Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 16

The Whole World in His Hands

"And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist." Colossians 1:17 

We sing about the Lord having the whole world in His hands. But do you know what is more remarkable than that? He has the whole universe in His hands.

He's the One who spoke it into existence. He's the One who keeps it going. He's the One who is going to fold it up like a garment and tuck it away in a drawer somewhere. He regulates it; He rules it and He runs it.

When you pick up the newspaper and read something alarming, you don't need to panic. Instead, remember Who has it under His control. He who flung the stars in space has the whole universe in His hands!

Take the hand of a child today and look at the stars twinkling in the night sky or a flower beginning to bloom. Then share about the awesome Creator and Sustainer of all.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 17

The Law of the Harvest

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over. . ." Luke 6:38

When God created the herbs of the field, He said, "Let them bring forth after their kind" (Genesis 1:12).

Whatever we sow, we're going to reap. If you sow to the flesh, then you're going to reap what you sow. On the other hand, if you sow to the spirit, you cannot fail to reap good things. You can't even give a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple and lose your reward.

Every seed you plant for Jesus is going to sprout. Whatever it is you want, plant it, sow it, give it, "and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together."

Would you like to have better relationships? Then start sowing seeds of encouragement and good deeds.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 18

Valleys and Mountains in the Life of a Christian

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

Did you know that it is an impossibility of geography to have a valley without a mountain? They are beautiful complements in God's grand creation.

The valley is the place of vision. It is the place of repose and reflection.

The mountain is the place of discovery and a place to become strong.

If you find yourself in a valley, it is because you have come down from a mountain. If you're on a mountain, you came to that place by way of the valley.

Are you in the valley or on the mountaintop? Read Psalm 46 about the strength of the Lord. Rest and rejoice in His strength, wherever God has you right now.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 19

Seizing Opportunities to Serve

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:10

Do you remember the story of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:30-37? He was on a journey but stopped and helped a bruised and broken man. He didn't make excuses saying, "It's none of my business." It was a golden moment, and he took it.

All around you are people who need the compassion of Christ. They need you to see their pain as a golden opportunity to serve them in the name of Jesus.

The chief enemy to kindness is busyness. We have our priorities, our jobs, our duties, our responsibilities, and we're too busy. But if we're too busy to be kind, we're too busy.

What's on your schedule for today? If someone had a flat tire, could you fix it? If someone called and needed a ride to the hospital, could you take them? Clear the way for Jesus, my friend.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 20

Longing for His Return

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Revelation 22:17

God chose the analogy of a wedding to describe the moment when we become one with the Lord Jesus Christ. When we become one with God for all eternity, we'll know Him in a more intimate way than we know Him now, and God calls that "the marriage of the Lamb." When I think about the fact that being swept up to meet the Lord in Glory and meeting Him face to face is so fulfilling that the Bible describes it as the consummation of a marriage, I don't mind telling you that really excites me!

Does the Second Coming of our Lord make your heart pound with excitement? Do you long for His return and reign?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 21

Espoused to Christ

". . . Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honor, and power, unto the Lord our God." Revelation 19:1

I've never performed a wedding where there wasn't a beautiful bride, but no bride can compare in beauty to the one we'll behold when Jesus returns to claim us, the Bride of Christ.

You see, when we were saved, we were espoused to Christ, and an espousal is a little bit stronger than an engagement. An engagement is a promise to marry, but an espousal is a promise that you belong to this person even though the marriage has not yet been consummated.

Every child of God already belongs to Him. When we become espoused to Christ, He gives us something better than an engagement ring. He gives us the Holy Spirit.

Read Revelation 19, then spend a few moments worshipping Him.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 22

Seeing Problems as Potentialities

". . . the God of heaven, He will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build. . ." Nehemiah 2:20

Do you have any problems today? You do? Well, I just have one word for you: "Congratulations!"

I don't want to sound flippant, but I am very serious about my comment. You see, a problem really is an opportunity in disguise. You need to learn that God wants you to see your problems as potentialities and your adversaries as opportunities.

A Christian is not someone who sees a difficulty in every opportunity, but to the contrary, he's one who sees an opportunity in every difficulty.

Think of a problem you are struggling through today. Now, get on your knees. Ask God to show you the opportunity hidden away in your struggle that will bring Him glory.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 23

Driven to the Heart of Our Lord

"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered." Psalm 32:1

The worst thing that could happen to sinful people would be to live in a perfect environment.

If God had left Adam in the Garden of Eden, Adam would not have known that he had the fatal infection of sin, and he would not have sought the remedy for sin, which he found in the shedding of blood.

Problems are designed not to crush us, but to crowd us to Christ who provided the remedy for sin by shedding His blood on the cross. The problem of sin is real and terrible, but it brings with it the possibility that we can be forgiven and clothed in the righteousness of Christ.

When was the last time you thanked God for the problems in your life? Think of them as vehicles that drive you to the heart of your Lord.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 24

Don't Try to Hurry the Harvest

". . . the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain." James 5:7

Sometimes the things that count the most seem to take the longest to get here.

Some giant sequoias in California are 300 feet tall. That's the height of a 30 story building! Yet each one began with the smallest of seeds that began growing and maturing since before the time of Christ! That's a long time.

You may say that you're going to serve God. Then you start to do something for Him, but when you don't reap a harvest immediately, you get discouraged. Don't try to hurry the harvest. In due season, you will reap.

Have you shared Christ with people and yet they haven't been saved? Read Isaiah 55:11 and Romans 10:13 and receive His encouragement.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 25

Looking to God, Our Provider

"For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills." Psalm 50:10

Do you remember when it was rare to hear of someone whose job was either threatened, or actually lost, due to changes or cutbacks? Well, that's hardly news anymore.

These days it seems that almost everyone is struggling with financial problems related to job security.

You may be struggling and asking, "What good can possibly come from my financial problems?" They are wonderful opportunities to trust your Heavenly Father for your daily bread. I've always said that it's better to have a Father who owns a bakery than to have a warehouse full of bread!

Are you having financial woes? Do you know someone who is? Share with them the Good News of God's provision and faithfulness.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk