Homeland Security loses a lot of guns

Started by Teresa, February 18, 2010, 04:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

The Brady bunch should get right on this..... Guns falling into the wrong hands and all ::)

http://www.saysuncle.com/2010/02/18/the-homeland-is-secure/

The nation's Homeland Security officers lost nearly 200 guns in bowling alleys, public restrooms, unlocked cars and other unsecure areas, with some ending up in the hands of felons. The problem, outlined in a new federal report, has prompted disciplinary actions and extra training.

Most of the misplaced weapons — including handguns, shotguns and military rifles — were never found. "Most losses occurred because officers did not properly secure firearms," says the Homeland Security inspector general report.

How do you lose a gun?   I mean come on~~.. I repeat~~ how do you lose a gun?

I can understand someone breaking into a car...house... and steal them..  or you are hurt badly (  say shot or car wreck) and some one takes it or its left at the scene.   Other then that... I don't understand how one could lose a gun.

And what kind of a knucklehead leaves a vehicle unlocked that has a gun inside?  And bowling alleys? Hello~~~!? What!.... did they mistake their guns for bowling shoes and return them to the shoe counter at the end of the night?

I've lost a LOT of things in my life...  money... my virginity (never did find that again)..my mind.. etc.. but I have NEVER lost or misplaced a gun... let alone 200 of them~!
SHEESH!!  ::)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

Teresa, NO WAY did they lose that many guns, my bet is they sold some and some they took home and filed they were lost just so they could keep the weapon. I  have Carried guns for years , travelled and hunted in several states for 50 years, and I have never lost a gun.

Sarge

the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

larryJ

Leave it to Sarge to pick up on that one line!!!!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

jarhead

Diane,
I'd say he left it in the nearest Ville to Cam Rahn Bay---but that's a wild guess !!! I could really care less but rest assured this spring when we are fishing the sorry dawg will tell me the whole story. I can hear him now---"It was a hot day in July and I was 9 years old and blab---blab ---blab "

Sarge

Quote from: jarhead on February 18, 2010, 08:10:52 PM
---"It was a hot day in July and I was 9 years old and blab---blab ---blab "

and I was all alone!
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

jarhead

THAT, I can believe and things aint changed much over the years, have they ?

Teresa

So sad that my life is such that I find you 2 to be at the top of my list for entertainment.. ...  ;D

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk