Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

December 15

The Lord Ever-Present

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world." - 1 John 4:4

The One who created the valley is there with you! He has prepared the way through the valley. It is not a place of permanence, but a place of passage. He knows every twist and turn, every changing shadow, every den where danger lurks—that One is with you!

Focus on the light and not the darkness. God has made you to walk through shadows. When the shadow approaches, you must walk through. The One greater than death is in you! He is your Jehovah Shamah—the Lord ever-present. His grace is greater. His peace is purer. His devotion is dearer. Where Satan casts a shadow, our Sovereign Lord reigns supreme.

This is a day of hope. Meditate on 1 John 4:4 throughout the day and ask God to give you a divine appointment to share this beloved truth with someone today.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 16

"For Thou Art With Me"

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:4

There's nothing, my friend, that will bring you more face-to-face with God than going through the dark valleys of life. When you are there, you are going to cling to His garments and hold onto His hand. You won't stray far from the fold in the dark.

Do you believe that He is with you? The ultimate Sovereign is your loving Savior. You will not have to cross Jordan alone. You will not appear before the judgment of the Holy God alone. You are not going to die alone.

What a joyful promise! You are not alone! Write these words on a card and post it in a place where you can see it all the time:

"I am not alone. God is with me."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 17

Recognize the Devil's Lies and Claim the Promises of God

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work." - 2 Corinthians 9:8

The devil wants you to live your life from an empty cup. He wants you to think that God's cup of grace has dried up for you. He wants you to be disenchanted with God. Most especially, he wants you to feel that God is a cosmic killjoy...that God is always thinking of ways to rob you of joy and peace. Satan knows that if you start to feel negatively about God, then he can have his way with you in other areas.

Take courage. Be strong. Jesus has won the victory for you! Send those lies back to the pit where they came from and claim the promises of God.

Wish someone the peace and joy of the Lord today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

December 19

Jehovah Jireh, Our Provider

"And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and He healed their sick." - Matthew 14:14

It is the unbelievable, supernatural replenishment that awakens the world to see the mighty power of God. Jesus demonstrated, once with a crowd of 5,000 and again with a crowd of 4,000, that He is the God who provides (see Matthew 14:14-21, 15:32-38).

When the most "responsible" thing to do, in human terms, was to ask the multitudes to find their own food, Jesus turned to the supernatural power of God. Moved with compassion, He confidently told the disciples to begin feeding the multitudes.

Jesus never wavered in His complete and utter trust in Jehovah Jireh.

Read the accounts of these miracles in Matthew with your family today, then ask God to fill your family with an utter and complete trust in Jehovah Jireh.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

December 20

God's Provision, A Living Testimony

"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19

What is it about your life that you cannot explain apart from God? Do you know that's the only part of you that is believable? Let me illustrate. If your neighbor can explain you, then you are just like him—only you're religious.

Friend, your life as a religious person is not going to convince him of the power of God. But when he sees God supernaturally meeting your needs, then, you're going to be believable.

How is your life radiating the light of our Lord in your neighborhood? Invite your neighbors over for a night of fellowship and share with them the Good News of the divine birth of Jesus.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 21

Loneliness During the Holidays

"For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling." - Psalm 116:8

I believe that the holidays are the loneliest time of the year. Everywhere you look, people are told they're supposed to be happy and they realize they're not. They see everybody else acting happy, and they feel so lonely. Just walking down the mall can make you feel lonely.

But Jesus has said, "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee" (Hebrews 13:5). When I'm discouraged, His presence sees me through. When I'm lonely His presence cheers me up.  When I'm worried, His presence calms me down. And when I am tempted, His presence will help me out.

Write down the last portion of this devotional thought and personalize it. Now use it as a prayer of faith and trust.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 22

But He Made Himself of No Reputation

"But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men." - Philippians 2:7

Jesus came in a manger for you and for me. He willingly left the glories and riches of heaven to be born in a stable.

Jesus became poor so that we might become rich. He lived a life of such abject poverty that when He had to pay taxes, He had to look for a coin in a fish's mouth. When He sent out His disciples, He told them to take nothing but a staff and the power of the Holy Spirit (Mark 6:7-9). He was put to death like a common criminal so that we could wear a royal robe!

Child of God, you are rich! I am rich! Praise God!

Read Philippians 2:6-11 with your family or friends today as a Christmas devotional. Spend time praising God for His Son, Jesus.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 23

Held in His Hand

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not." - 1 John 3:1

You are rich! Jesus became the Son of Man that we might become sons of God. We are saved because of the grace of Christmas. That is not rhetoric—that is reality!

A little boy was talking about eternal security and said, "I am held in His hand."

A cynic responded, "What if you slip through His hands?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," the boy replied, "I'm one of His fingers."

You are rich, my friend.

Amidst all the materialism that sometimes chokes out the true meaning of Christmas, take some time to share this Good News with someone today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 24

Boldly Proclaiming Good Tidings of Great Joy

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people." - Luke 2:10

The angel said that we have received "good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people." God wants this message known around the world.

Now I know that you may not be a preacher, but you can be a "reach-er"! What would happen if every believer went out into their neighborhood and said, "Jesus is Lord!" How will the world know if we don't tell them? Oh, we need to be bold for Jesus.

The skies are going to split open, and the trumpet is going to sound. The dead in Christ will rise, and the angels will once again be heard! "He's returned!" The Savior born in a manger will return as a Monarch to rule and to reign!

Are you joyfully sharing the Good News of Christ this Christmas? Will you be bold and share His Good News with someone today?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

DECEMBER 25

The Greatest Gift of Love

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

Christmas is spelled L-O-V-E.  What is the Christmas message? John 3:16. God gave us the gift of love on Christmas Day.

It is truly said, "What the world needs now is love." I need it. You need it. Your spouse needs it. Your child needs it. An elderly man or woman sitting alone in a nursing home today needs it. A child abandoned and alone in a children's home needs it, too.

God sent His one and only Son as the Savior. He knew we couldn't save ourselves. So He sent His Son to be born in a manger, to die on a cross, to rise again into glory, and to come again to redeem His church.

Where are you spending your Christmas day? Maybe you can spare a few minutes with your family and friends to share His gift of love with someone who is all alone today.

:angel: :angel:
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk