The Cenus is Getting Personal

Started by frawin, February 24, 2010, 09:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on February 27, 2010, 10:54:23 AM
Larry, thats kinda what I am getting at.  Do we really need money for security cameras at our schools?
You shouldn't.  

QuoteCrop failure and flood damage?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!  I lost all my bees this year due to weather as well as over half my goats. Yet i am not going to go get my government welfare check for my losses.  Sorry but its just not right.  Why should the taxpayer pay for my losses.  

QuoteWilma, to say that our forfathers weren't able to look to the future is ridiculous!  Of course they could see that things would change. 
AMEN Brother Varmit. Preach it teach it son!   Our forefathers were not fools.  One of them was Ben franklin, one of the greatest inventors of all time. He knew that our society would change, would modernize, would go from horse and buggy to some other form of transportation and if i remember right it was in his lifetime that we developed steam engines. Shortly after he died, we developed the steam operated submarine, steam cars were invented, then diesel engine was invented 20 years after the civil war.  So  yeah they knew that this country would change and provided for it in our constitutinon.

QuoteThats why the Constitution was written the way it was.  They also saw that a central gov't that wasnt' kept in check had the potential to become tryannical and oppressive, thats why they included the limitations they did. 
As for the "Central Point" providing the ways and means of doing things, thats the point of the 10th admendment.  It is not the responsibility of the Federal gov't to handle the issues of individual states.
If you want to go back to living under the rule of a King, give it a try.  I prefer living in a free country.
Here here!  It needs to be said again!  Back when the israelites came into the promised land, they cried to God for a king. They wanted to be like every other nation around them. God said you don't need a king, take care of yourselves.  The israelites again cried to God, Give us a King.  God said ok, be careful what you ask for, you might get it and he gave them a KING.  Along with that king he gave them a curse.  

And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint [them] for himself, for his chariots, and [to be] his horsemen; and [some] shall run before his chariots.
[Treasury of Scripture Knowledge] [Concordance and Hebrew/Greek Lexicon] [list Audio, Study Tools, Commentaries]
[No Images or Hymns Available] [Versions/Translations] [Dictionary Aids]
   [Select for Copy; Double click to (de-)select all] 1Sa 8:12         And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and [will set them] to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.
1Sa 8:13 And he will take your daughters [to be] confectionaries, and [to be] cooks, and [to be] bakers.
1Sa 8:14 And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, [even] the best [of them], and give [them] to his servants.
1Sa 8:15 And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.
1Sa 8:16 And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put [them] to his work.
1Sa 8:17 He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.
1Sa 8:18 And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

W. Gray

It is interesting to note who got 42% of the Elk County vote in the 2008 election.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

jarhead

Yea Frank. But you would be hard pressed today to find one person that admits to voting for him.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk