Main Menu

Pioneer Days

Started by genealogynut, October 10, 2006, 01:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyntlittle

I looked for burials at Grace Lawn and found James Gibson, husband of Elizabeth Eley Gibson.  She later married Henry Wolford (Woolford).  Are there lists of those buried at the other cemeteries?

Diane Amberg

W. Gray

http://www.ksgennet.org/ks/ek/cem/cemetery.html

Cyntlittle, here is a link to the Elk County cemeteries.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Cyntlittle

Thanks for the cemetery list.  It is a great resource, but I did not find Sarah Jane Wolford who died in Elk Falls in 1881.  Maybe the grave markers for Sarah and for Henry and Sarah's young/infant daughter, Elizabeth Wolford are no longer there. 

W. Gray

I looked under FindaGrave for Kansas and could not find anything related to any of them.

Perhaps there is a chance they were buried on private property?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Cyntlittle

I agree that it appears they may have been buried on private land.  How would I find out if Henry Wolford (Woolford) purchased land in Elk County? 

W. Gray

http://genealogytrails.com/kan/elk/index.html

There is some information here under Elk County Atlas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk