SATIRE: Breaking News - Harry Reid Not Running For Senate Seat

Started by Warph, January 14, 2010, 01:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

The following is strickly SATIRE..... I couldn't pass this up... LOL it is just tooooo funny!!!!

In a stunning late night press conference, Senator Harry Reid announced that he would not seek re-election in the upcoming Nevada senatorial race. He also urged the party to back his surprising hand-picked candidate to run in his place, blogger Markos Moulitsas, from The Daily Kos.

Reid explained his strategy.

"I've hand selected a light-skinned latino, with no spic dialect, unless he wants to have one."

Reporters asked Moulitsas, who was standing next to Reid, if he was offended.

"It's pretty nuanced. See if you can follow along," gushed Moulitsas. "I'm pretty offended by this because Reid is a lame duck. If he was a progressive with power I wouldn't be offended at all. You see, it's all who's saying it and how much power and far left they are. In the end, it's super important to keep democrats seated so that we can keep racist republicans from regaining power," displaying the logic that has become a trademark of the blogger.

When asked if Moulitsas' remarks offended him, Reid said, "I really don't care what the fairy says, I just hope his check clears."

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=14920&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Iowntheworldcom+%28IOwntheWorld.com%29
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk