Larry Pratt & the 2nd amendment.

Started by Teresa, February 16, 2009, 07:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Derek...who has the business .. www.cascity.com/moreguns ... sent me this ....

Alex also talks with Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, about the Obama administration and the coming violations against the Second Amendment.

Part 1.

Part 2

Part 3

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Warph

The other day, a friend of mine at the 19th Hole asked me why I thought those on the left hate guns so much.  My initial reaction was to acknowledge that I have a tough time getting a handle on anything liberals say or think or do.  It all seems wacky to me.

What's more, I have no idea who compiles their playbook, although we are quite aware that they have one.  It's where they get all their talking points.  For instance, we know that liberals favor affirmative action, although at the same time we also know they like to say that where race is concerned, they're the ones who are colorblind.

They also endorse bilingual education for Latinos even though it's a handicap that the youngsters have a tough time overcoming, and may explain why such a depressingly small percent of them hang around high school long enough to graduate.

We know that leftists oppose capital punishment although I, for one, have never heard a compelling argument why a person who takes one or more lives in cold blood should be spared the ultimate punishment.

Furthermore, liberals seem to believe that same-sex marriages, abortions on demand, separation of church and state, not to mention open borders, are all covered somewhere in the U.S. Constitution.  But if we're going to be honest, one can see why liberals, who are far more prone than conservatives to forsake logic for emotion, would feel as they do about some of these issues.

As I say, I don't know who makes their decisions.  But it hardly matters if it's a committee consisting of Bill Clinton, James Carville, Howard Dean, Chris Matthews, Nancy Pelosi, Jesse Jackson, Jimmy Carter, Charles Rangel, Barbara Boxer, Keith Olbermann, Michael Moore, Harry Reid and Bozo the Clown, who set the agenda or it's simply the editorial board of the New York Times.  The thing is, they're in perfect agreement that if only they got to make and enforce all the rules, this would be a far better world.

But why are those on the left so vehemently opposed to decent, law-abiding citizens owning guns?  After all, most people can not afford to surround themselves with armed bodyguards.  And as dedicated as the police may be to protect and serve, they're usually not around at the very moment your life is being threatened.  Besides, if liberals had their way and the Second Amendment was repealed, the only people in America with guns would be cops, criminals and the military.  Interestingly, of those particular groups, criminals are the ones liberals hate the least it seems.

Frankly, having given it some thought, I believe the reason that the Left hates guns so much is because of the Jewish Bozo's here in America.  With very few exceptions, they are terribly squeamish around firearms.  The fear is totally irrational.  It's not just that they think someone will shoot them with their own gats, but that the guns, themselves, are anti-Semites, and will kill them of their own accord.

Sadly, it's more than that.  They also fear those Americans whom they most closely associate with gun ownership; namely, southern Christians.

Even though America is the most tolerant nation on earth, Jews tend to think if terrible things happened to their ancestors in 15th century Spain and 19th century Russia and 20th century Nazi Germany, it can and will happen here and you can't blame them I guess.  It's a form of paranoia.  But it's a very strange form.  For as we all know, this is a nation of 305 million.  So, wouldn't you think a minority numbering a mere five million, and in constant fear of pogroms, would spend as much time as possible on the firing range?
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Teresa

Thanks..
I have tried several times to follow up on this with what I wanted to say without going off on too many avenues.
Never could get it narrowed down... So I finally said to hell with it and let it go....
You said it well..........
thanks again.  :)

Diane Amberg

Then there is the 11 year old boy who executed Daddy's very pregnant girlfriend...with his own personal shot gun....How sad.

Teresa

Remember back in February 2008 when President Obama came to Boise and spoke at a big rally? He made a big point of saying, "I won't take away your guns," because those nasty, dishonest Republicans were saying that Obama was going to do that.

It sure didn't take long for Obama to reveal his intentions. The afternoon of the inauguration, the White House Web site's Urban Policy page admitted that he is indeed going to try and do exactly that. "Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."

I will give Obama the benefit of the doubt about whether closing the "gun show loophole" violates the Second Amendment. (There really isn't any "gun show loophole" - gun dealers have to do the same paperwork at a gun show as they do at their shop; this is really the private party sale loophole.). There are ways to fix this that aren't necessarily a violation of our rights.

It is impossible to make guns "childproof" without making them adultproof. So far, I have seen no technology that works well enough to do one without doing the other. That's why many of the proposed laws requiring "childproof" gun technology exempt guns sold to police departments. Police department guns have to work reliably; civilians defending themselves from criminals, obviously, don't need reliable guns, because criminals will stop their attack when they realize that you are having a malfunction.

The assault weapons ban, however, is clearly an attempt to take away guns. It is not an attempt to keep guns out of the hands of criminals; convicted felons can't legally possess a gun or ammunition. It is an attempt to disarm law-abiding adults of the one category of firearm most clearly protected by the Second Amendment - those that would be suitable for overthrowing a tyrannical government. (Those Democrats who were ranting and raving last year about how President Bush was going to call off the 2008 elections and make himself dictator might want to ask what you would have done in that situation. Would you have written angry letters to the White House?)

So far, it appears that President Obama misled the hard left wing of the Democratic Party about where he was going to go on foreign policy - at least, judging by his picks for Secretary of State, and Secretary of Defense. But he did more than mislead Idahoans when he said, "I won't take away your guns."
He lied to us.

Clayton E. Cramer is a historian in Horseshoe Bend whose work was cited in D.C. v. Heller (2008), striking down D.C.'s gun control ban earlier this year

Only the ones who voted for him...would this come as a surprise.
The rest of us knew he was lying.....his lips were moving.

Teresa

I am sure some of you have seen this... but I think it is important for us to watch it again... :)

Texas state representative, Suzanna Gratia-Hupp, whose parents were killed by an insane gunman while her gun was out in the car, gives very moving and bold testimony about the REAL reason that the second amendment was designed to protect our God-given right to keep and bear arms.

Teresa

Our partner Michael Bane..who is the host of Shooting Gallery and producer of Best Defense had this to say about the 2nd Amendment March..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk