HAMLIN, Patricia Lucille "Patty" (Atwell) - b. March 18, 1938 - d. March 5, 2010

Started by patyrn, March 17, 2010, 09:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Patricia Luclile "Patty" (Atwell) Hamlin, 71, of Coffeyville, Kansas, died Friday, March 5, 2010 at Coffeyville Medical Center with her family by her side.  She is the daughter of Thaine and Nellie B. (Lanning) Handy, born March 18, 1938 at Neodesha, Kansas.  

Patricia attended high school in Howard, Kansas and graduated with the class of 1956..  She attended Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas.  She was married to Dale Hamlin in Coffeyville on June 30, 1957.  Patricia was a homemaker and helped with the family business, OK Electric.  She lived for 24 years on the lake at Grand Tara in Afton, Oklahoma and the past year in Coffeyville due to her failing health.  She loved spending time with her family and her dogs.  She always had a love for animals.  Patricia was a member of the Methodist Church and played softball and bridge for many years.  Her worldwide fishing trips with husband Dale provided many adventures and memories.

Survivors include her father, Thaine Handy of Coffeyville, Kansas; her daughter Terri Moley and husband Tom of Coffeyville, Kansas; grandchildren, Jason Nash, Jesse Moley, and Megan Camp; and seven great-grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her mother, Nell Handy; a daughter, Tracy Burnett; and a grandson, Joey Moley.

Funeral services for Patricia Lucile Hamlin were held at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, March 12, 2010 at Penwell-Gabel Funeral Home, 2405 Woodland, Coffeyville, Kansas with interment in Fairview Cemetery.  In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Friends of Animals in care of the funeral home.

(taken from the Penwell-Gabel Funeral Home website)

frawin

I am sorry to see that Patty had passed away. She was in my sister Mary Myrna's class and they were good friends and ran around together a lot. Patty came back to the class of 1956 50th reunion and I had a good visit with her then. I would like to tell my sister about this but won't. Myrna got hit by a car when she was in a crosswalk, this happened 5 years ago and she has never recovered and won't.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk