Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

JULY 7

Only One Life Ever Lived to Perfection

"Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come." Revelation 4:8

There has never been a man like the Lord Jesus. I was deeply stirred by these words, written by John Phillips about Jesus:

"He never uttered a hasty, unkind, untrue, or frivolous word. He never entertained an impure thought. His talents never debased for selfish ends. His influence, never bad. His judgment, never wrong. He never had to apologize for anything that He did or retract a single word He said. He was never too late or too soon, never upset, never insipid, never shallow or afraid. . . He had absolute victory from the moment He drew his first breath in that Bethlehem barn until the moment He closed His eyes in death on the cross of Calvary."

If you're looking for a hero, let me suggest mine. His name is Jesus.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 8

Are You in the Secret Service?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth." Romans 1:16

Are you ashamed to put a Bible on your desk at work? Are you ashamed to bow your head in the cafeteria? Are you ashamed to invite people to Jesus Christ? Are you ashamed of the One who died for you?

A little boy had a dog, and someone asked him what kind of dog he was. He was just a mongrel, but the little fellow said, "Well, he's a police dog." The friend said, "He doesn't look like a police dog." The little guy replied, "He's in the secret service."

I'm afraid there are many of us who are in the secret service. We ought to be open and bold for the gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Ask God to lead you out in strength and boldness today to live for Him and proclaim His love to others.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 9

Not Allowing Past Sins to Silence Our Witness

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

A young preacher was called out of a life of sin to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. While in the pulpit one day, he received a note in which someone had written all his past sins. In addition it read, "Aren't you ashamed of yourself? And you're up there telling people to get right with God!"

Do you know what the young preacher did? He read that note, bowed his head in prayer, stood up and said, "Ladies and gentleman I have received a note, and here is what it says." Then, in front of that whole crowd, he read every one of those sins. Then he said this: "Yes, I am ashamed of myself, but I am not ashamed of my Savior!"

What are some past sins in your life that are holding you back from fully proclaiming God's power to others? Confess them and bury them in His sea of forgetfulness.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 10

Ready to Give an Answer

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear." 1 Peter 3:15

Sometimes during an interview a reporter may ask me, "Do you think a Jew without Jesus is lost?" If I say, "Yes," then I will look like a racist or a bigot. If I say, "No," then, I have dishonored the Lord Jesus Christ who died for the sins of all people. So, how do I answer?

I say, "Friend, I believe that one of my own children without Jesus would be lost. It doesn't matter whether he's a Jew or a Gentile. You see, God demands absolute perfection and none of us can provide it. That's why we need the gospel. We need Jesus. We need the righteousness of God that comes by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ."

What would you say if someone asked you that question? Ask the Lord to prepare you.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 11

Real Faith: What It Is—What It's Not

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1

It's faith that enables us to live the Christian life. In order to know what faith is, let me tell you what faith is not.

Faith is not a hunch.
Faith is not positive thinking.
Faith is not responding to emotions, feelings, or icicles up and down your spine or miracles, signs and wonders.
Faith is not believing that God can do something.
Faith is knowing that God will. Faith is taking God at His word. Real faith dies to doubt. It is deaf to discouragement. It is blind to impossibilities. Now this is the kind of faith we need.

What kind of faith do you have? Do you have the faith that is small as a mustard seed, but can move a mountain? Ask God for it today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 12

The Forgiveness of the King

"Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered." Romans 4:7

There was a king who asked slaves on a ship, "Why are you in chains?" One replied, "I don't know. I was in a crowd when a crime was committed. I am innocent." He asked another who said, "I am not guilty, but am a victim of false witnesses." The king proceeded to ask each man the same question and each had a reason why he was innocent. That is, until one man responded, "I am here because I deserve to be here. I have sinned against my God and against my king. And now I am paying the penalty."

The king stepped back and said, "What are you doing here among so many honest men? Guards, release him!"

Not until we admit our sin are we going to know the mercy and the forgiveness of the King. Bow before Him today and admit you are lost without Him.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JULY 13

Restore Such a One

"If a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted." Galatians 6:1

As a young boy in Florida, I loved to collect coconuts and sell them. One day while up a tree, I was using my right hand to disconnect a coconut when the palm frond let go. I fell on the grass, but my left arm fell on the sidewalk. It was a bad situation. My brother was there, and he saw what happened to me.

As I was lying there, having fallen, what did I need? Well, I didn't need a lecture. I didn't need my brother to go around to the community and say, "Did you hear about Adrian?" I didn't need for him to come along and shoot me to put me out of my misery. What I needed was restoration.

Do you have a brother or a sister in Christ who is overtaken with a fault? If so, go and restore him; restore her.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

July 14

You Are Valuable—Because You Are Loved!

"But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Grace is the most beautiful word in the Bible other than Jesus. Grace is why God loves us when there is nothing lovely about us. We are not loved because we are valuable. We are valuable because we are loved. 1 John 4:10 says, "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." That, friend, is God's amazing grace. We are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. I love Him for His grace. It is all Jesus. It's not the church. It's not good deeds. Amazing grace is in the Lord Jesus Christ. He loves you. He died for you.

Thank God for the justification you have through Jesus Christ. Thank God for the grace He has abundantly given you.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Freedom from the Bondage of Sin

"Therefore, as by the offense of one, judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one, the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life."
Romans 5:18

One day Abraham Lincoln was in a slave market and saw a beautiful young slave girl being auctioned. Lecherous men were bidding on her, so Lincoln began to bid. Finally, she was sold to Lincoln. He took the certificate of sale and handed it to her saying, "You're free."

She asked, "What do you mean, free?" He said, "You are free." She said, "Free to do what I want to do?" He said, "Yes." "Free to say what I want to say?" He said, "Yes." "Free to go where I want to go?" He said, "Yes." She said, "Then I am going with you."

Friend, Jesus made you free. You have been redeemed by His precious blood. And in gratitude, your life is to be devoted to Him.

Do you know someone who is in bondage to sin today? Share with them the free, redeeming love of Jesus Christ.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Saturday, July 16, 2011     

In Collusion or Collision?

JULY 16

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God." Romans 8:16

A farmer and his farmhand went duck hunting. The farmer said to his friend, "You're always talking about fighting with the devil. I'm not a Christian, and I never have to fight with the devil."

The farmhand answered, "Boss, if you and I shot two ducks, one was wounded and one was dead, which one would you go after first?"

The farmer said, "Well, I guess the wounded duck."

"That's right. The devil knows you're a dead duck."

If the devil doesn't bother you, it's because he doesn't have to bother you since you and he are traveling in the same direction. If you turned around, you'd have a collision with him. Right now, you are in collusion with him.

Are you a child of God? Then praise Him that He has given you the power over Satan and placed you on the pathway to see Him face to face!

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk