Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 30

The Comfort of the Holy Spirit

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." - John 14:26

Jesus called the Holy Spirit "the Comforter."

Whenever peace enters your heart in the midst of grief...
Whenever joy enters your heart in the midst of a trial...
Whenever you see evidence of His life in yours...     

.....you can be sure the Holy Spirit is flowing through your life.

Can He forget you? Never. The seal of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, is on your life if you are His child. Whenever you pass through a room or walk through a crowd, His oil of gladness sends a sweet aroma of Christ through the air!

Read 2 Corinthians 1:3-5. How can you show the comfort of Christ to someone who is hurting?

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 1

Facing Temptation

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:16

When you face temptation, remember it is not a sin to be tempted. Temptation to sin is not sin.

If temptation were a sin, then Jesus would be a sinner, because Hebrews 4:15 says, "For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

Jesus was tempted in all points like as we are, yet without sin. Jesus felt what you feel. He was just as much a man as though He were not God at all, and He was as much God as though He were not man at all. He was the God-Man, and praise God, Jesus never sinned though He knew those temptations.

Are you facing a temptation today that you feel no one has ever faced? Turn to Jesus and He will meet you there.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 2

The Testing of Your Faith

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you." - 1 Peter 4:12

Has something bad happened to you and you said, "Oh me. What did I do? I must have done something terrible. Otherwise, this wouldn't have happened!"

And before you knew it, you fell headlong into a pity party of morbid introspection—taking yourself apart piece by piece to see where you went wrong. If you're like most people, you have.

But have you ever thought that maybe you've done absolutely nothing wrong, but God is simply testing your faith? This is an important truth for you to understand, because if you don't, you may get discouraged. The seeds of doubt and discouragement sprout in the soil of ignorance.

Read Exodus 16 about the testing of the Lord in the lives of the Israelites while they were wandering in the desert. What applications can you give to your life?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 3

Humbly Grateful, Not Grumbly Hateful

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations." - James 1:2

Sometimes we have to admit that it's hard to "count it all joy." Sometimes we complain and rather than being humbly grateful, we become grumbly hateful.

Oh, how I wish that, beginning today, we would emulate the faith of the saints that have gone before us—saints like Fannie Crosby, the great hymn writer.

For most of her life Fannie Crosby was blind, and yet, at the tender age of eight, Fannie wrote:

"Oh! What a happy soul am I, although I cannot see,
I am resolved that, in this world, contented I will be.
How many blessings I enjoy, that other people don't.
To weep and sigh because I'm blind, I cannot and I won't."

And do you know what? .... She didn't.

How can you apply this truth to your life today?
How can you share this truth with someone else?
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 4

The Greatest Event of All Ages

". . . and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful." - Revelation 17:14

The Second Coming of Jesus is going to be the greatest event of all of the ages. It is one of the grand theological truths taught in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

·         The New Birth is vitally important, but it is mentioned only nine times in the New Testament.

·         Baptism is vitally important, but it is mentioned only 20 times in the New Testament.

·         Repentance is mentioned only 70 times in the Bible, as important and needful as that is.

·         But the return of the Lord Jesus Christ is mentioned in God's Word at least 380 times.

One out of every 25 verses points with an eager finger to the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

How are you getting ready for His Second Coming? What if He came this very hour?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 5

Patience Worketh Perfection

"But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." - James 1:4

"Patience worketh perfection." When was the last time you asked God to make you perfect? Maybe you should have asked for patience as well, because it is only through patient, abiding faith and trust in the Lord that we become "perfect."

A lot of people confuse this word "perfect" with "sinless." The Greek word for perfect in James 1:4 is teleios,and it refers to a maturing growth. For example, an oak tree is the teleios of an acorn. It is the perfection of an acorn.

So when you are discouraged and feeling a little blue,
Take a look at a mighty oak and see what a nut can do.

Take a walk this week enjoying the beauty of God's creation and ask Him to give you the patience and faith that can turn a little acorn into a mighty oak.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 6

True Beauty

". . . even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." - 1 Peter 3:4

Are you a woman struggling with the way you look? We all know that women want to be beautiful, especially to their husbands and boyfriends, but so often women think that beauty is found at a cosmetics counter, on a dress rack, or in a jewelry box. Those things are corruptible, and what's in vogue today is out of fashion when next year's supermodels hit the runway.

The only thing that will make you more beautiful, day after day, is what you nurture within yourself - serenity.

The ornament of a meek and a quiet spirit is worth far more than even the most expensive jewel you can wear around your neck.

Stand in front of the mirror today. Imagine Jesus by your side, and ask Him to create in you a gentle and quiet spirit of love.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 7

God's Plan for the Man

"And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the Garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it." - Genesis 2:15

God gave women a nurturing instinct, but God gave men a different gift and task—to dress the garden. God equipped men with a hard exterior to be the providers and protectors, and because of this, men want to be admired by women. I want to be admired by my wife. I get more blessing when she admires me and says, "You are wonderful," and she gets a blessing when I am romantic, loving, and tender toward her.

1 Peter 3:7 says, "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [your wives] according to knowledge, giving honor unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered."

How can you show your wife a little tender loving care today? Now that you've thought of something, go do it!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 8

Taming the Tongue

"In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise." - Proverbs 10:19

Your tongue can get you into a lot of trouble. There is nothing that can do more damage to your relationships than your words.

Proverbs 17:27 says, "He that hath knowledge spareth his words." That is, if you're smart, you won't talk so much. When you do talk, keep your words warm and sweet because you may have to eat them later.

There's an old saying I heard a Rabbi use once that reminds us:

"The ears are open and out. They're unguarded, but the tongue is behind ivory bars."

When you're talking, you're not learning.
When you're not learning, you're not communicating.
When you're not communicating, there will be no intimacy in your relationships.
In what ways has your mouth gotten you into trouble this week? Confess those times before the Lord and ask for strength and wisdom to be a better communicator.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

October 9

Inclining Our Ears to Hear

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." - James 1:22

Several years ago, the investment firm of E. F. Hutton had a slogan: "When E. F. Hutton talks, people listen." If only people had this respect and reverence for God and His Word! That is the kind of ear we ought to have for the matchless Word of the living God.

If you do not incline your ear, you might miss something! It has been said that God will not only hold us accountable for what we hear but also for what we would have heard if we had listened.

Do you take notes when your pastor teaches? Maybe it's time you started. It's a great tool for those teachable moments during the week with your friends and family.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk