Lady Bugs, Anyone?

Started by Wilma, February 14, 2010, 12:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

This morning when I opened my kitchen curtains, there was a lady bug clinging to one of them.  What is this a sign of?

sixdogsmom

Wilma, I think it is a sign that you have Japanese Ladybugs in your house just like most everyone else around here. When the sun comes out nice and warm, they think it is spring and wake up. These guys are a little larger than the pudding pan kind, they were imported as insect control, and got out of hand.  :-\
Edie

Diane Amberg

Wilma

Ah, I see.  The little lady was just asleep and is now awake.  I think she is on the window now, but I am not going to let her out.

sixdogsmom

It is advised not to mash them either, they supposedly stink when dead!  :P
Edie

Wilma

Who would want to mash a ladybug.  Besides what would her poor children do when the house catches fire?

sixdogsmom

Last year I had a houseplant that I set in front of a south window after it had spent the summer on the front porch. One spring day, the entire front window was covered in ladybugs. They even showed up in the upper story south windows where Annie  (upstairs kitty), had a blast catching them and seeing what made them tick. Afterward she dined on them, so they must have not smelled too badly. They are harmless, but a little alarming when they show up in the hundreds. O' course, I suppose they nip, like the pudding pan kind do, if you get them on you.
Edie

Judy Harder

Makes me think of spring and summer. I also think one of the old adages said
that a lady bug is good luck. I know there are differences in which are lady bugs
and which are the other kind, but it still makes me think of HOT WEATHER.

If anyone grumps about the hot summer this year, I am going to "Bop" them on the head,.

I have had enough cold/dank/cold/wet/ and miserable winter.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk