Amercians give up Liberty for Safety

Started by Varmit, January 17, 2010, 11:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I could say something about banana splits, but that would be beneath me wouldn't it? :o ;D

jarhead

sixdogsmom

I also hear that there are a lot of males in Sf that have more than one banana in theur skivvies!  ;D
Edie

frawin

I personally think the full body scanners are great for what they were designed for, and hopefully they will be available in every Airport soon. They are primarily used to scan passengers that cannot go thru the normal or old style metal detectors. My wife and I cannot go thru the old style metal detectors and in airports that do not have the new full body scanners we had to be hand patted down, the full body scanners are much easier, quicker and less annoying and less invasive .Also some of you seem to forget that the passenger checks are not just for terrorists, they are also for domestic idiots or derranged passengers that want to hijack a plane to somewhere or for some other idiotic reason.

Anmar

frawin, my brother has a metal plate in his arm.  He got a pretty bad compound fracture when he landed wrong in a judo match.  When he flies, they use the wand on him normally, not pat him down.  I thought the wand was the standard procedure for someone who couldn't be scanned.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Diane Amberg

Al gets wanded (is that a word?) and his braces and cane are wiped down for "offending" residue. He is rarely patted down, but that's the whole idea I think, so people never know for sure and won't try to get away with anything. We haven't had a scanner yet.

Teresa

An engineer (ex-NASA project director) has what I think is
    the near perfect solution for airport security!

*Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body
        scanners at the airports. Have a booth that you can step into
        that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device
        you may have on you.*

*It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this
    concern over racial profiling and this method would eliminate a long
    and expensive trial.  Justice would be quick and swift..*

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk