HUNTER, Thomas W. - b. March 30, 1947 - d. January 28, 2010

Started by Joanna, January 30, 2010, 11:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

Tom W. Hunter

Thomas W. "Tom" Hunter, 62, of McPherson, Kansas passed away at his home on Thursday, January 28, 2010. Tom was born on March 30, 1947, in Oberlin, Kansas, the son of Wilbur Eugene and Gladis (Joy) Hunter. Tom was a graduate of Kansas State University and Rockhurst University. On August 30, 1969, he was united in marriage to Sharyl Mount. They divorced. On May 17, 2001, he was united in marriage to Beverly Ingmire.

Tom worked at the NCRA Refinery as the Crude Supply Manager for 11 years.

Tom was a member of the Liberty United Methodist Church (Liberty, Missouri), attended First Presbyterian Church (McPherson, Kansas), member of the McPherson Optimist Club, served on the board for The Cedars (McPherson, Kansas), Delta Chi (Kansas State University), and was active in the Agriculture Future of America Program.

His survivors include: his wife, Beverly, of the home; daughters, Allison Christian (Brian) of Liberty, Missouri, Amy Hunter of Mission, Kansas, and Kelli Ingmire of Gardner, Kansas; two grandchildren, Abigail & Emma Christian of Liberty, Missouri; sisters, Lynne Flanders (Lloyd Trauer) of Overland Park, Kansas and Janet Woerner (Harold Stonehouse) of Yacaipa, California; two nieces; and one nephew. Tom was preceded in death by his parents.

The memorial service will be at 11:00 AM, Monday, February 1, 2010, at the Countryside Covenant Church in McPherson, Kansas with Rev. H. Dick Reynolds and Rev. Jon Black officiating. Cremation has taken place. Visitation with the family present is from 3:00 to 5:00 PM, Sunday, January 31, 2010, at Stockham Family Funeral Home.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be given to the McPherson Opera House in care of Stockham Family Funeral Home, 205 N. Chestnut, McPherson, KS 67460. Personal condolences may be sent via www.stockhamfamily.com.
Tom's father, Wilbur Hunter, was the oldest brother of Jim Hunter of Howard. Tom was Scott, Alan, Marty and Janette's cousin. (JH)

frawin

Joanna, just a note to let the family know that Tom was very respected in the crude oil Purchasing, Trading and Transportation group and he will be missed. I had some good visits with Tom in Midland Texas, and had the opportunity to work a deal with him when I was at Phillips and Tom was with a company that I think was in the Kansas City area, it may have been Farmland Industries. I have seen some e-mails from the Crude Oil Group expressing their sympathy and respect for Tom. I remember Tom and I laughing that both of our families lived a 1/2 mile apart in Elk County Kansas and my older brothers and sisters spent a lot of time with his Father, Uncles and Aunt, and Tom and I met in Midland Texas, of all places. It is a small world.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk