Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

APRIL 3

What is Your True Identity?

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." - Ephesians 1:3

I was with a preacher one time and he took me to an elite section of his town where there were many palatial mansions. I said, "Oh, those are nice, but you should see my brother's place." "Oh," he said, "Has he got anything nicer than this?" I said, "Oh yes." Then, I went on to tell him a little about it.

Then, I broke the suspense and said, "My brother's name is Jesus and He is rich in land and houses. In fact, He has gone to prepare a great place for both of us!"

Well friend, if you are a child in the family of God, He is preparing a place for you in glory, as well. You are a joint heir with Jesus. Now, go act like a child of the King!

Write out the following words on a piece of paper: "I am a child of the King. What does He want me to do in this situation?" Take that paper with you – put it on your desk at work, put it on the dashboard of your car, tape it to the inside of your locker at school. Now, watch God's Truth change your life!

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 4

Listening to a Different Frequency

"I will run the way of Thy commandments, when Thou shalt enlarge my heart." Psalm 119:32

There is an unseen world right where you are. Did you know that in the room where you are reading this, that there are cartoons, music, murder mysteries, and concerts going on? You just don't see them unless you have your radio or television tuned in to the right frequency.

So many people are missing out on the joys and privileges of the Christian life because they are not living a "tuned in" life to Jesus. To experience the abundant life that Jesus died to give you, all you have to do is tune in.

Christians march to a different beat. They whistle a different tune. And that is where our blessings lie – where the world cannot see.

Finding God's frequency takes discipline. Practice the discipline of quieting your heart and listening for His voice today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 5

The Gift of God—Life's Greatest Treasure

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

In Christ. That is a small phrase, but it is the key that unlocks the door to the largest treasure you will ever know. You see, all that happened to Christ, happened to you.

When He was crucified, you were crucified. When He was buried, you were buried. When He arose, you arose. Christ acted for you. "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption" (1 Corinthians 1:30).

A man is never more secure, until he is in Christ. Someone has asked, "What if you lose your salvation?" It can't happen to a child who is in Christ. Not only does He hold us, we are in Him. Security is not in a place called "heaven," it's in a person called "Jesus."

Today I want you to share Romans 6:23 with five people. Begin praying right now for God to show you these people and ask Him to give you boldness to share. You can even write Romans 6:23 on a piece of paper and give it to them. And before you hand it to them you could say something like, "I would like to give you a gift."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 6

Our Sins, "Paid in Full"

"Who was delivered for our offenses, and was raised again for our justification." - Romans 4:25

There was a skeptic who was talking with a little girl one day. She loved the Lord Jesus with all of her heart. He was trying to shake her faith and he said, "Young lady, Christianity is not the only religion, you know. There are plenty of religions in the world. There are plenty of Christs. Which Christ do you believe in?" She thought for a minute and said, "I believe in the One who was raised from the dead." Amen! That's the One I believe in, too!

The death of Christ on the cross without His resurrection cannot save you. If Christ died on the cross and that is all that happened, then Jesus was just one more religious leader. Do you know the proof positive that God accepted His payment for sin? He raised Him from the dead. If Jesus is still in the grave, your hope of heaven is not worth half a hallelujah.

Why not celebrate the Lord's Supper this week, remembering the powerful promise of His resurrection, replenishment, and restoration?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 7

Upheld by HIS Hand

"Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy right hand hath holden me up, and Thy gentleness hath made me great." Psalm 18:35

In World War II, General Jonathan Mayhew Wainwright led a gallant but vain fight that led him to become a prisoner of war. For months, the Japanese mocked him and beat him. Then, one day, the news arrived that the Allied Forces had won.

The Japanese guards thought Wainwright hadn't heard the news, so they approached him to inflict their daily habit of abuse. Though Wainwright had grown frail and weak, he stood up straight and tall and said, "From now on, I'm giving the orders around here."

The devil doesn't want you to know the Good News that Jesus has won the victory, either. But, you must resist him and claim the power of God in your life.

Where do you think you'd be if Psalm 18:35 said, "I have saved myself. My hand has held me up. My gentleness has made me great"? Praise God that your salvation is from Him.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

He is Risen!

APRIL 8

"Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over Him. For in that He died, He died unto sin once: but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God." Romans 6:9-10

The best news this old world has ever heard came from a graveside just outside Jerusalem. He is risen! On that day, life and death met in a tomb in mortal combat. Life won. Death died. Jesus died the death of debt. In that tomb, Jesus won the victory over death.

There is no more timeless truth than this: Jesus Christ was raised from the dead. That's a truth that science cannot explain, history cannot repeat, and time cannot erode away. It is the Truth of all truths. And the Truth that proves Jesus is the Son of God.

Someone has said, "If Jesus Christ is still in that grave, nothing matters. But if He came out of the grave, nothing but that really matters."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Hold On with Both Hands

APRIL 9

"Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which He hath promised to them that love Him?" James 2:5

Are you facing a struggle in your life today? Perhaps there is a decision that you need to make, but don't know what to do. Friend, let me tell you the way to find what God wants for you.

Take hold of the Lord with both hands and in faith tell Him, "Sink or swim, live or die, once and for all, now and forever, I'm going for You, God."

John Dryden, the famous English poet, said, "Reason saw not, till faith sprung the light." Charles Haddon Spurgeon said, "Faith goes up the stairs that love has made and looks out the window which hope has opened."

You don't know what God can do through you until you step out in faith. Take that step today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 10

The Mission of the Church

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." John 13:34

A man and his wife were walking through a wheat field in Alberta, Canada, early one evening with their young son. They forgot for a moment that their son was with them, and then suddenly they realized he wasn't there.

They searched to no avail, and then ran back to the village to get help. Many people returned with the couple to search through the night. Then one man said, "Let's lock arms and we'll sweep across the field." Then there was a cry: "I found him!" And everyone rushed together to the lifeless form of the little fellow who had died of exposure.

I wonder if there are people who are going to slip into a Christless eternity because we, as a church, haven't joined hands soon enough.

What are you doing in your church to welcome newcomers, disciple younger believers, or minister to the needs of others? Ask God to give you opportunities to redeem the 168 hours He has given you this week in selfless acts of love for others.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 11

Out of Our Comfort Zone

"For whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and of My words, of him shall the Son of Man be ashamed, when He shall come in His own glory, and in His Father's, and of the holy angels." Luke 9:26

How much have you suffered because you have named the name of Jesus? Have you refused to budge on an issue that would dishonor His name? Second Timothy 3:12 says, "All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

There's no escaping persecution for true Christians. We will be persecuted when we endeavor to "live godly in Christ Jesus." Now, on the other hand, if you're not being persecuted, don't say you must be doing a wonderful job. Very frankly, you're doing a poor job. Let me ask you: If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you? Regrettably, most people would have to say no.

Get out of your comfort zone today. Check into a short-term mission trip; start a Bible Study; witness to your neighbor; take a homeless person to lunch; take a walk in the park and tell someone that Jesus loves them.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 12

Are You Ashamed of Jesus? Or Will He Be Ashamed of You?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16

Are you willing to spend and be spent for the Lord today, or are there just too many other things on your agenda? Are you willing, no matter if it causes blood, sweat, and tears, to be used by the Lord, or are you more interested in where you are going to spend your next vacation?

So many of us are chicken when it comes to witnessing for Jesus Christ. We cluck and duck when the subject of God or religion is raised. We hope no one is looking when we ask God to bless our food in a public place.

We need more of the spirit of the saints who are suffering for the sake of the Gospel this very minute in prisons, in torture, in abuse – all because they profess a love for Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of Man be ashamed, when He cometh in the glory of His Father with the holy angels" (Mark 8:38).

God is calling you to leave your comfortable Christianity behind and tell someone that Jesus loves them and wants to save them. Will you do it, or will you be too ashamed? Let this be the year you bring the light of Christ to your dorm, your neighborhood, your apartment building, your baseball team – wherever God has placed you. Let Him use you for His glory!

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk