Surprised

Started by Janet Harrington, February 08, 2010, 11:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

I had to go to the courthouse today. Buzzed in, heard some noise that was kinda like a transmission using a PRC -25 radio---almost gave me flashbacks but then there was another garbled sound that sounded like someone was choking a peacock---------- I said"if you're saying something I don't know what it is " after a moment, a voice that sounded kinda like a sonic worker taking your order said"just go on in ." Piece of cake to get in the courthouse.

Diane Amberg

UM...Might I ask how you know what a choking peacock sounds like? ;D

jarhead

Used to live by a zoo. Had a night job and TRIED to sleep during the daytime

W. Gray

Jarhead,

I am glad that no one asked what the GI's (and I assume the Marines) real name for that PRC-25 radio was.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

R.Shackelford

It is not about "ease of use", its about the citizens of this county being treated like criminals because of the actions of ONE person.  By the way, Liz or any of the other commissoners that might be reading this thread, why hasn't the question of cost been answered?  A few people who post on this forum and are actually citizens that you are supposed to be representing have raised the question and deserve an answer! >:(

jarhead

Waldo,
Just add a couple more letter to the PRC and that's what it was called. all & all it was a good radio but a might heavy. Think it weighed 26 Lbs w/o battery, then I carried an extra battery. Most places I just used the tape antenna but once in awhile had to screw in the ol whip. I loved being a grunt /radioman. Got the gossip first.

R.Shackelford

Three days and still no answer...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk