White House Christmas Ornaments

Started by kshillbillys, October 07, 2009, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

I'm with you Pam.  I don't really think if they call it a May Day tree at the WH , that it will change my Christmas.  Nor do I have the time to worry about it.

twirldoggy

I have a Chinese friend and we communicate on yahoo messenger.   He is Bhudist and his wife is atheist.  He has a seven year old son.  They as well as many Chinese families "celebrate" Christmas.  They like the Christmas tree and also like having presents under the tree.  Once I stupidly asked him if there were Christian Churches in China.  He reminded me that Catholic priests were in China before America was even discovered.  The only time the churches were closed was during the time of Mao and the Red Guard.   (By the way families there also celebrate Halloween by letting the children dress in costume and collect candy just like we do.)

larryJ

The thread had died about Jeff Dunham.  I hope I don't get hanged for this, but my daughter who works in the Downtown LA court just called and said Jeff was in her court right now (3:30 Pacific time).  Don't know any details and couldn't pass them on if I did, but she is dying to get him to do an impression!!  I told her to get an autograph.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Warph

I don't know how true this is but, Achmed the Dead Terrorist punched out Walter's lights last night and put him in the carpenter shop in pretty bad condition.  Anyway, the "dummy" is taking the "dummy" to court.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk