So Much For Spring---

Started by sixdogsmom, March 18, 2010, 09:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I'm finished with it.  What do I do with it now?

Jo McDonald

Diane, maybe you should post a sign in your front yard that you are not receiving and more snow until winter.  If that would have worked, I wish I would have done that.  It is still coming down and the wind is right out of the north, and it is starting to drift.   BLAST IT !!!!
  I was sooooooooooooo ready for spring.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

But Jo, Spring is here! ;D ;D ;D ;D  You just gotta love it!

Diane Amberg

I'm making that sign right now. We just got back from lunch at the country club and the golfers are out in force with a glazed look in their eyes. Must be from golf withdrawal or something. ;D

sixdogsmom

Well, they should have had this much snow at the winter olympics! There is about nine inches stacked up on the barrel I keep birdseed in just outside my back door. Makes a handy settin' perch for the cat when he wants in, BTW. It is still snowing like a fool, and the radar shows no break for at least 85 miles. My poor daffies are buried Diane, wish I had picked them all instead of the small boquet I have on my dining room table. The magnolias have begun to show color, but they aren't out enough to get hurt, I think, (I hope).
Edie

Ms Bear

It isn't snowing here in Houston but it is raining and they are saying it will be in the 30's tonight.  So much for mowing the yard today, looks like I will wading instead.

Roma Jean Turner

Sitting here in Springfield watching the rain, waiting for the snow :( :(.  Yesterday was beautiful, my first bike ride of the season.  Hopefully, it won't be to much longer you guys until spring really settles in.

greatguns

Sounds like they have extended the snow thru tomorrow morning!  Guess we'll just have to live with it. :)

Diane Amberg

How is everyone doing now? (We start getting it as rain tonight.) Hope you all came through OK. Hopefully that's it for your snow this season. The daffodils and things may be alright if they weren't crushed, they don't mind some snow. We lucked out with a beautiful weekend and got a lot done outside.The rain comes for several days with temps back in the 40's and 50's again. It's still March.

sixdogsmom

Well, Diane, a lot of the snow has disappeared despite a bitter north wind that has howled all day. Our church cancelled services this morning as I am certain many others did also. It was so late when the snowfall stopped, not much clearing was done before this morning. I was glad of it, as I wasn't looking forward to getting out in the mess. I have the house debates on C-Span, pretty interesting. I click over to the tournament from time to time. Gotta get in the kitchen before long and clean it up, so it can get messy again.  :P Not a sign of the daffies yet, as I think they pretty much got buried, I do think that we got more than six inches of snow, I am going by yesterday when I gathered snow to make ice cream. One of the benefits of living this far away from much air pollution. Yum!
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk