Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

APRIL 20

The Only One Who Conquered Death

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" 1 Corinthians 15:55

Harry Houdini was an escape artist. They tried all kinds of ways to keep Harry Houdini locked up. They would bury him in a coffin, but he would get out. They would sew him up in canvas bags and throw him in the river, but he would come out. His biographer said he could escape from anything, except your memory.

Yet there came a day when Harry Houdini died and he did not escape. No trickery there. Harry Houdini did not escape the iron-clad clutches of death. But I want to tell you there was another who died. His name was Jesus, and He made the great escape. Jesus came out of the grave and He arose. Praise God, Jesus is alive!

Who in your circle of friends doesn't know Jesus? Pray for them right now, that they would hear the Good News, repent and believe upon Jesus as Lord and Savior.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 21
Jesus in All Sixty-Six

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

The thing I love about the Old Testament is the thing I love about the New Testament. The Old Testament and the New Testament both are the inspired Word of God. Don't get the idea that the Old Testament has a message different from the New Testament. All of the Bible is about Jesus. If you read the Bible and you don't find Jesus, you better go re-read it.

Somebody may ask if you have read the four gospels, and you can answer them, "I've read all sixty-six!"

From Genesis to Revelation,

It has the same villain – Satan.
It has the same hero – Jesus.
It has the same purpose – to present salvation in no other name but Jesus.
Read Isaiah 53. What are the prophecies that were fulfilled in the life of Christ?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 22: GOOD FRIDAY

Peace with God—Because of the Cross

"... having made peace through the blood of His cross." Colossians 1:20

How can a cross bring peace if Jesus is the One hanging there?

At the cross, wickedness was not appeased. Wickedness was confronted.

At the cross, sin was not overlooked. Sin was atoned and paid for.

God's greatest righteousness confronted man's greatest wickedness, and righteousness won! Peace was attained through the blood of the cross.

Thank God for the cross! Thank God for Jesus!

Take a few moments to praise Jesus for the power and hope you have because of His resurrection.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 23

Moving His Son Into King's Row

Psalm 2:6 – "Yet have I set My king upon My holy hill of Zion."

The kingdoms of this world are being moved around like checkers, but soon God is going to move His Son into King's Row and say, "Crown Him King of kings!"

How many times have you prayed, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven"?

Do you think God's will is being done on earth as it is in heaven?

Look around at the crime, rape, murder, child abuse, and blasphemy. Do you think that's God's will? Of course not.

Do you think Jesus Christ would have taught us to pray a prayer that will not be answered? God is going to move Jesus into King's Row and say, "Crown Him King!"

Read Psalm 2. What does the psalmist tell the kings of this world to do? Pray now that god will work in the hearts of the world leaders!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 24
He Is Risen!

"He is not here: for He is risen." Matthew 28:6
It is a disturbing truth that Jesus Christ literally came out of the grave. You just can't be neutral about the resurrection. If you are a thinking person, you're going to have to face the fact of the resurrection. Either it is true or it is not true. Either He came out of that grave or He did not. Now which side are you on? You can't just ball it all up and say, "It doesn't really make any difference. Let's just put our arms around everybody. We all believe the same thing." No, no, no! When you take a stand for truth, you're going to have a head-on collision with the darkness that doesn't want the light shining in!

Pray for those in fulltime ministry as they proclaim the truth to a lost world. Pray for God's protection as they go to the frontline and battle for souls!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 25

New Life, a New Creation in Christ
"For with Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy light shall we see light." Psalm 36:9

Jesus had a life that the grave could not keep. While He carried your sins to the grave and left them there, Jesus came out of that grave living, risen, and victorious! When Jesus rose, you rose with Him.

Christians are not just nice people, they are new creatures. We have the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

We have come out of the grave of the old life. Our old master has no more hold on us. The old debt has no more penalty that we have to pay. When Jesus came out of that grave, we came out with Him and we have been raised to walk in newness of life.

Are you walking around in the grave clothes of your old life? Shed them, my friend! Jesus came to give you New life! Believe that you are now a new creation in Christ!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 26

He Has Overcome the World
"In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot keep you. His power is ever-present in your life as His child.

If I could have been there in the days of His flesh, I would have wanted to see Him walk across the sea and calm the waves. I can just see that kingly form with the wind in His hair, putting His foot steps on the sea, His garments billowing back. Smiling at the storm.

When the disciples saw Him walking on the water, what was their biggest problem? The water. Jesus in essence was saying, "What looks like it's going to be over your head, is already under My feet."

What are some problems that are drowning you in fear, in discouragement, in sadness today? Give them to Jesus. Remember: what is over your head is under His feet.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 27

The Gospel, a Truth Worth Dying For
"...we believe and are sure that Thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." John 6:69

Jesus Christ is a fact of history. All secular historians who have any merit admit that regardless of what they believe about Him, Jesus lived!

There's no way to explain how the Christian Church exists apart from the fact that Jesus Christ was here. What did the early church preach? Not only that Jesus was here, but that He walked out of the grave. How do you explain that?

Somebody said, "Well, they must have made up the story. They said they touched Him, they said they ate with Him." Oh? We're talking about men who died for their faith. Do you think they would willingly, knowingly die for a lie? A man may live for a lie, but few would die for one.

Are you willing to die for the cause of Christ? This man who died for you...are you willing to die for Him?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 28

Governed by His Providence

"But He saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid." John 6:20

When storms come into your life, I want you to remember this truth: "I am governed by His providence."

The storm did not take the wave walker, the Lord Jesus, by surprise. As a matter of fact, the Bible says He's the one that "commandeth and raiseth stormy seas." (Psalm 107:25)

Perhaps you're in the eye of a storm right now. It looks like your boat is sinking. Maybe it's so dark you can't see your hand before your face. I want you to know there is nothing that comes to you that He does not either cause or allow. Whether I can see it or not, whether I can understand it or not, it is a fact that God has not relinquished His rule upon His universe.

Read Matthew 8:23-27. Does Jesus see the storm in your life? Bow before the One, the only One, who can calm your storm. Trust His ways. He's in control.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 29

Graced by His Prayers

"Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25   

Do you ever feel you are all alone when a struggle hits your life? Tell yourself, "I am graced by His prayers."   Jesus is watching over you, and He is praying for you. The Savior. The Shepherd. The King. The Prince. He is praying for you! Do you feel encouraged? I do!

Just to know that the One who died for me "ever liveth to make intercession" for me is enough. He lives to stand in the gap for you and for me. What a mighty God we serve! What mercy we don't deserve! You are on Jesus' prayer list! You. He knows you. And He is praying you through the eye of the storm.   Do you have a prayer list? Go through that list today and pray for someone you haven't prayed for in awhile and trust God to answer, even today!

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk