Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

MARCH 20

Making a Covenant with Your Eyes

"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise." - Psalm 57:7

When I was in college, I kept a motto on my desk that said, "He who would not fall down ought not to walk in slippery places. Keep yourself clean. Keep yourself pure. Watch what you set before your eyes." There needs to be discipline.

Job said, "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look upon a maid" (Job 31:1). If we are to have a walk of purity in obedience to God, we must determine ahead of time what our course of action will be. One big decision will take care of a lot of little ones.

Are you going on a trip alone any time soon? If so, make the decision right now to keep your walk pure and holy for God's glory.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

MARCH 21

Your Sweetheart for Life

"For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh." - Matthew 19:5

Today's message is for the men...If you don't love your wife now more than you loved her when you got married, you probably love her a lot less.

Sir, I want you to learn to flirt—but not with any other woman. Just the girl you married! Keep that flirtation going through all of your life. Never call the waitress "sweetheart." She's not your sweetheart. You have only one sweetheart. Never call someone else "dear." She's not your dear. There is one who needs to know beyond a shadow of any doubt that she is your sweetheart, she is your darling, and she is number one. Develop that love and keep it growing.

When was the last time you brought your wife flowers or her favorite perfume? Stop right now and think of how you're going to show your wife that she's the only sweetheart in your life!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

MARCH 22

The Recipe for Misery

"...remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." - Acts 20:35

Unhappiness comes from mirrors. Happiness comes from windows.

If you want to be miserable, then think about yourself first...what you want, what people are saying about you, what you ought to have done for you, how down you feel, how good you feel. Just focus on yourself.

Feeling good yet? If you are, then something is wrong. Selfishness and happiness just don't go hand in hand. If you are thinking it is better to receive than to give, you'll never be happy. You'll never experience the blessing of giving that Jesus taught.

Hold out your hand and make a fist for at least one minute. Now, relax. Which feels better? Now imagine if your spirit is tight and how that will quench His work in your life.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

MARCH 23

Jesus in All Sixty-Six

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed." - Isaiah 53:5

The thing I love about the Old Testament is the thing I love about the New Testament. The Old Testament and the New Testament both are the inspired Word of God. Don't get the idea that the Old Testament has a message different from the New Testament. All of the Bible is about Jesus. If you read the Bible and you don't find Jesus, you better go re-read it.

Somebody may ask if you have read the four gospels, and you can answer them, "I've read all sixty-six!"

From Genesis to Revelation,

It has the same villain – Satan.
It has the same hero – Jesus.
It has the same purpose – to present salvation in no other name but Jesus.
Read Isaiah 53. What are the prophecies that were fulfilled in the life of Christ?

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

MARCH 24

Moving His Son Into King's Row

"Yet have I set My king upon My holy hill of Zion." - Psalm 2:6

The kingdoms of this world are being moved around like checkers, but soon God is going to move His Son into King's Row and say, "Crown Him King of kings!"

How many times have you prayed, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven"?

Do you think God's will is being done on earth as it is in heaven? Look around at the crime, rape, murder, child abuse, and blasphemy. Do you think that's God's will? Of course not.

Do you think Jesus Christ would have taught us to pray a prayer that will not be answered? God is going to move Jesus into King's Row and say, "Crown Him King!"

Read Psalm 2. What does the psalmist tell the kings of this world to do? Pray now that God will work in the hearts of the world leaders!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

MARCH 25

Peace with God—Because of the Cross

"... having made peace through the blood of His cross." - Colossians 1:20

How can a cross bring peace if Jesus is the One hanging there?
At the cross, wickedness was not appeased. Wickedness was confronted.
At the cross, sin was not overlooked. Sin was atoned and paid for.

God's greatest righteousness confronted man's greatest wickedness, and righteousness won! Peace was attained through the blood of the cross.

Thank God for the cross! Thank God for Jesus!

Take a few moments to praise Jesus for the power and hope you have because of His resurrection.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

MARCH 26

The Only One Who Ever Chose to Die

"I am the Good Shepherd: the Good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep." - John 10:11

Did you know that there has only been one person who ever chose to die? Only one.

"Oh," you say, "Suicide bombers choose to die. Other people choose to die. People who die by their own hand choose to die. People who give themselves for others choose to die."

But really no one has ever chosen to die except Jesus. Why? Because He was the only One who didn't have to die. Some people may choose to die a little sooner, but nobody has ever truly chosen to die except One—the Lord Jesus Christ.

It wasn't nails that held Him to the tree. It was the silver cords of love and the golden bonds of redemption that held Jesus Christ to that cross.

The fact that no one has ever chosen to die but Jesus, may be a new concept to you. If so, it's probably new to someone else as well. Share it with someone today!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

MARCH 27

The Only One Who Conquered Death

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" - 1 Corinthians 15:55

Harry Houdini was an escape artist. They tried all kinds of ways to keep Harry Houdini locked up. They would bury him in a coffin, but he would get out. They would sew him up in canvas bags and throw him in the river, but he would come out. His biographer said he could "escape from anything, except your memory."

Yet there came a day when Harry Houdini died and he did not escape. No trickery there. Harry Houdini did not escape the iron-clad clutches of death. But I want to tell you there was another who died. His name was Jesus, and He made the great escape. Jesus came out of the grave and He arose. Praise God, Jesus is alive!

Who in your circle of friends doesn't know Jesus? Pray for them right now, that they would hear the Good News, repent and believe upon Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

MARCH 28

The Resurrection– No Room for Neutrality

"He is not here: for He is risen." - Matthew 28:6

It is a disturbing truth that Jesus Christ literally came out of the grave.

You just can't be neutral about the resurrection. If you are a thinking person, you're going to have to face the fact of the resurrection. Either it is true or it is not true. Either He came out of that grave or He did not.

Now which side are you on?

You can't simply say, "It doesn't really make any difference. Let's just put our arms around everybody. We all believe the same thing." No, no, no! When you take a stand for truth, you're going to have a head-on collision with the darkness that doesn't want the light shining in!

·         Pray for those in fulltime ministry as they proclaim the truth to a lost world.
·         Pray for God's protection as they go to the frontline and battle for souls!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

MARCH 29

GOOD FRIDAY

The Lamb of God—Your Substitute

"Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and with His stripes we are healed." - Isaiah 53:4-6

Jesus Christ did not die as a martyr.  He was not a helpless victim.  He said, "I lay down my life, No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself." (John 10:17-18) The cross was not an accident or an afterthought; it was in the heart and mind of God before the world was framed. Jesus was born in the shadow of the cross.

John the Baptist announced, "Behold the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world." The Lamb of God died on the same day as the Passover lambs were being slain on Mount Moriah, the very limestone ridge where long ago God had told Abraham, "God will provide Himself a lamb." Jesus said, "Abraham saw My day, and was glad." (John 8:56)

To the priests on Mount Moriah, Jesus Christ could say, "Your work is over.  Put away your knives. We need no more lambs, no more sacrifices. The Lamb has died and has paid in full."

Meditate today upon that! Upon the price that was paid for your salvation. Read Matthew chapters 26 and 27. Thank Him for the price that was paid.

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk