Rewarding Failure

Started by redcliffsw, February 06, 2010, 06:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Rewarding failure – only in Washington
-Star Parker

Some $166 billion of federal funds has been poured into Head Start. Yet this new study shows that first graders who have been through the program perform essentially the same as those who haven't.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=124246

srkruzich

well what do you expect.  the only reason for head start is to start the separation process from the family.  
The government knows that in the first 5 or 6 years of a childs life, how you teach them and disclipine them will determine how they will turn out as an adult.  these are the most important development years and the most important learning years for children. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Sorry, Srkruzich, I don't buy that by the 6th year of life a childs ways are set.  I agree that they are the most important learning years, however, I don't think that their behavior is locked in. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk