Arizona May Abolish Concealed-Carry Permits

Started by Warph, March 26, 2010, 11:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

I agree, stupid people do stupid things.  Unfortunetly, you can't regulate "stupid".  And yes, the more people carry the greater the chances of something stupid happening.  However, those people should be made to pay the price for their actions, not the rest of us.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Warph

Oh boy, here we go......  Welcome to the wild west, pardner! :(

More details released on Walmart gun incident
azcentral.com

Maricopa County Superior Court documents revealed further details involving the 30-year-old Surprise man whose gun apparently fired into the ceiling of a Walmart store Thursday morning.

Records show that the gun David Sterling Walters fired was a loaded Jennings 9mm semiautomatic handgun. Customers and store workers were standing within a few feet from Walters, and all feared for their safety, the report said.

The report also states that at least six witnesses were willing to testify and all agreed they were "victims of endangerment."

No injuries were reported.

Walters could face multiple charges, including six counts of endangerment, one count of disorderly conduct with a weapon and one count of discharging a firearm in city limits, according to the court report.

Police gave the following account:

Walters entered the Walmart near 129th Avenue and West Thunderbird Road about 1 a.m. While in the store, witnesses told police, Walters repeatedly fidgeted with a holstered semiautomatic pistol, El Mirage police Detective Robert People said.

At one point, a clerk working the electronics section told police that Walters took the gun out of its holster and then removed and replaced the gun's magazine. The woman feared she was about to be robbed and notified the store manager. Walters continued through the store, apparently with a video game he told the clerk he would pay for at the front registers.

Walters wound up near a register where he later told police he intended to purchase the game. Several customers were nearby.

He removed the Jennings from the holster again, causing the magazine to come loose and fall to the floor. Walters re-inserted the magazine and continued manipulating the handgun when it fired, sending one round into the ceiling, Peoples said.

The identity of the gun's owner was unclear, but authorities were able to determine that the firearm had not been reported stolen.

El Mirage police arrested Walters about 1:30 a.m. and booked him into Fourth Avenue Jail. His bond was set at $1,530, and his next court hearing is April 15.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Varmit

Ok warph, so somone did something stupid with a gun.  It cannot be said definitavely that a class in proper firearm useage would have prevented this.  I have a photo of a police woman holding her M4 with the magizine inserted backwards.  I'll post it as soon as I figure out how.

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on April 10, 2010, 10:24:30 PM
Ok warph, so somone did something stupid with a gun.  It cannot be said definitavely that a class in proper firearm useage would have prevented this.  I have a photo of a police woman holding her M4 with the magizine inserted backwards.  I'll post it as soon as I figure out how.

Also one metro area that i know of for sure, the cop that does the testing for the cops on their firearms, failed 90% of the entire department.  3 out of 10 shots missed.  He told them that he was embarressed to be associated with them.
Also told them that if he would rather have a regular joe citizen gun owner to back him up in a firefight cause he knows they know how to hit what they shoot at.

Its because they push them through and dump em out on the street fast and also because they get lazy and quit practicing.  If you do not practice, owning a gun and using one is meaningless to you.  Its pretty much a status symbol thats going to get you or some innocent killed.

I will defend your right to own a gun, but that doesn't necessarily mean i think you should own one.  My mom asked me if she should get one.   She's almost 70 years old.  I asked her one question.  Do you know in your heart that you could take a life and told her to think and pray on that.   Her answer after a few days was No she don't believe that she could.
So i told her no she didn't need a gun.   I told her instead to get a can of wasp and hornet spray and put in her purse and in places around the house.  She can totally disable a person with that if need be.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

And they say cops are well trained...

Note the magazine placement, not to mention the fact that she is almost completely exposed from the waist up.  Somehow I don't think requiring people to attend a class on firearm useage will do much to stop people from doing stupid things with firearms.

Teresa

Not much you can say about dumb asses like this...
Seriously.... when you're at a checkout counter.. there's only one reason to pull your gun from the holster...

He gives credible gun owners a bad name.  He needs to be charged and lose his ccw.   :police:
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Had another one near Philly sometime back. Two dopes, both with permits, got into it at a bar and shot each other in the middle of a crowded room. A number of shots went wild but luckily only damaged the walls and furniture.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 12, 2010, 09:23:46 AM
Had another one near Philly sometime back. Two dopes, both with permits, got into it at a bar and shot each other in the middle of a crowded room. A number of shots went wild but luckily only damaged the walls and furniture.

Well you know what, i've seen it on the other end of the spectrum too there Diane, you always going to have stupid people.  Usually Darwins law takes care of the stupid gene.  BUt they said it would lead to more killings in florida when they made it legal to open carry.  It didn't.  They said that there would be bloodshed in the streets when Kennessaw Georgia passed a law requiring every household to have a gun, It didn't. In fact the town is safe to walk down the street at night, safe to work in a 7/11 store.  The criminals leave kennessaw alone and their right next to a pretty rough area of atlanta. 
Colorado enacted make my day laws, and to the lefts chagrin no bloodshed occurred.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

I'm certainly not against trying to make the streets safe, but I'm afraid the accidental and innocent bystander shootings will continue just the same, or increase because of how poorly the people with the guns shoot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk