Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 6

Jesus in All Sixty-Six

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

The thing I love about the Old Testament is the thing I love about the New Testament. The Old Testament and the New Testament both are the inspired Word of God. Don't get the idea that the Old Testament has a message different from the New Testament. All of the Bible is about Jesus. If you read the Bible and you don't find Jesus, you better go re-read it.

Somebody may ask if you have read the four gospels, and you can answer them, "I've read all sixty-six!"

From Genesis to Revelation,

It has the same villain - Satan.

It has the same hero - Jesus.

It has the same purpose - to present salvation in no other name but Jesus. 

Read Isaiah 53. What are the prophecies that were fulfilled in the life of Christ?

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 7

Biblical Hope, a Firm Certainty

"For Thou art my hope, O Lord God: Thou art my trust from my youth." Psalm 71:5

What does the word "hope" mean in the Bible?  It doesn't mean "maybe." We may use it that way in modern English, but that's not what the word "hope" means when used in Scripture.

"Hope" means certainty, but not just any certainty. When the Bible says "hope," it means a rock-ribbed assurance with anticipation, based on the Word of God.

When I was a little boy, my dad would take us out for a ride on Sunday afternoon. We kids would be in the back seat, getting into squabbles. If things got too heated, my dad would turn around and say, "When you boys get home, I'm going to whip you." With my dad, I knew this was a rock-ribbed truth! We could anticipate it, but not with gladness!

Our hope, however, our rock-ribbed assurance, comes with glad anticipation!

Share the hope of eternal life in Jesus Christ with someone today. Maybe there's someone at the hospital who needs a word of hope. Maybe it's a member of your family!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 9

Happiness, the By-Product of Righteousness

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

Happiness is something you stumble over on your way to serving Jesus.

When you are serving the Lord Jesus Christ, happiness is the by-product of righteousness. People who are trying to be happy are focusing their energy at the wrong target. If you will seek after righteousness, then you will be happy.

What you need is to drink of the Spirit.
What you need to feed on the Word of God.
The deepest need of your heart will be met only in Jesus.

Ask the Lord to fill you with His presence, to fulfill the deepest need of your heart in Him and Him alone. Now trust Him to do it.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 10

Letting Your Shepherd Set Your Pace

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters." Psalm 23:2

Sometimes I hear folks tell young people, "Make all the money you can, just so you make it honestly." That's not good advice.

If you make all the money you can, you are going to be making money when you should be doing something else. You are going to be making money when you ought to be alone with God.

I'm not against making money. I'm simply saying that we need to stop and prioritize our lives. Do you know what I think God does with some of us? He makes us to lie down. We won't do it unless He makes us.

Why not stop right now and pray, "Lord Jesus, You don't have to make me lie down. I'd rather slow down. I want to be still and know that You are GOD! Show me how."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 11

Blessed Is the Man Who Trusts in the Lord

"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8
The Lord Jesus Christ gives us beatitudes - attitudes that ought to be. They are not platitudes. They are attitudes that deal with Christian character.

Your reputation is what others think about you, but character is what God knows about you.

The beatitudes do not say, "Blessed are what you have," or "Blessed are what you do," but "Blessed are what you are." Most of the people in the world are doing what? They are seeking happiness. If you seek happiness you'll never find it. But if you get right with God, blessedness will find you.

Have you been finding your self-worth in what you have or what you do? Confess it before the Lord and meditate on the attitudes you ought to have in Matthew 5:3-11.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 12

Poor in Spirit - What Does It Mean?

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3
What does it mean to be "poor in spirit"? Jesus is talking about being a beggar. He is saying, "Blessed are the beggars." He's not talking about finances here. He's talking about a person being poor spiritually.

Before a person can enter into the kingdom of heaven, he must first admit that no matter how much he may have in the material realm or psychological realm, he is absolutely and totally spiritually bankrupt and a beggar before God.  If he doesn't see that, he will never, ever get into the kingdom of heaven.

I've often said that I am just one beggar showing another beggar where to find food. Do you see yourself as a beggar in need of the Bread of Heaven?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 13

What Is Meekness?

"Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth Matthew 5:5."

What does it mean to be meek? First, let me tell you what it is not before I tell you what it is.

Meekness is not weakness. The word "meek" means yielded. It literally has the idea of strength under control. When an animal, especially a horse, is domesticated, it is trained so a rider can sit on its back or so it can pull a plow. The proper term for this process is that the animal has been "meeked." It has been broken. Now it yields to the rider or the yoke. Now the animal exhibits strength under control. That's what meekness is.

Read Matthew 11:29 and 21:5. What does Jesus say about Himself, and how can you emulate Him?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 14

Mourning with Purpose

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4

We've done all we can do to keep ourselves from feeling any pain. We have psychologists who numb our neuroses, counselors who absolve us of guilt, doctors to sedate our pain, insurance agents to take away our worries, and even at death we have the mortuary to try to beautify death for us.

But Jesus was a man of sorrows. He saw the sin around Him, and it broke His heart. In Matthew 23:34-39 we read how Jesus' heart ached for Jerusalem and the destruction sin had wrought in the hearts of men.

Do the things that break the heart of Jesus, break yours?

Do you have a dry eye in a hell-bent world?

It's time to be like Jesus.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 15

Seeing Him Who is Invisible

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Matthew 5:8

Let me tell you how to experience God: Get your heart pure, and you will see God with the eyes of faith.

You see, Jesus is not talking about your physical body. You get your spiritual heart right and your spiritual eyes will see. Hebrews 11:27 says that Moses "endured as seeing Him who is invisible." You get your heart right and you'll see the invisible God...

...in circumstances

...in nature

...in the face of your spouse, your child, your grandchild.

You'll see Him in the Scriptures. God will become a bright, living reality to you.

Put on the eyes of faith today and find God creating and sustaining life. Maybe there is a tree ablaze with the red and gold of fall. Do you see the hand of God?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

OCTOBER 16

Surprising Qualities of a Peacemaker

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 

I remember reading about a preacher boy who was in a class in a liberal college and the professor said, "Christians ought never to have any enemies. We ought never to be controversial." And then he said, "What we need to do is to follow the example of Jesus."

The boy lifted his hand and said, "If Jesus Christ was so beautifully tactful and diplomatic, how did He manage to get Himself crucified?"

Peace is not appeasement. It is a right relationship with God that leads to a right relationship with self and guides us into right relationships with others. Literally, peace is a fruit of righteousness. It is the righteousness of God ruling and reigning in your heart.

Read Hebrews 12:14. Are there conflicts which you can resolve by becoming a peacemaker? If so, confidently place your hand in His and bring peace 

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk