MAIDT, Shirley Anne "Sam" (Winn) - b. July 7, 1939 - d. March 19, 2010

Started by frawin, March 19, 2010, 08:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Shirley Anne "Sam" (Winn) Maidt, 70, of Winfield, Kansas, passed away Friday afternoon, March 19, 2010 at her home.
Born on July 7, 1939 in Howard, Kansas, she was the daughter of Lester Frank and Genevieve (Cox) Winn. She was raised and received her education in Howard, graduating from Howard High School in 1957, and worked as a cashier for Albertson's Grocery in Winfield.

Shirley was united in marriage on June 2, 1957 to Joel Collier and the couple made their home in Winfield. The couple later divorced.

She was united in marriage to Honald N. "Bud" Maidt Jr., on April 4, 1970 in Winfield where the couple made their home. She was employed as a secretary for the City of Winfield and later worked as a data processing clerk for Binney and Smith Crayola. Shirley was also employed as a secretary for the Winfield High School and later Morton Buildings. She was employed by Safe Homes and Bud lovingly helped her. She worked as a secretary for Community Learning Center and later Cowley County Developmental Services until retiring in 1999. The couple worked at the re-entry gate at the Walnut Valley Bluegrass Festival for the first 25 years of its existence. Mr. Maidt preceded her in death on December 14, 2005.

Shirley was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Winfield, American Legion Post #10 and the Order of the Eastern Star. Her hobbies included spending time with her family, reading, CB radios, and going to garage sales and auctions. She also was an avid bowler and helped coach junior leagues.

Her family includes her sons, Greg Collier of Hutchinson, Kansas and Eric Collier and wife Sharon of Tulsa, Oklahoma;  her daughters, Cindy Anglemyer and husband Keith of Winfield, Kansas, Wendy Turner of Wichita, Kansas, Sandra Collier of Winfield, Kansas, and Tricia Denson and husband Dexter of Winfield, Kansas; her brothers,  Dwight Winn and Bob Winn both of Howard, Kansas, and Frank Winn of Bartlesville, Oklahoma; her sisters,  Phyllis Davis of Deer Creek, Oklahoma, and Myrna Herbineaux of San Marcos, California; and her 23 grandchildren and 18 great-grandchildren. In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her brothers, Donald Winn, Neil Winn, Ray Winn, George Winn, and Wes Winn; and her sisters, Anita Hatfield, Aileen Irvine, Velda Parker and Charlene Jacot.

Funeral services will be held at 10:30 A.M., Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at Miles Funeral Service, 4001 E. 9th, Winfield, Kansas 67156. Interment will follow at Highland Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home from 5:00 to 8:00 P.M. on Tuesday, March 23, 2010. The family will greet friends during that time.

Memorials have been established in Shirley's name for Cowley County Safe Homes and St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Contributions may be made through the funeral home.

Ole Granny

My sympathy to you and your family.  Sorry.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Jo McDonald

Frank and Myrna,
 We am so sorry you lost another of your loved ones.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.  God bless you.

Jo and Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jane

So sorry hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Rex and Jane

greatguns

Marcia Moore

Tim and I are so sorry to hear of your loss.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.

frawin

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Shirley is the 5th Sister that I have lost and the 4th that I have lost to Lung Cancer and/or Emphysema. This getting old and giving up the people you love is not good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk