Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

October 31

Giving the Devil Plenty to Mourn About

"Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised Him from the dead." - Colossians 2:12

People often ask me, "Why do Baptists immerse people—put them fully under the water—when a new convert to Christ is baptized?" Because that's what God's Word teaches. When you go under the water, that is a picture of your death and burial. When you come up out of the water, that is a picture of your resurrection. "Buried with Him." "Risen with Him."

If I died and you took me to the cemetery and sprinkled a few granules of dirt on my head, have you truly buried me? No. The very word "baptism" means to immerse.

Your baptism is a funeral service: Dead to the old life. Raised to newness of life. And the devil doesn't like that. The baptismal is a liquid tomb, and the mourner who comes to that funeral is the devil. Let's be sure he has plenty to mourn about.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 1

Is It Too Late for National Revival?

"If My people who are called by My name shall humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

I am believing God for a national revival. You know, sometimes we think that it's just too late and we need to hunker down. That's what the devil wants us to do.

It's always too soon to quit. God has sent revival in the darkest days before, and there's not one shred of Scripture that says we cannot have revival in dark days.

It is not too late for America. And I don't want you to say, "My country, right or wrong." No, I want you to get right. One by one, let's get right with God and then we can say it, sing it, pray it and mean it, "God bless America." But there's something more important than America, and it's the kingdom of God. I'm not interested in making America a better place to go to hell from. People need to be saved.

The best thing you could do would be to lead another person to Jesus Christ. Then you will not just have a better citizen—you'll have a new creation and a citizen of God's kingdom! If someone asked you today how to be saved, are you prepared to lead them to Jesus Christ?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 3

The Troubling Problem of Dropout Citizens

"Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight;" - Leviticus 26:8

When it comes to the political scene and government, there are some people who have dropped out all together. They have the idea that if you get involved in government, somehow that's the "social gospel." They see the political scene as being dirty and worldly. And some have been intimidated by the great debate between church and state. And so people have just hunkered down, trying to hold on till Jesus comes.

We can't drop out. Edward Everett Hale, author of the story "The Man Without a Country" once wrote:

"I am only one,
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

I am only one in a small voice.  But a lot of small voices together can do something. Believe that and act upon it. Jesus said, "Occupy till I come."

Is there someone who has wronged you and you seek revenge? Do you have a need to have your rights exalted above others? Read and apply the truth of Philippians 2:3-11.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 4

The Bad Citizenship of Good People

"Therefore to him that knows to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin." - James 4:17

In our spiritual life, our home life, and our church life, we have duties to perform and commitments to keep. The same is true in our national life. Some people say, "I don't see the perfect candidate, so I'm not voting." If we don't speak – who's left to speak? Jesus said we're to "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's." Our Caesar is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Our government requires our vote.

If a person chooses not to participate when and where the battle is enjoined, then in my estimation, that's disobedience to the Lord. One vote can make a difference.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 5

Excuses or Obedience?

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." - Romans 6:22

In First Samuel 15, we read the story of how Saul failed to destroy the animals that God said were to be utterly put to death. Samuel confronted Saul about this and Saul told a lie: that he was going to sacrifice them, but he just hadn't done it yet.

And Samuel said, "Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry" (1 Samuel 15:22-23). To rebel against the Lord "is as the sin of witchcraft" because it puts you in the realm of the devil.

When God gives a clear command from His Word, we are not to parade it past the judgment bar of our human wisdom. We are to obey whether we understand it or agree with it. It is either God's Word or it is not.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

NOVEMBER 6

Renouncing the Rebel Inside

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God." - 2 Corinthians 5:20

Is there stirring in your heart a spirit of rebellion today? Maybe you don't even recognize it. But if you do, let me plead with you to do something about it right now.

Ask God to cleanse you from your desire to rebel.
Ask Him to root out the rebel in you. He is not going to remove it until you renounce it. It is your choice.
Ask Him to forgive you for the foolish and careless words you have spoken.
Ask Him to take out that spirit of rebellion against authorities.
Ask Him to teach you how to lovingly respect people when they are in the wrong.

Either you crown Jesus as Lord, or you crucify Him. Are you with Jesus today or are you against Him?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 7

No More Running from Bugaboos!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

God has endowed us with His power and enriched us with His love. Not only that, He has enlightened us with a sound mind. Now, this phrase "sound mind" does not mean the opposite of insanity. It actually means discipline and self-control. Along with that, it is the ability to discern between truth and falsehood.

So often, the devil gets us running from bugaboos. Proverbs 28:1 says, "The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion." Have you ever heard of phobias? This is what this verse is talking about.

We must pull back the mask of darkness from the devil's ploys and expose them for what they are and see the things that count in eternity. God has given you a sound mind by trusting in His Word, not in the devil's schemes.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 8

Shake Off Fear—Embrace Blessing!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." - Ephesians 1:3

Did you know that fear can cause you to forget things? Now, I'm not talking about forgetting a phone number or someone's name, though it may cause you to forget things like that. Instead, I'm referring to fear that causes you to forget the blessings, the anointing, the power of God—all these possessions you have because you are saved!

It happened to Timothy, who was mightily gifted and graced by God for the ministry that God had given him.  Yet he forgot this in the midst of fear, and Paul had to remind him (see 2 Timothy 1:6). He had taken his eyes off of God and focused on fear so much that he couldn't see anything else.

Let me tell you something, friend: You are tremendously blessed! If you get your mind distracted by fear, then you will fail to see your blessings in Christ. Fear will blow out every light in your soul, take the blue out of your sky, and the joy out of your life.

Friend, wake up and count your blessings. Rejoice, for you are in Christ!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 10

Showing Genuine Love for Others

"Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy right hand hath holden me up, and Thy gentleness hath made me great." - Psalm 18:35

Can a person donate to the poor and not have love? Can a person work in a soup kitchen for the homeless and not have love? Yes.

You say, "A person wouldn't do that!" Oh yes, they would...if they had a guilty conscience. Sometimes it is neater to write a check or donate some used things than to give of our time.

Do you know what the world needs? Not more money, though I'm sure they'd be glad to take it. First Corinthians 13:3 says, "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving of yourself to others.

Ask God to show you the ways you can show His genuine love to others.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 11

When Your Feet Are Slipping...

"Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart." - Psalm 73:1

Asaph, the author of Psalm 73, started his psalm by talking about the purity of a person's heart and the goodness of God. Then he says, "But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped" (Psalm 73:2).

He had the idea that when he got right with God, that he wouldn't have any more troubles. Are you sure about that? Yes! Psalm 73:13-14 says, "Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency. For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning."

He said, "I got right with God and I still have problems!" He had a false expectation that the Bible doesn't necessarily give. Christians are not due preferential treatment.

Seek the Lord through His Word and in prayer. You will find the presence of God is enough, even in the midst of our trials.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk