Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 30

One Way to Salvation

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." John 14:6

Materialism says, "Buy your way out." The politician says, "Legislate." The army says, "Fight." Industry says, "Work." The philosopher says, "Think." But Jesus says, "There's no way out but through Me."

Jesus will save you by His grace, and He'll save you all by Himself or you won't be saved at all. When you are saved by the grace of God, you are saved instantly, and you are saved eternally. Your goodness is not enough to save you, and your badness is not enough to keep you away. Jesus loves you so much that He died to save you.

Have you taken Jesus at His Word and followed His way of salvation? Maybe you have a friend who needs this truth today. Share it, don't suppress it. 
:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Love Worth Finding

DECEMBER 31

Light Obeyed Increases Light

"Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart." Psalm 119:34

Is God righteous? Yes! How is the righteousness of God revealed? It is revealed from faith to faith. God gives you truth; you believe that truth; then God gives you more truth. The more you obey the light, the more light you get.

The reason some of us don't understand the Bible any more than we do is because we have not been living up to the light that God has already given us.

If you want to understand the part of the Bible that you don't understand, then begin to obey the part that you do understand. Then you'll begin to understand what you didn't understand. Understand?

Ask God for faith that will reveal to you the hidden truths of His Word that are hard for you to understand right now.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 1

A Vision for Your Life in the New Year

"...which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast...even Jesus." Hebrews 6:19-20

A New Year is like an ocean. There will be untested winds and waves. We'll meet ships we never knew and we'll have all kinds of opportunities as we sail into an uncharted sea.

In our quest to discover the good life this year, we must be careful that we do not drift into an aimless life. The worst thing that could happen to us this coming year is that we just let this year happen to us rather than charting a course and getting into God's appointed harbor. More than likely, you won't decide to drift. It'll just happen. You'll be coasting along at a good clip, and then before you know it you're drifting away. . . that is, unless you have an anchor. 

Take a few minutes to reflect on this past year. What were some things you did right... what were some things you would do differently this next year?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 2

Setting Sail for a New Year 

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Proverbs 29:18 

Helen Keller was born blind, but she had vision. A reporter asked Miss Keller, "Is there anything worse than being born blind?"

"Yes," she said, "It is to have sight and no vision."

Do you have a vision for your life at the threshold of a new year? On New Year's Day, I review the goals for my life. These are spiritual, relational, intellectual, physical, and financial goals. I pray over these and ask for God's will to be done in each one. I hold them in an open hand and ask that God would give me wisdom as to the direction He wants for my life. I don't want to be a man without vision. I don't you to be one, either.   

Begin to think about some goals you would like for your life. Pray and seek the Lord's face as you ponder the future.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 3

Setting God-Given Goals

"We ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip." Hebrews 2:1

Have you ever written down some God-given goals to keep you from being a drifter? Without goals, you're a ship without a rudder, a compass, a sail and an anchor. What kind of ship is that? One that is doomed to failure. 

Most people don't plan to fail. They simply don't plan. How can you tell whether or not your goal is a God-given goal? First, have you prayed over it and asked for God's blessing? Second, does it create in you enough spiritual enthusiasm and excitement to see it fulfilled? Third, does it demand the very best in you? Fourth, does it touch every area of your life? There is no area of your life that is out-of-bounds from God.   

Take some time to write down some goals and even a mission statement focused on the following areas of your life: spiritual, physical, relational, intellectual, and financial.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 4

When Opportunity Knocks

"I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved." John 10:9
We need to practice the presence of the Lord this coming year. You're going to be tempted to rush into life because of the fast pace to which society is stepping. Many doors will open for you. Many doors will close. What will you do?

Remember that through it all, Jesus Christ will be behind each and every door as you seek Him with all your heart. He has promised never to leave you nor forsake you.

When the devil comes and knocks at your heart's door this next year, simply say, "Jesus, please go answer the door." The Lord is there with us to take care of us.

When the door of opportunity knocks for you today, take a moment to reflect on His goodness, His mercy, and His faithfulness. Trust in Him to give you what you need.   

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 5

Finding Your Contentment in Jesus

"...and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, 'I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.'" Hebrews 13:5-6 

As you face the new year, I want you to find your contentment in Jesus, your companionship in Jesus, and your confidence in Jesus. Then you'll find your comfort and your courage in Jesus. 

When you are contented in Jesus and He is closer to you than any one on earth could possibly be; when you are confident in the midst of trials and testing that He will provide...then, and only then, will you know the courage that comes from His comforting presence.   

Pray, "Lord, with all my heart, with all I am, I want to know you. I want our relationship to be close and my faith to grow. Cleanse me and make me new that I may be all that You want me to be this year."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 6

The Light of God's countenance

"Lord, lift Thou up the light of Thy countenance upon us." Psalm 4:6

How easy it is to be deceived when we are not walking in the light of God's Word. Charles Lindbergh tells about the time he was flying in a dense fog over Newfoundland. He noticed moisture beginning to freeze on the wings of his plane and thought, "This great adventure is going to come to an untimely end. What shall I do?" Then he had a moment of inspiration. He pulled his plane up and out of the fog and burst into the dazzling sunlight. 

Have you ever felt like you were living in a fog? Friend, He has a word of encouragement for you. You can get near to the heart of God. His light can shine even in the darkest corner of your heart.   

Ask God to shine His light into the darkness of your heart. Ask Him to reveal your doubts and fears. Ask Him to reveal your sin that lies covetously in your heart. Then, get ready for a blessing. Draw up close because when you repent, He'll reach in with healing forgiveness.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 7

The Blessed Hope of His Glorious Appearing

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ." Titus 2:13 

Whenever I walk the shores of the Sea of Galilee, I long to see Jesus walking there. I would have loved to see have seen Him walk on the water - planting His footsteps on the sea with the wind in His hair and His garments flowing. I think I'd be a better preacher had I seen Him dying in agony and blood, and to have experienced that Easter morning. Wouldn't it have been wonderful to see Him ascend into the glory! 

I didn't see Him any of those times, but I'm going to see Him. And you're going to see Him! There's a blessed hope awaiting us as God's children. When He returns, He's not coming as the carpenter, He's coming as the Conqueror!

Thank God for this Good News right now. And ask Him to bring you someone today with whom you can share this particularly Good News of Christ's return!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 8

He Alone Is Worthy 

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12

There's an interesting story about how a gifted violinist named Fritz Kreisler acquired a Stradivarius violin. Kreisler heard about the violin owned by an old Englishman and offered to buy it, but the old man said it wasn't for sale.

One day Kreisler ventured to the old man's house and said, "If I can't buy it, may I touch it?" The old Englishman invited him in and even allowed him to begin making music with it. Great tears welled up in the old Englishman's eyes and he said, "It is not for sale, but it is yours. You are the Master and alone are worthy of it!" That is what worship is all about. God is the Master and He alone is worthy.   

Starting with the letter "A ", and going through the alphabet, praise Him for all that He is, has been, and will be!

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk