Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Is It Time to Refresh and Renew?

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free Spirit." - Psalm 51:10-12

So many people have the idea that being a Christian is like taking foul-tasting medicine—it tastes awful, but you know you'll feel better one day.

They're like the young man who prayed at a prayer meeting with few in attendance: "Oh God, be with us now, and help us while the rest of the people are out there having a good time."

Do you ever feel that going to church or having a quiet time is like going to the dentist? Then you're getting your satisfaction in life outside of a relationship with God. It's time to spend some time in prayer and ask God to renew your spirit.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Murmuring or Grateful?

"Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world." - Philippians 2:14-15

Do you know the problem with many of us when we obey God? We murmur about it while we are doing it! And God is taking notes, because halfhearted obedience isn't obedience at all. Remember, God is looking at the heart, not the deed (see 1 Samuel 16:7).

Do you know why we murmur? Because we've taken our eyes off Calvary. Jesus didn't murmur on the way to the cross. Oh no. Do you thank God for the pains in life? Or only the gains?

Ephesians 5:20 says, "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Our Giving God

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." - James 1:5

James 1:5 tells us that if we lack wisdom, we are to ask God. Let me tell you what that literally means. If you lack wisdom, ask of the "giving" God. Have you thought of God as the "giving" God?

What does it mean to you that God yearns to pour out His blessing upon you? Do you say to yourself, "Oh goodie, goodie, let me see what I can get from God"?

Or does it humble you that the Almighty God who created the air you breathe, the ground you walk upon, and the body you are draped in...this God loves you and wants to bless you? I pray it is the latter, for that is the heart of a child of God.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Our Unchanging Father

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

God made the mind of man. All true discoveries and all true knowledge in this world come from God. It is God's Truth and we do not have to be afraid of it. But that doesn't mean we are to casually stroll down the devil's lane of godless philosophies.

God's Truth doesn't change like philosophies. Malachi 3:6a says, "For I am the Lord, I change not." I don't know whether that means anything to you, but it means an awful lot to me, dear friend.

The same God who loved us enough to put His Son on the cross two thousand years ago still loves us with that same love today. We don't have to worry when we come to God in prayer that we might catch Him in a bad mood. Now, if that doesn't start your motor, you don't have one.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

What Jesus Wants, More than Your Service

"God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord." - 1 Corinthians 1:9

Discipleship is fellowship with Christ, knowing Christ, loving Christ, abiding in Christ.

I'm afraid that too many have joined the movement of Christianity rather than having surrendered to the man of Christianity. These people are doing things for Christ, rather than sitting at the feet of Christ.

Now, there's nothing wrong with service, and we ought to serve God, but we need to learn that we must minister to Jesus Christ as His disciple before we can minister to others. Jesus values the time you spend with Him far more than the things you do for Him. Do you know that?

Before you head out this morning or go to bed tonight, make sure that you make a date with Jesus.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Making the First Thing the First Thing

"Who can understand his errors? Cleanse Thou me from secret faults." - Psalm 19:12

I believe in church attendance, but if your relationship with the Lord and with others is suffering, then you need to stay at home and get on your face before God.

Sometimes a businessman will get very prosperous in his business—and at first it seems a good thing. He tells his wife, "Honey, you know how I couldn't give you much when we got married? Well, now I can." But soon the pursuit of a nice home and nice things consume him. A sadness descends upon his wife and children, and they lament, "Oh, Daddy....Oh, Husband...what we would give to just have you spend time with us."

What tragedy it would be if what you do for Jesus keeps you from Jesus. Stop the cycle today. If you know you're a workaholic, stop it. If you know your walk is far from God, get it right.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

Going Through the Valley

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:4

Psalm 23 is perched between Psalm 22, which tells about the crucifixion of Jesus, and Psalm 24, which is a prophecy of the coronation of Jesus. It is beautiful trilogy about the Savior's cross, the Shepherd's crook, and the Sovereign's crown.

Psalm 23 is the valley between the blood-drenched slopes of Mount Calvary and the sunlit peaks of Mount Zion. Thank God for every valley, because there must be a mountain.

If you are in the valley today, remember that you wouldn't be there had there not been mountains to cross. There is vision in the valley and hope in the hills.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 25

The Greater Miracle

"I, even I, am the Lord; and beside Me there is no Savior." Isaiah 43:11

It takes more of God's power to save a soul through the cross of Jesus than it does to do any other thing. God had no difficulty creating the universe. The Bible tells us He spoke and it was so. But when God wrote salvation's story, He went to great difficulty. Let me illustrate.

What if I held a service and had the power to straighten a cripple's legs or to bring sight to the blind? The next service would be standing room only. Now I certainly want God to heal, but let me tell you something else.

What if I held a service and a little girl walked down the aisle and gave her heart to Jesus? That is a greater miracle than opening the eyes of the blind because the Son of God had to hang on a cross in agony and blood to purchase her salvation! Jesus did not come as a great healer or teacher, He came as a Savior.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 26

What Is Your Cross?

"And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after Me, cannot be My disciple." Luke 14:27

The cross not only saves us, but it continues to sanctify us. Have you read where Jesus said, "Whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me" (Mark 8:34b)?

Many people think that this means that our "cross" is a sickness, an unsaved spouse, or a cruel boss. However, a cross is not something that is forced upon you, over which you have no choice. A cross is something you willingly take up.

Jesus willingly laid down His life. He calls us to do the same. Your cross is when you willingly die to yourself. You do this by saying no to sin and self, and yes to Christ.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

January 27

A Defense Attorney Has Been Appointed For You

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." 1 John 2:1

The way to deal with your sins is for you to confess – that means, you are to begin by agreeing with God as to what He says about your sin. You need to also confidently deal with your sin. Now, what do I mean by that?

You have your own attorney when you go into the judge's chambers for adjudication. According to God's Word, you have an Advocate, which is another name for attorney.

The devil is the prosecuting attorney who points the accusing finger at us, and says, "Look at him!" And Jesus, the defense attorney, stands by our side and says, "But Father, look at Me. I shed My blood for him." Because Jesus died, our debt is paid. Hallelujah! Though our sins are as scarlet, He will wash them white as snow!

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk