Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

JUNE 16

True Peace and Satisfaction

"With long life will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation." Psalm 91:16

I was witnessing to a man one day in front of his house. He said, "I've got a good income. You see that house? It's paid for. You see that car? It's paid for. My wife is in that house. She loves me." He seemed completely satisfied.

I said, "Sir, I want to ask you a question. Will you be absolutely honest with me? Do you have peace in your heart?"

His chin started to quiver. His eyes brimmed with tears. He said, "No, I don't have peace in my heart.  How did you know?"

I said, "Because the Bible says, 'There is no peace, sayeth my God, to the wicked.' These things cannot fill the longing of your heart. You need Jesus."

Pray for an opportunity to share today the peace you have in Jesus with someone who is lost and searching.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JUNE 17

God Has Not Forgotten You

"And He shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday." Psalm 37:6

One preacher was in a church where he felt God had led him. But nothing seemed to be working out, so he wanted to go to another church.

He told a friend, "I know where God put me, and I know God put me here, but I just wonder if He remembers where He put me."

Yes, God remembers! He has not forgotten. He is never late. Don't rush God. Don't think He has abandoned you because your prayers are not answered. He will turn your midnight into a sunrise and your mourning into dancing.

Read Psalm 37:4-7 and rejoice in the hope of God's providence and provision in your life. 

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JUNE 18

The Mind vs. the Brain

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."  Philippians 4:8

Did you know that there is a difference between your mind and your brain? The brain is what the mind thinks with. The relationship of the mind and the brain is very similar to the relationship of a pianist and a piano. The piano is the brain and the pianist is the mind.

The most dangerous thing in the world is a man with a bad mind and a good brain. He is a clever devil.

When you get saved, you don't get a new brain. You get a new mind. And the god of this world will do all he can to distort your mind. Why? Because Proverbs 23:7 says, "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." 

Dwell today on the true, the honest, the just, the pure, the lovely—think on virtue and praise.  Pray for missionaries serving the Lord in other countries - that they will dwell on the truths of the Lord and that their walks will be strong and undeterred from the Lord's mission.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JUNE 19

With Prayer and Thanksgiving

"Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6

Sometimes we complain when we shouldn't. I remember an occasion when I was driving across the country with a gentleman. At the time, all of our children were in private schools, and Joyce and I were "dying of mal-tuition." I began complaining a little bit to the man about the great cost of sending a son to college. He looked at me and said, "I'd give anything in the world if my son would go to college." I thought, "Oh, what an ungrateful spirit I have!"

Do you ever complain about dirty dishes? There are lots of folks in Third World countries that would like to have some dirty dishes. We are to be thankful in all things.

Rejoice in God's blessings in your life. Nip that temptation in the bud to complain and grumble about your life today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JUNE 20

A Challenge for Fathers

"Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders." Proverbs 31:23

Once a year, we celebrate fathers. Maybe you are one. Let me give you a challenge. One father said, "If I had it to do all over again. I'd love my wife more in front of my children. I'd laugh with my children more. I'd listen more, even to the youngest child. I'd be more honest about my own weaknesses and stop pretending perfection. I would pray differently for my children. I would be more encouraging and bestow more praise. And finally, if I had it to do all over again, I would use every ordinary thing that happened in every ordinary day to point them to God."

Praise God for the impact of godly fathers in our lives!

If there's going to be music in marriage, the dad has to be the leader of the band.

Celebrate the dad in your life today!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JUNE 21

God's Provision, a Living Testimony

"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

What is it about your life that you cannot explain apart from God? Do you know that's the only part of you that is believable?

Let me illustrate. If your neighbor can explain you, then you are just like him - only you're religious. Friend, your life as a religious person is not going to convince him of the power of God. But when he sees God supernaturally meeting your needs, then you're going to be believable.

How is your life radiating the light of our Lord in your neighborhood? Invite your neighbors over for a night of fellowship, and share with them the Good News of the divine birth of Jesus.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JUNE 22

Never Alone When We Pray

"Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." Romans 8:26

There's an old song with the refrain, "Just keep on praying 'til light breaks through." When you don't feel like praying, that's when you need to. You need to pray until you do feel like praying. You see, you're not praying by yourself. The Spirit is praying through you and for you, helping to present your petitions to the Father — petitions that perhaps you yourself are not even capable of expressing.

Do not approach God with your hands full of the brass of your emotions. Rather, approach Him with hands and heart full of the sweet incense of His worth. Just keep praying.

Stop and consider: How's your prayer life? Do you say grace before meals and squeeze in a quick prayer before you drop off to sleep each night? Take some time today to talk to the Lord.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JUNE 23

The Cleansing, Healing Work of the Holy Spirit

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou art my praise." Jeremiah 17:14

There are two kinds of wounds to the human psyche. One is sorrow; the other is guilt.

Sorrow is a clean wound. Somehow your heart will heal as the Holy Spirit applies His healing balm. He will pour in "the oil of gladness." Time and the grace of God will heal.

But guilt is dirty and will never heal until it is confessed and cleansed by the antiseptic of Calvary. A slave only fears his master's whip, but a son fears his father's displeasure.

Are you suffering under a load of guilt? Allow the Holy Spirit to expose your sin. Then confess it and experience the joy of forgiveness in Christ.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JUNE 24

Uprooting Toxic Bitterness

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."  Hebrews 12:14

Bitterness is an emotional cancer that consumes many a person who once had the bloom of eternal springtime in his heart. Where does it come from? Usually from being hurt. Perhaps you were abused as a child, rejected by someone, fired from a job, or even bypassed at church.

Bitterness sets in when the hurt goes unresolved. There is a solution. If you've been wronged and bitterness has become so strong that you can almost taste its bile within your mouth, then it's time to pursue it with a holy vengeance. With the Spirit's spade, root it out. Draw a circle that takes in those who have wronged you. Forgive them for Christ's sake!

Bow before the Lord this morning and ask for grace and power to uproot the bitterness that has taken hold in your heart and is robbing you of the joy you desire.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

JUNE 25

Crown Him King of Kings

"Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion." Psalm 2:6

The kingdoms of this world are being moved around like checkers, but soon God is going to move His Son into King's Row and say, "Crown Him King of kings!"

How many times have you prayed, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." Do you think God's will is being done on earth as it is in heaven? Look around at the crime, rape, murder, child abuse, and blasphemy. Do you think that's God's will? Of course not. Do you think Jesus Christ would have taught us to pray a prayer that will not be answered? God is going to move Jesus into King's Row and say, "Crown Him King!"

Read Psalm 2. What does the Psalmist tell the kings of this world to do? Pray now that God will work in the hearts of the world's leaders.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk