Houston Police use DRONES to spy on AMERICANS -

Started by Teresa, January 16, 2010, 12:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Warph

Houston probably needs those drones... crime jumped 68% after bringing Katrina homeless to the city.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Varmit

That is outrageous!  It is a complete violation of privacy.  I hope people start shooting those things down.  I'm sure that the so-called law enforcement community thinks these things are double plus good but I think it is crap!!  Gee, I'm so glad that the census bureau started gps tagging everyones home, aren't you??
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Quote from: Varmit on January 16, 2010, 07:29:17 AM
That is outrageous!  It is a complete violation of privacy.  I hope people start shooting those things down. 

Good Idea Varmit... . Assuming of course your gun can reach 5000 feet!  ::)

The first thing they will use to justify it is "the war on drugs" for surveillance of "drug suspects". ::)
And even relatively intelligent people still believe that crap. >:(

And like every other technological innovation.... once in the hands of the government, it will be used against us in order to control us.... now Big Brother can see under my clothes at the airport, :o has access to all my medical records, :P knows everything I buy with a credit card,  ??? can listen in to cell phone conversations without a warrant, :-[ and now can look into my house and car from an unmanned drone flying overhead.  :-* Meanwhile... I need three forms of government-issued ID to get my drivers license renewed.

It won't be long until our "privacy issues" will be null and void.. cause we won;t have any privacy left!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

Quote from: Teresa on January 16, 2010, 10:49:49 AM
Good Idea Varmit... . Assuming of course your gun can reach 5000 feet!  ::)

I see your point, guess its time to buy that Browning .50cal I always wanted!!

But seriously, I don't think that law enforcement would use it that way.  I think that one way that they would employ it is in a psychological role.  I think that people who see this thing in action are more likely to "get into line" so to speak.  One of the best tools that law enforcement has at its disposal is intimidation.  Why do you think SWAT uses ski-masks?  It is about presenting a certain "pressence".  But in order to work it has to be seen.  That little drone, at 5000 feet won't be more than a speck.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk