happens to a kid these days if the point their fingers wrong.  They get suspended. 
So you get kids that turn into adults that turn into the guy you told us about acting like a 5 year old does with a toy gun.
Thats why you have stupidity running rampant.  That fella was all but pointing the gun going pow pow pow.....

I know that the DI at Paris Island told me on my sons graduation day commented on my sons ability to handle a weapon from day one.  He said they normally unteach kids how to handle weapons if they have ever handled one. But he said they didn't have to unteach him as he already knew how to handle a weapon the marine way as far as shooting was concerend.   He said that it is amazing that these kids coming into the corp do not kill themselves with one as they have NO clue about which end fires the bullet and no common sense to go with it. 

Thats because society is trying to protect them too much.  Hell in 10 years we'll probably have to use that spray foam on them and wrap in a bubblewrap suit to let them go riding a bike.

Diane Amberg

Many families here absolutely do not want their kids exposed to guns, period. Most grew up in a town of some sort, or Philadelphia or Wilmington and moved to the 'burbs. Very few of them hunt, some do fish and that's more salt water than freshwater. Their kids are taught not to touch, but very few will ever own a gun, shoot a gun or be around a gun. Golf or shooting pool is more their style. Having said that, there are also lots of people who do hunt deer, rabbit, dove, duck and goose. Kids here are more encouraged to go fish because fishing accidents aren't even remotely fatal.

jarhead

You got me confused Diane. You say"very few of them hunt' and"very few kids will own or shoot a gun "------then you say,"lots of people who hunt deer, rabbit etc" What y'all hunt with---a beanie flipper ? :)

Diane Amberg

New Castle County, where I live, has most of the population and very few hunters. Downstate which is more rural has 2 counties of people who do hunt a lot. Sorry, that was confusing wasn't it? ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 13, 2010, 08:57:53 PM
New Castle County, where I live, has most of the population and very few hunters. Downstate which is more rural has 2 counties of people who do hunt a lot. Sorry, that was confusing wasn't it? ;D

And therein lies the problem.  The parents have done more harm than good by that.
if kids are around the guns, see them, can touch them, hold them and shoot them as kids, then  you don't have a problem with them growing up and ending up doing something stupid.   They also don't get hurt when some city kid finds daddys gun and starts brandishing it around. THey know what a gun will do and they will leave. 

redcliffsw

There ought to be more gun ownership by Americans.

As only black economist Dr. Walter Williams can write 'em,
here's one entitled "Kids and Guns"
http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/index.php?news=505

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk