Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

September 11

Into The Storm—With Jesus

"And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm - Mark 4:39."

Remember when Jesus was with his disciples on the Sea of Galilee and a storm came upon them? The lightning began to play in the wind. The sea churned. And the gentle winds turned into a cruel gale. The little ship was tossed and turned like a cork. The disciples despaired and said to the Lord Jesus Christ who was asleep, "Don't You care if we perish? Do something!" And Jesus said, "Peace, be still." And the winds ceased and the sea calmed. This world is headed into a storm and the spiritual barometer is dropping. And our world will not know peace until Jesus, the Prince of Peace, comes and says, "Peace, be still."

Read the full account of what happened to the disciples in Mark 4:36-41. What application can you give to your life?

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 12

Lukewarmness—a Form of Blasphemy

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love." - Revelation 2:4

In Revelation 2:1-7, we read about the Lord's charge that the church at Ephesus had left their first love. It wasn't that they didn't love the Lord Jesus. It was that they didn't love Him like they used to. If there ever was a time when you loved Jesus more than you do at this moment, you're backslidden. G. Campbell Morgan said that lukewarmness is the worst form of blasphemy. I believe he's right. Lukewarmness is a way of saying, "God, I believe in You, but You just don't excite me." Oh, how we ought to stay in love with the Lord Jesus Christ!

Have you left your first love? Has your love for Jesus become lukewarm? Pray Psalm 26:2 and seek His face.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 13

The Rapture of the Church

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first." - 1 Thessalonians 4:16

I believe there will be seven years of terrible tribulation. It will be a time of tyranny and persecution. It will be a time when all nature will be out of joint and when demon spirits will infest the world. It will be a time when the Anti-Christ will rule and reign.

But before the tribulation comes, the Church is going to be raptured out. You might find it interesting to note that the word "rapture" is not found in the Bible, but the word "caught up" is, and that's literally what the word "rapture" means. We will be "caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

Do your loved ones know what the rapture means? Why not ask them what they think this next week and open the door for a candid discussion about the future?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 14

"Praise the Lord!"

"Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever." - Revelation 7:12

I heard about a man who got a little excited in church and kept shouting, "Praise the Lord!"

One day, some of the brethren called on him while he was plowing his fields. When they were finished talking, he hung his head and said, "I know it's the truth. I have disturbed the services, but you know, I sit there and think what the Lord has done for me, how He died in agony and blood for me upon the cross, how He's forgiven all of my sins, how He's filled me with the Spirit, and – here, hold this mule while I shout!"

If being a Christian and going to heaven doesn't excite you, then you have calluses on your soul. It's exciting to know the Lord Jesus Christ!

When was the last time you raised your hands and shouted "Praise the Lord!" Maybe right now is a good time!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 15

Holy Spirit Conviction vs. Satanic Accusation

"Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night." - Revelation 12:10

You will be a miserable Christian if you don't learn the difference between Holy Spirit conviction and Satanic accusation.

When the Holy Spirit convicts you of a sin, He will not make you just feel bad all over. He will put His finger right on the sore spot and push. He will convict you specifically and He will convict you legitimately.

Now if the devil doesn't convict you of all your sins in general, he will try to accuse you of a specific sin for which you have already been forgiven. And he will fight a losing battle, because if you put your sin under the blood of Jesus Christ and it comes up again, it's not God bringing it up.

Are you under conviction or accusation today about an unconfessed sin? Read Revelation 12:9-11. Claim the powerful blood of Jesus to cover your sin. Repent and believe!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 16

The Whole World in His Hands

"And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist." - Colossians 1:17

We sing about the Lord having the whole world in His hands. But do you know what is more remarkable than that? He has the whole universe in His hands.

He's the One who spoke it into existence. He's the One who keeps it going. He's the One who is going to fold it up like a garment and tuck it away in a drawer somewhere. He regulates it; He rules it and He runs it.

When you pick up the newspaper and read something alarming, you don't need to panic. Instead, remember Who has it under His control. He who flung the stars in space has the whole universe in His hands!

Take the hand of a child today and look at the stars twinkling in the night sky or a flower beginning to bloom. Then share about the awesome Creator and Sustainer of all.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

SEPTEMBER 17

The Law of the Harvest

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over. . ." - Luke 6:38

When God created the herbs of the field, He said, "Let them bring forth after their kind" (Genesis 1:12).

Whatever we sow, we're going to reap. If you sow to the flesh, then you're going to reap what you sow. On the other hand, if you sow to the spirit, you cannot fail to reap good things. You can't even give a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple and lose your reward.

Every seed you plant for Jesus is going to sprout. Whatever it is you want, plant it, sow it, give it, "and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together."

Would you like to have better relationships? Then start sowing seeds of encouragement and good deeds.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 18

Valleys and Mountains in the Life of a Christian

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." - Psalm 46:1

Did you know that it is an impossibility of geography to have a valley without a mountain? They are beautiful complements in God's grand creation.

The valley is the place of vision. It is the place of repose and reflection.
The mountain is the place of discovery and a place to become strong.

If you find yourself in a valley, it is because you have come down from a mountain. If you're on a mountain, you came to that place by way of the valley.

Are you in the valley or on the mountaintop? Read Psalm 46 about the strength of the Lord. Rest and rejoice in His strength, wherever God has you right now.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 19

Seizing Opportunities to Serve

"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith." - Galatians 6:10

Do you remember the story of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:30-37? He was on a journey but stopped and helped a bruised and broken man. He didn't make excuses saying, "It's none of my business." It was a golden moment, and he took it.

All around you are people who need the compassion of Christ. They need you to see their pain as a golden opportunity to serve them in the name of Jesus.

The chief enemy to kindness is busyness. We have our priorities, our jobs, our duties, our responsibilities, and we're too busy. But if we're too busy to be kind, we're too busy.

What's on your schedule for today? If someone had a flat tire, could you fix it? If someone called and needed a ride to the hospital, could you take them? Clear the way for Jesus, my friend.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

September 20

Longing for His Return

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." - Revelation 22:17

God chose the analogy of a wedding to describe the moment when we become one with the Lord Jesus Christ. When we become one with God for all eternity, we'll know Him in a more intimate way than we know Him now, and God calls that "the marriage of the Lamb." When I think about the fact that being swept up to meet the Lord in Glory and meeting Him face to face is so fulfilling that the Bible describes it as the consummation of a marriage, I don't mind telling you that really excites me!

Does the Second Coming of our Lord make your heart pound with excitement? Do you long for His return and reign?

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk