I Wish Joe Stack Had Not Killed Himself!

Started by redcliffsw, February 20, 2010, 07:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Mr. Stack was a mentally ill/unbalanced individual, as is anyone who believes that it is not only permissable but necessary to take the lives of those who happen to make you angry.  It is unfortunate that there was someone in that plane with him...I have never heard the identity of who it was...And I am feeling sorry for all of the families/lives that this sick man impacted.

srkruzich

Quote from: pamagain on February 20, 2010, 02:22:39 PM
The hypocrisy of people never ceases to amaze me.........the idiot and that should be capitol IDIOT crashed his plane into a building full of WORKING joe schmoes and he is not crazy or wrong because that building represented the government and the IRS?!?!?!?!
So Timothy McVeigh was a real cool dude too I suppose................I mean yeah he killed some little kids and women but DAMMIT he was making a statement of "true rebellion" against the government so...................

He targeted the CIVILIANS working in that building! If your mom or dad, sister, brother, cousin, child, whatever got killed would it still be such an act of "true rebellion" ?

He could've "died for what he believed in" without takin an innocent bystander with him.

Again who do you think drove him to insanity to do this?  Sheesh, theres a underlying cause for him to do what he did and that was this Military Agency.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on February 20, 2010, 02:36:38 PM
Those who drove him to not follow the law?
What law?  Folks that have nothing to lose don't car about law.  Your going to find out that law isn't going to mean a hill of beans if things keep going the way its going. 

srkruzich

Quote from: twirldoggy on February 20, 2010, 02:51:08 PM
Murder suicide is a cowardly act.
Well i doubt he was a coward. He was pushed too far and he went over the edge.  Everyone can be pushed that far.

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on February 20, 2010, 05:41:34 PM
Mr. Stack was a mentally ill/unbalanced individual, as is anyone who believes that it is not only permissable but necessary to take the lives of those who happen to make you angry.  It is unfortunate that there was someone in that plane with him...I have never heard the identity of who it was...And I am feeling sorry for all of the families/lives that this sick man impacted.
I don't think anyone is saying that just because your angry its ok.  He wasn't angry, he was destroyed.  If someone comes to your door with army intent on destroying you aren't you going to take as many with you as you can?  I sure would.   How many folks here stockpile ammo?  Sure aint for the hunting you know.

twirldoggy

This is a man who created subterfuge  so that he could attack and kill innocent, unsuspecting civilians while he simultaneously killed himself.  That is cowardley.  Something like hiding in the bushes with a gun outside the courthouse to ambush an official you don't like, then taking your own life.

Varmit

Srkruzich, damn good post, and I agree! 

For the rest of you...there were no innocents in that IRS building.  Everyone working for the IRS knows how they operate.  Being a part of that makes them just as guilty.  Are the FBI agents and gov't officals that KNEW about the OKC bombing, and yet chose to ignore the warning, any less guilty than McVeigh?  What about Waco and Ruby Ridge?  And countless other examples of how corrupt our gov't has become?  How are we supposed to change it?  Vote for change...yeah that has really worked so far hasn't it. 

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Cat my information source has it that the other body turned out to be a worker form the building who was right in the area where the plan hit. Homicide, regardless. There are many, many questions yet to be answered and more known information that has not yet been released. I'm sure his beef with the IRS will eventually come out in detail. I think it's a little early to take his side and justify his actions. Very sad indeed. People are turning into frogs ,ya just kill what bugs ya and then come up with an excuse that fits.  Who appointed him judge and jury? How did that action now delay payments and refunds to people who were expecting them? How many of those people were there to fight an audit, within the system, and had to run for their lives? I was audited several times many years ago,never had to pay a single penny extra, and in fact the auditor suggested a couple of business deductions I had missed and was really owed a refund.This guy was wrong period!

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 21, 2010, 09:06:58 AM
Cat my information source has it that the other body turned out to be a worker form the building who was right in the area where the plan hit. Homicide, regardless.

Justifiable Homicide.

I think it's a little early to take his side and justify his actions. Very sad indeed. People are turning into frogs ,ya just kill what bugs ya and then come up with an excuse that fits.  Who appointed him judge and jury?

No. I don't think it is.  Mr. Stack went to war, literally, against a tyrannical evil oppersive system.  The sad thing is that the American people have allowed a system like this to come into being.  I mean sure, they have protested it, voted against it, spoken out against it...but that is it.  And what have they accomplished?  Nothing. 
You talk about judge and jury...what about those who have condemmed Stacks actions without knowing all the details?

How did that action now delay payments and refunds to people who were expecting them? How many of those people were there to fight an audit, within the system, and had to run for their lives?

Delayed payments and refunds...maybe.  But his actions could have also bought time for people who are fighting an audit that shouldn't be?  How many times has the IRS been used as an intimidator against people who have done nothing more than execrise their Constitutional rights? 
How many refunds have been sent to people that didn't deserve them?  How many times has money been stolen from hardworking people only to be given to others in the form of a refund?

This guy was wrong period!

Not by a long shot.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Warph

It's completely unsurprising that the mainstream media is trying to connect Joe Stack's fatal flight into an IRS building with the Tea Party movement or some sort of nebulous right wing extremism.  The problem is that Stack's own publicly available manifesto is as much anti-corporate than anti-government, denouncing the Bush Administration and corporate cronyism.  Stack also raged against health care reform delays and closes with praise for Communism and a condemnation of Capitalism.  Rather obviously not ideas typical of the Tea Party movement.  While the media has scrambled to try and make connections, using their usual cynical tactic of interviewing carefully selected "experts" who talk about right wing extremism and the need to tackle the problem of anti-government sentiments (there were no doubt experts giving King George III the same advice), there are no connections.  Stack was angry not over some broader political issue, but because he felt his life had been ruined by the government.  But his death serves as a convenient foil for liberals seeking to denounce all anti-government critics as dangerous extremists and terrorists who must be clamped down on.  Sound familiar?  But the appropriation of Stack's deadly flight by the left is as cynical as the appropriation of Amy Bishop's shotgun killing of three minority co-workers on the right.  The IRS is not a partisan organization. The particular law that Stack was angry about that disenfranchised engineers and computer experts working as consultants, had been proposed by the Democratic Senator Moynihan and was passed as part of tax reforms under Reagan.  It has since remained law as congress has shifted from one party to another.  In other words this is not a partisan issue, much as the media would like to transform it into one, in order to gain some leverage over a populist movement.

But in real right wing violence, a rapper named Sky Blu; is claiming that Mitt Romney assaulted him with a "Vulcan Grip " It's clear that Republicans are out of control if even harmless rappers are terrified of them and their brutal outer space assaults.  LOL... go Mitt!  http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2010/0219/Rapper-Sky-Blu-says-Mitt-Romney-used-Vulcan-grip-on-him-in-plane-fiasco

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk