Stop Using Cell Phones!!

Started by Varmit, January 17, 2010, 06:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on January 18, 2010, 06:21:01 PM
Well ya'll, wire tapping is another thing altogether. But a cell phone transmission into the atmosphere does not belong to anybody. Just as if I spoke to you and was overheard by someone else. The third person is certainly not infringing on my right to privacy. There is a lot of paranoia here.
You didn't read the article.  The article wasn't about transmissions.  The article was about the machine they now have that will turn on your cellphone, download all the information in the phone you have on it and they can even recover deleted data off the phone.   

THey can remotely turn this on without your knowlege now and search your phone.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on January 18, 2010, 06:30:33 PM
If the cell phone transmission does not belong to anybody then why is against the law to use  a "little black box" to grab the sattalite waves that are in the atmosphere ? maybe i can get HBO, Playboy Channel and a bunch more goodies for free if they don't belong to anyone.
Jarhead i'm not talking about using a radio transmission. This device remotely turns on your phone and they access your phone through its network and searches it.  It is the same thing as searching your computer at home in your house behind locked doors.

jarhead

Steve, I was asking SDM, but not to worry my friend. I do not have a cell phone and do not use a cordless phone. Am I paranoid ?? You can bet your sweet bippy I am !!!! :)

Sarah

I am far from paranoid.  I am quite content that the Lord will see me through whatever comes my way, BUT, it does anger me.  It angers me that the government does whatever it wants "for our own good" and people are fine with this because they see it as an inconvenience or they're not doing anything wrong or it doesn't directly affect them and fail to see the big picture of where all of this is headed eventually.  How many freedoms and rights must be infringed upon before people care? 

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on January 18, 2010, 06:42:06 PM
Steve, I was asking SDM, but not to worry my friend. I do not have a cell phone and do not use a cordless phone. Am I paranoid ?? You can bet your sweet bippy I am !!!! :)
No your reply kinda surprised me and i didn't eralize it was a question. LOL  i Know you didn't waste your time becoming a marine to just lay down like some sheep.

greatguns

How many does it bother that they are infringing on the rights of people who smoke?

Sarah

Quote from: greatguns on January 18, 2010, 07:23:13 PM
How many does it bother that they are infringing on the rights of people who smoke?

You mean by not letting them smoke in public buildings?  Or the trying to make it illegal to smoke inside city limits?  Or raising taxes on tobacco to make it more expensive to smoke?  Or which law are you talking about?

Varmit

Guns, it used to bother me, but when you put it like that, I guess it doesn't bother me as much as the cell phone thing.  As far as not being able to smoke in publicly owned or gov't buildings, I don't mind that so much. The rest of it gets on my nerves.  Myself, I try to be a considerate smoker.  That is I try and move away from non-smokers or at least stand down wind.   
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Sarah

I don't think smoking is as much an infringement on rights as taking cell phone information as you are still free to smoke in your house, in your car, on your property.  Now, if they made it illegal to smoke in your house or in your car, that might be another story. 

greatguns

Well hang on for the ride!  Funny isn't it, jsut depends on which right the good ole boys want to take away.  I'm not talking about the tax as I have never bitched about the price of my habits.  You can't smoke in your car when in some parking lots (no I don't mean school property).
  If I own the business, I feel it should be up to me whether anyone can smoke in my establishment.  Everything in this country is getting carried away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk