Why Obama is "Disconnected"

Started by Warph, January 19, 2010, 01:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

There is a disconnect, a detachment, a distance between the president's preoccupations and the concerns of the people. There's a disconnect between his policy proposals and the people's sense, as expressed in polls, of what the immediate problems are.

....he is not emotional enough when he speaks, he doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve, he is aloof, like a lab technician observing the movements within a petri dish called America.

You want a competent chief executive with a deep and shrewd sense of the people. Americans want him to be on the same page as they are. But he's on a different page, and he may in fact be reading a different book.

The people are here, and he is there. The popularity of his health-care plan is very low, at 35% support.

Yet—and this is the key part—the president does not seem to see or hear. He does not respond. He is not supple, able to hear reservations and see opposition and change tack. He has a grim determination to bull this thing through. He negotiates each day with Congress, not with the people.

But the people hate Congress! Has he not noticed?

Mr. Obama seems at best.... disconnected!!!

There's something tired in all this disconnect, something old-fashioned, something sclerotic and 1970's about it. (Can you say Jimmy Carter ???  >:(  :P)

Story at: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575003433828439728.html

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

You do realize, of course, that all those qualities you say our president is missing are female in nature.  ;D   Guess we do need a woman in there! ;)

Warph

You are so right, Diane and my vote would be for Kim Kardashian.  There is just something about the way she carries herself that other past presidents haven't been able to do.  Here, chechout this video and see for yourself on what I mean:
http://www.kimkardashianvideo.org/2009/09/kim-kardashian-shows-booty/

Yep... she's got my vote for president!

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

Quote from: Warph on January 19, 2010, 01:33:45 PM

There is a disconnect, a detachment, a distance between the president's preoccupations and the concerns of the people. There's a disconnect between his policy proposals and the people's sense, as expressed in polls, of what the immediate problems are.

....he is not emotional enough when he speaks, he doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve, he is aloof, like a lab technician observing the movements within a petri dish called America.

You want a competent chief executive with a deep and shrewd sense of the people. Americans want him to be on the same page as they are. But he's on a different page, and he may in fact be reading a different book.

The people are here, and he is there. The popularity of his health-care plan is very low, at 35% support.

Yet—and this is the key part—the president does not seem to see or hear. He does not respond. He is not supple, able to hear reservations and see opposition and change tack. He has a grim determination to bull this thing through. He negotiates each day with Congress, not with the people.

But the people hate Congress! Has he not noticed?

Mr. Obama seems at best.... disconnected!!!

There's something tired in all this disconnect, something old-fashioned, something sclerotic and 1970's about it. (Can you say Jimmy Carter ???  >:(  :P)

Story at: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575003433828439728.html

You do realize that Jimmy Carter is elated and jumping up and down with absolute glee over obama.  The reason is that now Jimmy carter isn't known for being the worst president in history!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jarhead

Why hell WARPH. If you're gonna vote for Kim just because of that film clip, then you ought to cast your vote my way. When I don't wear my suspenders I show more "male cleavage" than Kim does---and that's a fact. :)

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on January 19, 2010, 08:22:51 PM
Why hell WARPH. If you're gonna vote for Kim just because of that film clip, then you ought to cast your vote my way. When I don't wear my suspenders I show more "male cleavage" than Kim does---and that's a fact. :)

YIKE!  :o

--Warph

-- Warph

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

larryJ

Hey thanks!  That reminds me I gotta call the plumber out today.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk