Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

October 25

No One Knows the Day or the Hour

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Matthew 24:36

Anybody who sets a date for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ may be crossing the line of blasphemy. The Bible teaches very clearly and plainly, and our Lord taught, that no one knows the time—no one.

Just before our Lord was taken up into glory the disciples asked Him, "Lord, wilt Thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And He said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in His own power" (Acts 1:6-7). No one knows the day when Jesus Christ is coming again, but what a glorious day that will be!

Read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. What encouragement do you need to share with someone today?

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 27

Like a Thief in the Night

"For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night." 1 Thessalonians 5:2

There was a man who went shopping and left his car and house keys in the ignition. When he returned, his car was gone. The next morning he discovered his car in the driveway with a note that said, "I was in an emergency. I'm very sorry. I needed your car. Here are two tickets for the Dallas Cowboys game."

The man went in and told his wife, "You won't believe this! There's our car, and look! We've got tickets to a Dallas Cowboys game!" They went to the game, and when they came home, their house had been cleaned out!

Friend, they never expected it, and that's the point. That's how the Lord Jesus Christ is going to come – as a thief in the night.

How would you live your life differently today if you knew that Jesus was coming back in 24 hours?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 28

Looking Unto Jesus

"Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

What does it mean to "look to Jesus" to have all of our needs met? Well, let's say I borrow ten thousand dollars from Dan, a friend of mine, but then I discover that I can't pay it back. Dan is on to me and says, "If you don't pay it back, I'm going to foreclose on you."

So I go over to another friend, Tom, and tell him about my dire situation and ask for his help. Tom says, "That's alright, Adrian, look to me."

Notice that he didn't say, "Look at me." He said, "Look to me." In other words, "I'll handle it." That's what the Bible means when it says "look unto Jesus." It means look to Him for whatever you need.

Who is looking to you to have their needs met today? Are you, then, looking to God or are you trying to do it on your own?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 29

Where is Your Focus Today?

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

When a runner is in a race, he puts his eyes on the goal. He doesn't look at the grandstand or the other runners. Neither does he examine himself. He has his eyes on the goal. He looks away from everything else. The finish line is all he sees.

That's exactly what we're to do. The reason many Christians fail in the race is that they have not learned to look away from other things. They're trying to look in both directions at the same time, and James 1:8 says, "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." And Matthew 6:22 says, "If therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

Where is your focus today? Has the world drawn you back into itself, luring you away from the command of our Lord? Read Matthew 28:19-20. That's your goal.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 30

Remembering What We've Learned

"But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them." 2 Timothy 3:14

In the last days Satan is going to come, and there are going to be more miracles than you have ever seen. Most of them will not be done by God but will be done by the power of darkness—the power of Satan. The Bible says that you can look for an explosion of the occult.

Thank God we don't have to face these days without hope. God tells us what we must do in His Word. We are to remember what we've learned and to take His promises to heart. This will not be a time to doubt Him but to trust Him with all that we are.

How is your personal study time in God's Word going? Start this week to incorporate at least one hour of personal time in God's Word to study its promises, prophecies, and applications.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 31

Surely Goodness and Mercy Shall Follow Me

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." Psalm 23:6

Goodness and mercy will pursue you all the days of your life. That's what the word "follow" literally means in Psalm 23:6—to pursue.

Jesus pursued you with His call of salvation, and He will continue to pursue you. His goodness and mercy are like two sheep dogs that follow the flock to assure there is safe journey to the Shepherd's final destination.

How many times have you questioned God's provision in your life and wondered if He really cared for you? Well, there's no question here. It says surely, not hopefully. Yes, you and I will stumble, but He will pick us up.

How would you live differently today if you knew that grace and mercy were going to follow your every step? How would you treat others?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 1

"...to Live is Christ...to Die is Gain"

"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise." Luke 23:43

I read about a man who was on an airplane in a bad storm. Even the flight attendant was nervous. But there was a little lady humming "Blessed Assurance." She seemed to be at ease. This man said to her, "Lady, aren't you afraid?" She replied, "Not at all. I've given my heart to Jesus Christ. Not so long ago, I had a daughter who died. She was a radiantly beautiful Christian and is now in heaven. I have another daughter who's in Denver, where this airplane is going. But, I tell you the truth. It really doesn't make much difference to me which daughter I visit."

Jesus told a man on a bloody cross, "Today you'll be with Me in paradise."

If you were to die today, where would you spend eternity? And what about your family?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 2

Purchased at a Precious Price

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Corinthians 6:20

Matthew 26:28 says, "For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." The word "testament" is from the Greek word diatheke, which means "covenant." Christ has purchased us with His blood. We have entered into a covenant with Him. The church is the bride, He is the bridegroom. We are betrothed to Him in a covenant bought with His blood.

Samuel J. Stone wrote these powerful words in a hymn we sing in our church,

"The Church's One Foundation."— "From heaven He came and sought her to be His holy bride; With His own blood He bought her, and for her life He died."

Let this powerful truth sink deep into your heart today. Meditate on what it meant that Jesus came and sought you, then bought you with His blood.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 3

Faithful at All Times

"Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful." 1 Corinthians 4:2

Are you faithful? When the times get tough, can you be counted on?

Today there is a serious lack of genuine integrity and faithfulness among God's children. This is a travesty. Man's words mean little today, whether it's a marriage contract or a business contract. Even a treaty between nations doesn't seem to hold true. Our faithfulness is the fundamental basis of character. We will never know God's blessing apart from faithfulness.

When you are gone, will people say you were faithful? Faithful to your family? Faithful to your friends? And most of all faithful to God?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 4

Faithful in Your Words

"But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation." James 5:12

In talking with teenagers, I've discovered many who harbor bitterness and resentment. And much of that resentment is directed toward their fathers over a serious matter of broken promises.

If you're a dad who wants to restore your relationship with your teenager, one of the best things you can do is to remember those broken promises. Then go to him with a remorseful spirit and say, "I've asked God to forgive me and I want you to forgive me." And then ask him this question, "Have I ever made a promise to you that I've failed to keep? If so, I want you to tell me, because I want to repent. I want you to believe that your dad is a faithful man."

Are you a man of your word? A woman of her word? Turn over a new leaf today that you will stand behind your word.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk