Daffy Redbird

Started by sixdogsmom, February 18, 2010, 08:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful here, and today not so much. Nevertheless, I spent time on both days doing some cleanup in the yard. There is a daffy redbird singing what-cheer, what-cheer! I wish it were so, but the weatherman says snow/rain for the next three days.

I did get some seeds planted, and have more to plant when I get more peat pellets. I am just hoping that I can get my back to cooperate, it's always something isn't it? I have started, German Johnson tomatoes, a specialty grape tomato, Gophrenias, Pansies, Desert Willow, and lots of marigolds. I am hoping the Desert Willow sprouts, as it is some seed my brother sent me. Yesterday I found numerous Praying Mantis eggcases, so I harvested some and mailed them to my brother today. Praying Mantis are just about the best grasshopper control there is; barring an old fat hen or Guinnies. A very interesting critter. Happy springtime, I hope!  ;)
Edie

Diane Amberg

I thought Daffy was a duck. ;D I'm still deciding on seeds, got to get started soon! We may go to Boston in May and I'd like to get everything out before we go..

sixdogsmom

Watered my seed boxes last night, and there are little tomatoes coming up all over. No flowers yet, but it shouldn't be long.
Edie

W. Gray

Star of 129 seven minute motion pictures--the duck, that is.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk