Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

DAY BEFORE EASTER

March 30

No Resurrection, No Savior

"And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.... ye are yet in your sins." -  1 Corinthians 15: 14, 17

It's an unthinkable question: what if there had been no Easter? Suppose Jesus had not risen from the dead? Our faith would be futile, death would have dominion, sin would be sovereign and the future would be fearful. His death without His resurrection cannot save anybody. Our faith is worthless if He is still in the grave.

How do we know that Jesus Christ was not just a religious fanatic, someone with a martyr complex who happened to get crucified?  How do we know He is the Son of God, God incarnate? Romans 1:4 says He is "shown to be the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead."

How do we know that God accepted the sacrifice of Calvary? By the resurrection. The Bible says He was delivered for our offenses and raised again for our justification. No resurrection, no Savior. No Savior, no forgiveness.  But Jesus went into the tomb and three days later walked out like a butterfly bursting from a cocoon. He is a risen Savior.

Read 1 Corinthians chapter 15 and meditate on all it means for your salvation.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

EASTER SUNDAY

MARCH 31

O Death, Where is Thy Sting?

"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first-fruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." - 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

I was about to speak at a funeral. As I wandered through the beautiful flowers, the precious widow walked up and laid her hand on the sleeve of her beloved of more than 50 years. She patted him a couple of times, turned and walked away. I thought to myself, "Is that it? Is that all there is to life?"

No! Death does not have dominion! Christ is risen! Those who have fallen asleep in Christ have not perished. There is a God who in the form of man, the Lord Jesus Christ, grappled with the iron bars of death and is victorious. Death does not have dominion because Christ arose. He took the gloom out of the grave. He has given us a hope that is steadfast and sure.

Do you know where you're going? Have your sins been forgiven? Are you sure Jesus Christ is in your heart?  If so, bow your head and thank Him, for sin has been subdued, death has been defeated, and your future is secure. You know where you're headed.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 1

New Life, a New Creation in Christ

"For with Thee is the fountain of life: in Thy light shall we see light." - Psalm 36:9

Jesus had a life that the grave could not keep. While He carried your sins to the grave and left them there, Jesus came out of that grave living, risen, and victorious! When Jesus rose, you rose with Him.

Christians are not just nice people, they are new creatures. We have the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

We have come out of the grave of the old life. Our old master has no more hold on us. The old debt has no more penalty that we have to pay. When Jesus came out of that grave, we came out with Him and we have been raised to walk in newness of life.

Are you walking around in the grave clothes of your old life? Shed them, my friend! Jesus came to give you new life! Believe that you are now a new creation in Christ!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 2

The Undeniable, Living Christ

"...we believe and are sure that Thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." - John 6:69

Jesus Christ is a fact of history. All secular historians who have any merit admit that, regardless of what they believe about Him, Jesus lived! There's no way to explain that the Christian Church exists apart from the fact that Jesus Christ was here.

What did the early church preach? Not only that Jesus was here, but that He walked out of the grave. How do you explain that? Somebody said, "Well, they must have made up the story. They said they touched Him, they said they ate with Him." Oh? We're talking about men who died for their faith. Do you think they would willingly, knowingly die for a lie? A man may live for a lie, but few would die for one.

Are you willing to die for the cause of Christ? This man who died for you...are you willing to die for Him?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 3

Over Our Heads But Under His Feet

"For He hath put all things under His feet. . ." - 1 Corinthians 15:27

Praise God! The story has a happy ending! He is risen! Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God at this very moment, interceding on your behalf (Romans 8:34). And His prayers are always answered.

When the problems of your life are over your head, remember they are under His feet. Where is His head? It is in the heavenlies, interceding for you.

Where are your problems? Under His feet.

Jesus is alive and waiting in the wings to return for you!

Is there someone in your life who is struggling? Write them a note of encouragement and use Romans 8:34 as a closing verse of hope.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 4

Praying in Secret

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." - Matthew 6:6

What did our Lord mean when He said, "Enter into your closet to pray"? The word "closet" simply means somewhere you can shut the door on the world and open the windows to heaven.

As you study the life of Jesus, you'll discover that Jesus sought times to be alone. Sometimes He would go on a mountain, sometimes into the wilderness, and sometimes into a garden. It is the secret place that is the sacred place.

The mark of your prayer life is not really how well you pray in public, but in private. When you enter your closet to pray, spend some time in silence. Clear your mind. Then listen for His Words of edification, encouragement, and exhortation.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 5

Making Your Bible Come Alive

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." - 2 Timothy 2:15

Why is it that sometimes when we read the Bible, we leave our common sense at the door? You don't just pick up a book, open it at random, and start reading in the middle of a paragraph. The book wouldn't make any sense! In order to understand and get the full appreciation for the book, we read it sequentially and in paragraphs or units.

When you read the Bible, read for quality not quantity. Don't see how much of the Bible you can read. See how much of the Bible you can assimilate and apply! Maybe what you need to do is spend a week studying one verse.

In your Bible reading today, stop and ask yourself, "What is God telling ME?" Not "What does this say?" But "What is God saying to me?" Then seek to put that into practice today.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 9

Happiness, the By-Product of Righteousness

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." - Matthew 5:6

Happiness is something you stumble over on your way to serving Jesus.

When you are serving the Lord Jesus Christ, happiness is the by-product of righteousness. People who are trying to be happy are focusing their energy at the wrong target. If you will seek after righteousness, then you will be happy.

What you need is to drink of the Spirit.
What you need to feed on the Word of God.
The deepest need of your heart will be met only in Jesus.

Ask the Lord to fill you with His presence, to fulfill the deepest need of your heart in Him and Him alone. Now trust Him to do it.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 10

Letting Your Shepherd Set Your Pace

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters." - Psalm 23:2

Sometimes I hear folks tell young people, "Make all the money you can, just so you make it honestly." That's not good advice.

If you make all the money you can, you are going to be making money when you should be doing something else. You are going to be making money when you ought to be alone with God.

I'm not against making money. I'm simply saying that we need to stop and prioritize our lives. Do you know what I think God does with some of us? He makes us to lie down. We won't do it unless He makes us.

Why not stop right now and pray, "Lord Jesus, You don't have to make me lie down. I'd rather slow down. I want to be still and know that You are GOD! Show me how."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

APRIL 11

Blessed Is the Man Who Trusts in the Lord

"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." - Psalm 34:8

The Lord Jesus Christ gives us beatitudes—attitudes that ought to be. They are not platitudes. They are attitudes that deal with Christian character.

Your reputation is what others think about you, but character is what God knows about you.

The beatitudes do not say, "Blessed are what you have," or "Blessed are what you do," but "Blessed are what you are." Most of the people in the world are doing what? They are seeking happiness. If you seek happiness you'll never find it. But if you get right with God, blessedness will find you.

Have you been finding your self-worth in what you have or what you do? Confess it before the Lord and meditate on the attitudes you ought to have in Matthew 5:3-11.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk