Small World

Started by W. Gray, January 16, 2010, 06:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Ran into Sheriff Janet and her husband yesterday at the China Buffet in Independence, Kansas.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

Its so funny that you call her that..
Ashley still calls her that..and probably always will .. she started calling her that when she was about 2..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Rudy Taylor

Janet was one of the first people I got to know in Elk County when we bought the newspaper 10 years ago.

Sheriff Janet would often write a story and take a picture for us and email them to us. That was unbelievable because most sheriffs stay away from local media. Janet always looked at our newspaper as an opportunity to get the facts straight, and if she could help by writing a story ... so be it.

Then came the Elk County Forum and TaTa. That was fun, too.

I have always liked the good-natured barbs that Teresa and Janet throw at each other. They are both equally deserving of the treatment.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Catwoman

I always enjoyed talking to Janet when I lived in Elk County...She had a dry enough sense of humor that she appealed to my intellectual side...And was earthy enough that she could make me smile always...I have noted that, according to her picture, she seems to have lost a considerable amount of weight...YOU GO, GIRL!

frawin

Catwoman, we recently had a chance to see and visit with Janet in Howard and she is looking great.

Jo McDonald

That's cuz' she IS GREAT !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

As Janet's mama, I thank you all for your kind comments.  I will e-mail her to be sure to check the forum as she doesn't always have the time to do it every day.

debid

Janet is such a doll.  I don't know Janet very well personally, but I "know her" thru Jim.  Jim is always telling "Janet says hi".   I know Janet has a HUGE heart.

Janet Harrington

AWE!!!!  You made my heart feel so good.  Thanks everyone.  As for calling me Sheriff Janet, I have young men and women who still call me that because they were growing up when I was their sheriff.  David Oakleaf even autographed his CD for me like this..."To My  Sheriff, Love David Oakleaf."  I am so joyful that I made an impression and hopefully an impact on someone's life.  Thank you so much.  You make me miss being in Elk County all the time, but I will be there again someday.  Love you all.

And of course, how could I be without my wonderful mother who looks after me even when I am as old as I am.  Love  you Mother.

Wilma

Old habits are hard to break.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk