Basketball tonight

Started by Wilma, December 19, 2009, 09:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Unrated Wichita State has beaten rated #16 Texas Tech 83-85

Need I say more.

GO SHOCKS!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Diane Amberg

Shocks? As in corn shocks? Not the truck kind, right?

Wilma

No, Shocks as in wheat shocks.  Wichita State University's mascot is a wheat shock, thus the name Shockers or Shock.  I will try to find a picture to further enlighten you.

W. Gray

In the NBA, the New Jersey Nets have a miserable record of 2-26.

The Denver Post says that the richest man in Russia, Mikhail Prokhorov, has agreed to buy the team, and he wants to move the club to Brooklyn.

Perhaps, they will be called the Dodgers.

There have been professional baseball, basketball, and football sports teams in that New York City borough, which were all known as the Brooklyn Dodgers.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

Let me present Wushock, mascot of Wichita State University, courtesy of the Sunflower, WSU campus newspaper.

Wilma

I knew about the baseball Brooklyn Dodgers, but I had no idea of the others.

W. Gray

The NFL Brooklyn Dodgers folded sometime in the 1940s and merged with the NFL New York Yankees.

The NFL New York Yankees folded sometime in the 1950s and the NFL sold the team assets to a Dallas Group.

The Dallas group formed the Dallas Texans (not to be confused with the former Kansas City Chiefs team) .

The Dallas Texans franchise floundered during one season and was then moved east becoming the Baltimore Colts.

John Elway was drafted by the Baltimore Colts in 1983 but refused to play for them; giving the Denver Broncos the opportunity to pick him up.

In 1984, the Baltimore Colts were famously moved by a number of moving vans at 2:00 am one night to Indianapolis and one step ahead of the law.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Wilma

Wichita State is headed for the Missouri Valley championship game. Tomorrow at 1:00, CBS.  Playing University of Northern Iowa.

sixdogsmom

Thanks Wilma, watched part of the game last night. Oops, forgot today! Oh well! Go Shocks! Go KU!  :D
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk