Biden, the Gaffe Machine vs. Cheney

Started by Warph, February 18, 2010, 11:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

I try to find humor in things, so Joe Biden is currently my favorite comedian.  Who could forget my favorite... stand up Chuck!  Biden is incredibly gaffe prone.  He's in the same league with former VP Dan Quayle.  But, these gaffes are of three types.  The first two are 1) the - drove Hezbollah out of Lebanon - type (political fantasy), and 2) the - I was a coal miner type (personal fantasy) - But type 3 is when he tells the truth when the the administration doesn't want him to (the "oops" type).  Like when he candidly admitted that Obama knew that there was little chance the stimulus bill would work or when he suggested the world would test Obama (as Iran is doing).  Type 3 is when he is most dangerous to the White House and most valuable to the people.  I actually have always liked the VP, although his behavior is often very child-like (I still cringe when I remember how he whined it wasn't fair during John Robert's nomination hearing).  But, don't children often tell us things that the adults don't want us to know?  Watching Biden try to 'best' Cheney, was like watching Alfred E. Neuman try to 'best' Ronald Reagan.

Biden vs. Cheney
by Emmett Tyrrell

WASHINGTON -- This week, the Drudge Report gave emphasis to its lead headline that a CNN poll found 52 percent of its respondents to be opposed to the re-election of President Barack Obama with this boldface screamer: "Shock." Who is shocked? The American people are a sensible lot. Frankly, I am not shocked.

This administration is as inept as you would expect an administration to be when presided over by the most inexperienced and most far-left president in modern American history. Mr. Obama is out of his depth. Moreover, he and his aides are oblivious to political realities. A perfect example of this is their deployment this week of Vice President Joe Biden to rebut former Vice President Richard Cheney's criticism of the Obama administration's approach to the war on terror. Pithily put, Cheney accuses the administration of treating the war on terror as a legal matter rather than a war. He is worried about our national security, and quite properly he fears more attacks within the United States unless we are on the offensive

So whom does the White House send out against this formidable foreign policy advocate? The administration sends the gaffable Joe Biden, the most gaffe-prone figure in public life. If you are like me, you tune him in simply for a hearty laugh.

Story at: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2453949/posts
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk