Vietnam Wall

Started by Teresa, March 03, 2010, 01:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Someone spent a lot of time on this and it is truly remarkable...........to all my fellow Vietnam Vets take a look...........................

Someone sent me the link below which is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Viet Nam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost comrades. It is a very interesting link, and those  who served in that timeframe and lost friends or family can look them up on this site.  Pass it on to other veterans who you think would like this.

First click on a state......then when it opens .........a name.......then it should show you a picture of the person or at least his bio and medals......

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

We've seen the "Traveling Wall" 2 or 3 times.  Even though it is a smaller version of the one that is in DC, it is a very beautiful memorial.  People leave flowers, packs of cigarettes, etc. at the base of it.  Frank has a nephew listed on it, and we have taken "rubbings" from it.  I have pictures of Frank and our daughter Stephanie at the wall  in front of Ken's name.   Jimmie Ken Harrison  was Anita Hatfield's youngest son. 
Myrna

Jo McDonald

We have seen the Traveling Wall.  It was at Ingleside, Texas one year.  We looked for and found Ken's name.  It is a beautiful tribute to our fallen hero's.

Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

patyrn

We have been to the Wall in Washington, D.C., and what a powerful structure it is!!!  My husband was in the Navy during the Vietnam War and also lost his cousin in Vietnam (Richard Parker of Bartlesville, OK), so no matter where our travels took us during our stay in D.C., we stopped by the memorial every day we were there.  We took rubbings of the names of those we knew who had been killed.  Twenty four hours a day you will find people meditating there, and personal momentos are left at the Wall every day.  That hurt never goes away...........

sixdogsmom

Thanks for sharing this Teresa, I knew two young men on this wall. It is sobering each time I see it, even the little one in Winfield Memorial park.
Edie

jarhead

I have been to the Moving Wall a couple times and once to The Wall in DC. I went to DC with my "brothers " from Nam. The half of The Wall that had the names of our fallen brothers was boarded up and under repair and I think I was glad it was. It hurt me to see how my "brothers" were hurting just standing in front of The Wall as it was. As we have grown older our eyes tend to "leak" more than they did 40 years ago. Now to borrow a line from Forrest Gump---" and that's all I have to say about that !!! "

Warph

Honor at Last for Roy P

From the Source:   "I did this as a way to honor all those who have struggled to come back from serving our country in times of war. The most interesting part for me was something I didn't find out until after I created this photoplay, was that this was Roy's second tour. He had been so gravely wounded, by stepping on a landmine, on his first tour that he was drummed out of the Army after returning. Roy built his body back up and returned to the service after proving himself fit and joined the elite Green Beret's and went back to Vietnam for a second tour for which he received the Medal of Honor."

From a Comment:  This is one of the best video's ever. If you or anyone you love served in any war you will understand the depth of this story. If not then I am truly sorry for your lack of empathy, you are a lost soul in a real world.
....A Marine's daughter

.....Warph
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Outstanding WARPH . Once in awhile there are cases where if it was possible, soldiers should get two MOH's for the same action. M/Sgt Benavides is one of them along with Kansas's own Capt. Roger Donlon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk