MOORE, Paul Emerson - b. June 26, 1911 - d. July 11, 2010

Started by patyrn, July 12, 2010, 07:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Paul Emerson Moore, age 99, a lifelong resident of Howard, Kansas, went to be with his Lord and Savior on Sunday, July 11, 2010.  Paul was born on June 26, 1911 in Howard, Kansas, the son of George Henry and Mary Mae (Brillhart) Moore.

On Novembe 15, 1936, Paul was united in marriage to Izola Rarick in Howard, Kansas.  He started farming with his father during the Great Depression and continued maintaining the family farm until 2003.  Paul was a charter member of the Howard United Methodist Church.  He also served as chairman as an Elk County Commissioner.

He is survived by his loving wife of seventy three year, Izola Moore of Howard, Kansas; one daughter, Paula Pearson and husband, Richard of Derby, Kansas; two sons, Pat Moore of Overland Park, Kansas and Doug Moore of Howard, Kansas; five grandchildren, Chad Pearson, Shay Biron, Tasha Cook, Emily Alexander, and Garrett Moore; and six great-grandchidlren, Satchel Biron, Chloe Biron, Linen Biron, Camryn Cook, Holden Cook, and Sutton Cook; and many extended family members and friends.  He was preceded in death by his parents, four sisters, and one brother.

Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at the Howard United Methodist Church.  Family will receve friends Monday, July 12, 2010 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.  Intement wil be at Grace Lawn Cemetery.  Family suggests memorial contributions be made to either the Howard United Methodist Church or Howard Twilight Manor and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas  67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

Paul was a very special gentleman, friend and neighbor.  I guess I've know him and his family all my life.  Paul served our district as county commissioner for several years.   Later, I worked with Izola, and of course, knew the family.  Frank and I tried to go by the nursing home when we were in town and see the Moore family.  Our sympathy and prayers to the family.
Myrna

Jo McDonald

Paul and Izola Moore have always had a special place in my heart.  My sincere sympathy to his beloved family.
   Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

lovemypts

I spent many hours playing snooker during the afternoons with Paul when I was a teenager. I never heard him say a negative word about anyone. He was a great friend to many, honored Izola always, and was a rock for Doug without fail.
I knew this was coming and I know that Chief was ready to meet his maker. But I will miss him.

Janet Harrington

Did anyone see that the funeral is June 13 and visitation is June 12?

patyrn

Thanks for catching that "senior moment" mistake, Janet.  It's fixed now!!  Funny how I probably read and reread that post 5 or 6 times to be sure everything was okay. 

KRI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk