Walter R. Arndt: Marriage 02 April 1913

Started by mobarbq, March 25, 2010, 07:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Bill Denton. Used to own a lot of land before where Limestone Road stops going mostly west and winds north (or some road goes north.) The house and barns were almost at the corner, some 10 miles out of town. Clear Creek was encroaching on the road there so "they" took the road off alignment and took a chunk of his long front yard for the road. )There is a low water crossing there too, at the intersection,on the south side.

frawin

Diane, I was around Billy Denton a lot when I was a kid and I worked for the Denton's for several years and I never heard him called Bill by anyone, he was Billy or Uncle Billy to everyone. Did you ever meet him. I was working for the Denton's when the Denton-Amberg war was on, it was interesting to say the least.

Diane Amberg

Of course I met him! ;D   We visited a number of times and stayed there when we did, and there were many, many phone calls over the years. I talked to him a lot. It was my mom who insisted we kids call him Uncle Bill, and Teddy was to be called Uncle Ted. Never did know why. I was grown before I ever heard him called anything else. I loved Skeeter and Blondie and wished they were mine. I enjoyed going out in the old pick up with Grandpa to oil the oil wells, thought that was pretty funny. Didn't like those rods that went to the machinery house, looked a little too ''snakey'' to me. We went fishing in the ponds out back and even caught some fish, too small to eat so we released them. I enjoyed staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house too.I was allowed to stay with them by myself when I was little and thought that was pretty special. That's when Grandma taught me to use the big cream separator and I learned to make butter.
 1960 and the next several years were tough because of all that family fighting and there were some very hard feelings for quite awhile.(That's how I got to know Katherine Tarwater) That older generation is gone now, at least I don't think anyone is left  and the younger ones are long past it, if they even knew, and seem to get along fine, not that any of us are young any more. Unfortunately family deaths can bring out the worst in people sometimes. (I can't imagine what you heard.) Heck, I didn't care, loved the whole pack of them.

frawin

Diane, you got to know Mrs Tarwater, I seem to remember she had Grandchildren around your age that were around there some, did you play a lot with them. As far as what I heard, I didn't just hear it, I read it in the various documents that were filed. In fact many of them are probably on record at the courthouse. You must not be aware of what took place, I will just say that it was a real lesson to me. DNA would have really been iinteresting in this case. I will see what documentation is available on this.

flo

I was not a party to anything that happened in this family, not around when all this was taking place.  If the Hatfields and McCoys can get over it, then this dead dog needs to be left alone in peace.  My grandmother would say, "the more you stir a turd, the worse it stinks".  Get over it, for gosh sakes.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

No, I never had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Tarwater's grand kids. Keep in mind I was 16 when Uncle Bill died. I am unfortunately very much aware of all that happened and why. I have copies of all the files. It took awhile, but turned out OK in the end.  Nuff said.

Jane

Diane,
Just wondering if you know the names of Mrs.Tarwaters grandchildren which three of them still own property in Elk county and one still ownes the Tarwater home.  One was in Howard this past week end burning pasture. Your uncle Teddy drove Mr and Mrs Tarwater on vacations to check over property in Oklahoma and to go to the Ozarks.  When was the last time you were in Howard, Ks? The one that was in Howard this past week end knows the Winn family quite well.

Jane

Diane,
You are every thread on the forum but I have ask you several questions and I receive no answer!!!  ::)

Diane Amberg

I'm sorry. I thought I did answer. What did I miss? And no I'm NOT on every thread!

Diane Amberg

We were in Howard in 2008. No, I never met any of the grandchildren (answered earlier) and do not know their names, sorry.  If you are planning to give me a test I'll have to study, and I'm sure I could find the grand kids names if I have to. Why does it matter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk