Internet Speed~~ Whats yours?

Started by Teresa, February 17, 2010, 11:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

We hear everyone talking quite a bit about how good or bad internet connections are..
Click on this link   http://www.speedtest.net
or just click on my text box

Marshal and I run 4 computers non stop..
We each have a Mac and also a Windows XP ..And I have a video rendering right now too..
so our speed is not too bad..

you can click on your own test result box and it will let you copy and post it..

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Download 10.40, upload 9.09 Ping 28ms

Joanna

Why's mine so slow? I have cable, it used to be the fast one...
Do I need to check something out?  

Jane

You want slow here is what my is
Download 0.03
Upload     0.63
Ping        423ms
I am still using land line because of where we live.

Judy Harder

http://www.speedtest.net/result/723141698.png

23 ms

I don't know how to copy the meter....so am adding my stats this way.
Is this good or bad, or so so?
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Joanna

I don't know Judy.  Yours isn't as good as Teresa's, but it's almost twice as fast as mine...  Diane's looks like a sonic boom and poor Jane isn't in the running  ::)
I wonder if I should get mine checked out because it does seem that it's getting slower all the time and our computer is up to date on all it's shots...  ;)  

Mom70x7

W. Gray

It goes with pong.  ;D

Here is a definition,
Ping is a computer network administration utility used to test whether a particular host is reachable across an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for packets sent from the local host to a destination computer, including the local host's own interfaces.

Maybe someone else could explain further.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Dee Gee

I selected other sites to test my speed but all of them were close to the same, which is slow. 

Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk