Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 17

Our Abba Father

"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father." Galatians 4:6

Do you know what "Abba" means?  It means "Daddy Father." Have you ever thought about God as your Daddy? When Jesus taught us to pray "Our Father" in Matthew 6:9, the same word in Greek is the word "Pater" - "Abba Father."

American children say, "Da-da."  But in the Middle East they say, "Abba - Abba." Jesus says that we can call the great God of the universe "Daddy."

I'm so glad that our Heavenly Father never gets too busy running this universe and commanding the angels that He forgets us. He wants to be with you like there is no one else on earth and nothing else for Him to do.

Do you wish you had a hug right now? You can crawl up into the lap of your Daddy Father and He has nothing better to do than to give you a hug.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

It is All Coming to Jesus

DECEMBER 18

"For by Him [Jesus] were all things created, that are in Heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him; And He is before all things, and by Him all things  consist.  Colossians 1:16-17

One week from today we celebrate the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible says, "All things were created by Him and for Him..." (v. 16).  In this sentence the word "for" is a preposition that speaks of direction. It's the Greek word for "moving in the direction of." 

We in America have been invaded by Eastern religions.  Eastern religions believe that it's all circular.  Everything goes round and round.  But it's not circular.  It is all headed in a direction. The Bible is linear. We're moving—moving to the time when the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of our Lord and His Christ.

Friend, it is all headed to Jesus. It is all for Him, for the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the key to the mystery of history.

People ask, "What is the world coming to?"  Answer: "It's coming to Jesus."
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 19

Without Even Saying A Word

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go." Psalm 32:8 

I was talking to my son one day, and he reminded me of something that happened when he was a little boy. He said, "Dad, I was sitting in church, and you looked at me, and I knew I was going to get a whipping when I got home."

If you're married, you know how your spouse can give you that look that says, "Whatever you're talking about — stop!" That's the intimate relationship that people who know one another well establish. You're to have such an intimate relationship with God that He can just look at you and your heart is touched.

Throughout the day today, think of the eye of the Lord upon you...allow this to direct your steps and give you courage.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 20

Never Another Like the Lord Jesus Christ

"And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of Thine hands." Hebrews 1:10 

Nobody knows the exact date of Jesus' birth, and yet His birth has divided all of history into B.C. and A.D. So far as we know, He never wrote a book, and yet more books have been written about Him than any other person. He never painted a picture or composed any poetry or music that we know of, and yet He has been the inspiration of the greatest music, art, and poetry the world has ever known. He never had any formal education, yet more schools, colleges, universities, and seminaries have been founded in His name than any other person who ever lived.

That's who the Lord Jesus is, and never has there been another like the Lord Jesus Christ!

Read Hebrews 1:1-14. Marvel at His majesty! Praise His omnipotence! 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 21

Who Is the Babe of Bethlehem?

"In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins; Who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature." Colossians 1:14-15

Of all the people who have walked planet Earth, only a handful have made any real, lasting impression or changed the world.  And of that handful of people, there is One who stands head and shoulders above all the others. His name is Jesus.  More attention has been given to Him, more devotion, more criticism, more adoration, more opposition than all of the others. 

Every recorded word He said has been sifted, analyzed, scrutinized, and debated, more than all the historians, philosophers and scientists put together.  The great historian Kenneth Scott Latourette said, "Jesus has had more effect on the history of mankind than any other of its race who ever existed." 

To explain Jesus Christ is impossible. To ignore Jesus Christ is disastrous. To reject Him is fatal. Understand who Jesus Christ is. Jesus reveals the Father.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 22

The Child in the Manger—Image of the Invisible God

"...His dear Son...Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature...that in all things He [Jesus] might have the preeminence.  For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fullness dwell." Colossians 1:13,15, 18, 19

God is Spirit, invisible, unfathomable, unapproachable.  How are we going to know God?  Jesus is the image of the invisible God.  The visible Jesus makes the invisible God known.

How are you going to know God? 

Not by reason.

Not by religion.

Not by ritual. 

You're going to know God only by revelation.

And Jesus Christ has come to reveal God to you. You can never fully know God the Father apart from God the Son, "...who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature." All of God was in Bethlehem's babe.  He is the express image of God.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 23

The Revelation of God

"All things are delivered unto Me of my Father, and no man knoweth the Son but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father except the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him."  Matthew 11:27

Do you want to know God?  Friend, Jesus Christ has cornered the market.  He has a monopoly on revealing the Father. Jesus Christ Himself said, "...neither knoweth any man the Father except the Son, and he to whomsoever the son will reveal Him."

Either that's true or it's not true. Jesus has said, "Nobody knows My Father but Myself, and you can't know Him unless I introduce Him to you."

You want to know what the great, invisible God is like?  Would you like to know His heart?  Friend, Jesus reveals the Father.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 24

Jesus Christ: Son of God and God the Son

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." Luke 1:35

Who was this baby?  Who is Jesus Christ? 

Think about it.  Here's a person who lived in a tiny little land two millenniums ago, and yet after 2,000 years, there is never one minute on this earth that millions are not studying what He said.  Libraries could be filled with the volumes that have been written about the Lord Jesus. He never traveled far from His birthplace, yet His testimony has gone around the world.

He only had a handful of followers and a ministry of only three short years, yet 2000 years later, we are still saying, "Jesus, Your name is wonderful."

To know Him is to love Him. To love Him is to trust Him.  To trust Him is to be radically, dramatically, and eternally changed. To be transformed. 

Human speech is too limited to describe Him, the human mind too small to comprehend Him, and the human heart can never completely, totally absorb who Jesus Christ is.  He is God, manifest in the flesh.

DECEMBER 25

The Great "I AM'—Cradled in a Manger

"She brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes and laid Him in a manger..." Luke 2:7

"This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well-pleased." Matthew 3:17

"This is My beloved Son...hear ye Him." Matthew 17:5

Jesus never had an identity crisis.  He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life."  Note Jesus didn't say, "I am one way to God." He didn't say, "I am a life."  Jesus said, "I am the way, I am the life." And God says, "He is my dear Son."

In the Gospel of John, Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I am."  Not "I was," but "I am."  He is the great I AM.  He never had a beginning.  He has always existed. He didn't have His beginning at Bethlehem.

"For by Him [Jesus] were all things created, that are in Heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him; And He is before all things, and by Him all things  consist.  Colossians 1:16-17

The One who created the universe not only has this whole world in His hands, but He has the past, the present, and the future in His hands.

DECEMBER 26

Christianity, More Than a Creed or Code

"...and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

Are Christians fools for believing in Jesus? Are we serving a false God?

If you go to the tomb of Confucius, you'll find it's occupied. If you go to the tomb of Buddha, you'll find it's occupied. If you go to the tomb of Jesus, you'll find it empty. He is a risen Savior.  Now that's very important, because you can take Confucius out of Confucianism and still have Confucianism, and you can take Buddha out of Buddhism and still have Buddhism. But you cannot take Jesus Christ out of Christianity and still have Christianity because Christianity is not a code. It's not a creed. It's not a cause. It is Christ Himself.

You have a hope that the world needs to hear. Who can you share that hope with today?

DECEMBER 27

God's Provision in the Midst of Suffering

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20

Over and over again, people will ask me this question, "If there is a God, why is there so much suffering?" There's never an easy answer to that question when someone is grieving or suffering, but God has taught me that the universe has a disease. And God cannot remove the pain until the last vestige of sin is gone. The worst thing that could happen to human beings would be for us to live in a world cursed by sin, and yet the world seem to be a paradise. We would never come to God.

God has showered this world with immeasurable mercies. Focus today not on the suffering, but on the provision of God's grace.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 28

Being Spirit-Filled

"...Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?" Acts 9:6

So many Christians want to be Spirit-filled, but have they ever asked why God should fill them with His Spirit?

I want you to imagine a man pushing a car into a service station. It has no battery in it. The car has four flat tires, a hole in the gas tank, and half the wires are disconnected. The attendant comes out, looks at this rattle trap, and says, "May I help you?"

And the man says, "Yeah, fill 'er up."

What do you think that attendant would say?

"What for?" would be appropriate.

I think God sometimes says, "What for?" to us. Instead, we need to just sign the contract at the bottom and say, "Lord, You fill it in."

Bow before the Lord, open your hands and say, "Lord, It's all You. I am nothing but a vessel for You to use. Use me as You will."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 29

Authority in a Generation Gone Astray

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God." Romans 13:1

Our generation doesn't like the word authority. We don't like to be under anybody. We stick out our chests and talk about being free-born Americans, and if you're a baby boomer you are of a generation of anti-authority figures. In your lifetime you've gone through the hula hoop, the Barbie doll, pop psychology, Dr. Spock, Phil Donahue, and the Beatles. It was all anti-authority! Fathers were Archie Bunker. Preachers were Flip Wilson. The anthem was, "Do your thing. If it feels good, do it." Many of us do not realize the vestiges of rebellion that still lurk down in our hearts.

Who is on the throne of your life today?

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk