Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

October 10

A "Know-So" or a "Hope-So" Salvation?

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

If you think you're going to get to heaven by your good works, I guarantee you will always wonder if you've done enough. You will not have a "know-so" salvation. You will have a "hope-so" salvation. Rather than standing up straight in confidence like an exclamation point, you will be bent over and wondering like a question mark. That is, until you understand that it's all by grace.

Suppose everybody who wanted to be saved had to run around the block. Some can't run. What if you had to read a chapter in the Bible to be saved? Some can't read. But there is one thing that can make the promise sure, and that is grace.

Who can you share this Good News with today? Think of at least one person, and ask God to give you a bold love and a divine opportunity to do just that. We also invite you to read "You Can Be Sure" for more insights on the eternal security of the believer. Just visit us here.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 11

Thankful in Trials

"Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon His name, make known His deeds among the people." - 1 Chronicles 16:8

If you are a child of God, you ought to be able to thank God every moment of every day no matter what happens to you.

Have you ever stopped to thank God for the water that you drink? Did you know that in some countries in the world, the majority of the population doesn't have reasonably pure drinking water? Millions of people die annually just from water-related diseases.

If you wear a hearing aid, do you ever thank God for that? Some people wish they had a hearing aide.

If you are a student in the midst of final exams, do you thank God that you have an exam to take? There are many who wish they could afford college.

Do you thank God for your next breath?

Take whatever it is that looks like a trial in your life today and thank God for it! Thank Him every time the thought enters your mind to grumble or complain.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 12

One Plus One Equals One

"Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." - Matthew 19:6

Do you know what's wrong with many marriages? Husbands treat their wives like a new car. When it's new, he shows it off; and then when it gets old and the paint fades a little bit, he trades her in for a new model.

Are you a married man? Then you are to satisfy her needs and share your life with her. That means all that you are and all that you have is for her! God's arithmetic is one plus one equals one! There's no part of our lives that we do not share.

Are you the strong, independent type? Then you're not like Jesus, who shared unconditionally and sacrificially with you.

This week, make it a priority to give something sacrificially to your wife. It may be your time. It may be a possession. It may be a word of encouragement that she needs.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 13

Don't Be a Flabby Christian

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." - 2 Timothy 2:15

I'm amazed at the little bit it takes to stop some Christians from accomplishing the tasks the Father has given them to do. This thing of being a Christian is not a Sunday afternoon stroll! Shining God's light in a dark world is a full‑time job.

We must pray over it, weep over it, and study over it to show ourselves approved. Most of us in America get up on Sunday mornings and sit in an air conditioned church with beautiful stained glass windows and sit in streamlined comfort. The truth is we're flabby, undisciplined, and exhibit no determination.

Friend, God does business with those who mean business.

Do you mean business in this Christian life? Then, begin something today for the building up of God's Kingdom to the glory of God.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 14

Honoring Our Parents Always

"Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee." - Exodus 20:12

Whether you are young or old, you can honor your parents. How? By showing respect. Leviticus 19:3 says, "Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my Sabbaths: I am the LORD your God." Now that word "fear" doesn't mean to quake in the presence of your parents. That is, you are to have a holy respect for your father and your mother.

You may say, "But my parents are not worthy of respect." With all due respect, you aren't either. None of us are worthy. Only perfect children can demand perfect parents, and no children are perfect. Our parents are imperfect. We are imperfect. But God is holy, and He says that we are to respect our parents.

What's your relationship like with your parents? If you've been showing less than the type of biblical respect God requires, then begin today to turn that around for His glory!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 15

The Sun of Righteousness

"But unto you that fear My name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in His wings. . ." - Malachi 4:2

Since Jesus is the S-O-N of God, He is also the S-U-N of righteousness. Let me tell you something about the sunrise. The sunrise never comes ahead of time, and it is never late. Isn't that right? The sunrise operates according to the power of God and the authority of God. You can't hurry it up, and you can't stop it!

It is the same with the Second Coming of Jesus. He is coming at a time known only to God. You can't hurry it up and you can't stop it.

One day the Lord Jesus Christ shall come with trumpet sound. He will pull back the shade of the night and pin it with a star. Then He'll open the door of the glorious morning of His millennial reign and flood the world with light.

Tomorrow morning, get up with the sunrise and praise God that His timing is perfect and that He is coming again!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 16

Making Your Own Idol

"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me." - Exodus 20:3

What is an idol? A man takes his own ideas and puts them into the work of his hands, and then he begins to worship it. What he is really worshiping is himself.

You may say, "Well, I'm not guilty of idolatry." Let's just see...is there anything that you love more than God? Anything you fear more than God? Anything you serve more than God? Anything you trust more than God? Am I getting hot?

You say, "Well, I give God a place in my life." God doesn't want a place in your life. Then, you say, "Well, I give God prominence in my life." God despises prominence in your life. God demands preeminence in your life. He will take nothing less.

Is there anyone or anything in your life that takes precedence over God? Confess it and repent of it. Now, put on the throne the rightful Master—the Lord Jesus!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 17

Obedience in Tithing

"His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." - Matthew 25:21

A man spoke to his pastor one day and said, "I don't know what's wrong, but God is not real to me anymore." The wise pastor asked, "Is there any sin in your life?" In a moment of honesty the man responded, "Years ago I was tithing regularly to God, but one day I thought, 'God doesn't need the money as much as I do,' so I stopped."

The pastor said, "Will God say, 'My child has disobeyed Me. He cannot trust Me with his resources, so I think I'll bless him with even more financial resources.' Will God do this?"

Absolutely not. If you're not faithful with little, He won't bless you with any more.

Are you faithfully tithing your income to the work of the Lord? If not, it's time to.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 18

Made White as Snow

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow . . ." - Isaiah 1:18

I heard of a man giving his testimony at a Salvation Army meeting. There was a heckler in the crowd shouting, "Would you shut up? You're just dreaming!"

The heckler felt a tug at his coattail and a little girl said, "That's my daddy up there. He used to be a drunkard and beat up my mommy. We didn't have enough food to eat. But then he got saved, and my daddy's life is changed. See that woman over there? See how happy she is? That's my mommy. Mister, if my daddy's dreaming, don't wake him up!"

What a Savior who can take a poor lost sinner and wash him, save him, and make him new. Hallelujah!

When was the last time you shared Christ with a homeless person? Avail yourself and allow God to use you to shine His light in that direction.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 19

The Miracle of the New Birth

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." - John 3:3

Nicodemus was so impressed with the miracles Jesus had done that he wanted to find out more. He asked Jesus about miracles, and Jesus began to talk to him about births. It's as if Jesus were saying, "Nicodemus, if you want to understand miracles, you're going to have to become a miracle."

Now Nicodemus was an intelligent man. He was a ruler of the Jews and a member of the Sanhedrin. Yet with all of his learning, he heard Jesus say to him, "Except you are born again, you cannot see the kingdom of God." People simply can't understand spiritual things until the Holy Spirit of God turns the light on in their souls.

Do you know someone who has a lot of education but no salvation? I challenge you to share this same Good News with him or her today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk