O'Reilly on Lincoln

Started by redcliffsw, February 22, 2010, 09:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Nothing new here as O'Reilly is not an advocate of the Constitutiion.

Artcile entitled: 
Latest Abe Lincoln biographer? Bill O'Reilly

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35352803/ns/today-today_books/

Warph

Lord.... another book on Lincoln... just what we need.  I have read three books in the last couple of years on the man.  Vidal's "Lincoln" which was a novel, "Dark Union" and "Murdering Mr. Lincoln".... and out of these three, Vidal's was more entertaining even tho' it was a fictional account of the man.  Look, it has been almost 150 years since the killing of Lincoln, a man who caused 600,000 plus americans to die in a War that could have been won before it started if Lincoln used his head.  A war where I lost two relatives, who were barely out of their teens.  Now we have Mr. Entertainer Bill O'Reilly who thinks he can right the reason of Lincoln's assassination?  Give me a break!  Here he co-authors with Martin Dugard, who with James Patterson TRIED to write a historial non-fiction account of "The Murder Of King Tut" which turned out to be awful and mostly fiction.  Sooo... who's the biggest PinHeads here?  O'Reilly/Dugard or Lincoln.... or both?

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk