Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

November 4

Faithful in Your Words

"But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation." - James 5:12

In talking with teenagers, I've discovered many who harbor bitterness and resentment. And much of that resentment is directed toward their fathers over a serious matter of broken promises.

If you're a dad who wants to restore your relationship with your teenager, one of the best things you can do is to remember those broken promises. Then go to him with a remorseful spirit and say, "I've asked God to forgive me and I want you to forgive me." And then ask him this question, "Have I ever made a promise to you that I've failed to keep? If so, I want you to tell me, because I want to repent. I want you to believe that your dad is a faithful man."

Are you a man of your word? A woman of her word? Turn over a new leaf today that you will stand behind your word.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 5

Faithful in Little Things

"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." - Luke 16:10

There was a man who was going to be made a chief executive. The Board of Directors talked about it, and it was a "done deal." In the company cafeteria one day, the existing CEO was behind this man in line. Unbeknownst to the man, the CEO saw him take a pat of butter that cost about 3 cents, then put a slice of bread over the butter so that no one would see it. The CEO went back to the Board and told them they had the wrong man. He told them that he didn't have integrity. And for 3 cents the man lost a monumental promotion!

Are you faithful in the little things? Let this be the beginning of a new day of faithfulness in your life. Remember the little things. God is watching to find you faithful.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 6

Faithful to the Fellowship

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." - Hebrews 10:25

Do you know what is happening in America today? People who claim to be Christians are not getting involved and becoming faithful to a church — the local fellowship of believers. Such a thing was unheard of in the Bible. If you were a Christian, you were faithful to the fellowship. You attended when everyone gathered together. If you stopped attending, they assumed that you were an apostate. What is more important than the local visible expression of the body of Christ? It is the way we stay "plugged in" to the needs of the body of Christ. It is the way we show honor to Him in worship. It is simply the way.

What do you have on your schedule this week that is more important than being a part of the blood-bought body of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 7

Held by His Omnipotent Hand

"Even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me." - Psalm 139:10

I've heard people say, "Pray for us that we'll hold out faithful to the end." I think I know what they mean, but I always smile. I picture Noah's ark, and I can see Noah and his wife and family. Rather than being on the inside, they're holding on to some slimy pegs on the outside of the ark. And Noah says to Mrs. Noah, "Honey, pray for me that I'll hold out faithful to the end." But God said to Noah, "Come into the ark," and the same God that shut the water out, shut Noah in. Now Noah may have fallen down inside that ark, but he never fell out of it. It's not that we hold on to Him, but that He holds on to us.

Spend some time today simply praising God for His faithfulness, His steadfastness, and His unconditional love for you.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 8

Secret Faults

"Who can understand his errors? Cleanse thou me from secret faults." - Psalm 19:12

I read an account of Michelangelo's painting of the Sistine Chapel. In the story, he was painting in a corner behind everyone's view, and someone said to him, "Forget that area, nobody can see it anyway." But Michelangelo replied, "I know it's there."

What you are in secret is what you are—nothing more, nothing less. Through the years I've spoken with men and women who travel a lot, and in almost every motel there are R-rated and X-rated films available. "Nobody's in here but me," they say. Are you sure? Jesus is in that room. What you are in that room when you think no one is around is what you really are.

Do you struggle with the secret sins of the flesh? Read Isaiah 29:15, Ezekiel 8:12, and Ecclesiastes 12:14. Then pray Psalm 19:12.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 9

Abundant Life

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." - 1 Peter 1:3

Abundant life is God's plan for you. In fact, it's God's plan for all of us as Christians. The Lord Jesus Christ promised us, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10). Now, what is abundant life? It is life where all of your needs are met.  But more than that, abundant life is where you have enough to bless others. Not only do you receive a blessing, but you are a blessing. The abundant life that Jesus promised is not just life out yonder "in the sweet by and by." It is abundant life right now in the nasty now and now. Every day in every way we are to be having victory in and through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Who in your life is not experiencing the abundant life? Your mother? Your husband? Your best friend? Take time out today to encourage them with this promise in 1 Peter.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 10

Being a Disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ

"God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship  of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord." - 1 Corinthians 1:9

John Calvin was one of the greatest theologians who ever lived. He said, "I gave up all for Christ and what have I found? I have found everything in Christ." Do you wish you could say that too? You can. Just don't get confused about what it means to "give up all" to find Christ. So many think that being a disciple means they must get into a movement or go to the mission field or attend seminary. Friend, being a disciple is fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ — knowing Jesus intimately and following Him wherever He leads. Fellowship with Christ comes before service for Christ. We must minister to Jesus before we can minister to anyone else.

Are you praying about where you fit in the body of Christ as His disciple? Spend some time fellowshipping with Him this week and the answer will come.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 11

Understanding the Spirit of Adoption

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." - Romans 8:15

It is tragic, but many will never accept their sainthood. A while back, it was in vogue for believers to make comments like "I'm saved, but I'm not a Christian." Then the person would explain, "Well, I'm not worthy to call myself a Christian because I'm not living like one." Let me nail this down for you. Have you believed upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and repented of your sins? Have you called upon Him to save you from the judgment of hell? If so, then you are the next of kin to the Trinity. You are a child of the King! Since you are part of God's family, Jesus is not only your Lord and Savior, but He is your Friend and Brother.

Have you felt like you couldn't call yourself a Christian because of your sin? Then get on your knees and repent of the sin of unbelief that keeps you from knowing you are a child of the King!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 12

What Is True Humility?

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up." - James 4:10

Have you ever wondered what humility is all about? True humility is not thinking negatively about yourself. It is agreeing with what God says about you. The grace of God will exalt a person without inflating him and humble a person without debasing him. I am what I am because of Christ. In this life, you are not going to be sinless, but as you deal with sin in your life, you can come closer to being free from sin. Sinless? No. Blameless? Yes. As you confess and stay prayed up, you can be blameless.

Do you have a concordance in your Bible? Do a study on the subject of "humility." Start with Philippians 2:5-11.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 13

Breaking Free From the Comparison Trap

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus." - Ephesians 2:6

Have you ever noticed that we buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't even like? We try to keep up with the Jones family, but when we finally catch up with them, they refinance! Let me exhort you to get off that comparison treadmill and onto the pathway of serenity. You are accepted right now in Christ. God does not change you so He can love you. He loves you so He can change you! God loves you as much as He loves Jesus. If you are saved, you are in Christ. And where is He? He is seated in the heavenlies. You are also seated in those heavenly places, even though you still have your address on planet Earth. You are enthroned with Him.

When was the last time you compared yourself with someone else? It's time to get yourself unharnessed from the comparison yoke and break free as a child of the King!

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk