Love Worth Finding

Started by Judy Harder, January 04, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

November 17

An Extreme Make-Over is Underway

"Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified." - Romans 8:30

Dr. Scofield, who edited the Scofield Bible, says that "predestination is the effective exercise of the will of God by which things before determined by Him are brought to pass." That is, God says He is determined to do something and then He does it. God's wisdom is sovereign.

What did God predestinate? That those whom God foreknew will be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, who is the Firstborn.

God had one Son and He said, "I want more just like Him." And so God is redeeming a whole race of people, so that all these people might be conformed to the image of God's Son.

If you are saved, you are predestined to be like Jesus. When God foreknew that you would receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then He said, "It is settled. You will one day be like My Son."

Thank God for what He has done and is going to do, in shaping you into the image of the Lord Jesus Christ.

:angel:
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 18

Running Together

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain." - 1 Corinthians 9:24

I have a race to run. God has given you a race to run as well. Every man runs his own race. We're not racing against each other to win the victor's crown. We are in a pilgrimage together. I'm not trying to outrun you. And you're not trying to outrun me. That is good news!

God has a plan for your life with particular speed bumps, detours, and hurdles to cross. And you are to stay in the race until it is over. But you are not running alone!

Though we are not in the same race, we are in the journey together, so we encourage one another to win. And I want you to win the victor's crown today! Run, my friend, run!

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 19

Stronger, Not Weaker

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:10

What does Paul mean in this verse when he says that he "takes pleasure" in all of these difficult circumstances? He is trying to communicate that if his money were taken, he would have greater riches. His weakness becomes his strength.

When Paul was isolated and placed in solitary confinement, then Jesus was near. His weakness became his strength. If they beat him and he hurt, then he had the fellowship of Christ's suffering—his weakness became his strength. If his body became crippled and he was no more able to lean upon the arm of his flesh, then he had to lean on the Everlasting Arms. Paul took pleasure in these things.

God is waiting to make you strong. There is power in our suffering. Suffering is not going to hurt you; it is going to strengthen you.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 20

Heartfelt Soul Winning Brings a Bountiful Harvest

BIBLE MEDITATION:

"He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." - Psalm 126:6

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

Do you know what you're doing in the morning when you have a quiet time? Weeding your garden. You're weeding the garden of your mind, so that the good seed of the Word of God can multiply. Now, the next step is to plant the seed and cultivate His harvest. And when you go out to win souls, water the crop with your tears. Read how the Lord's heart broke over the people He longed to embrace and love unto Himself (see John 17). Learn this same sort of compassion in the garden God has given you to harvest for His kingdom.

ACTION POINT:

Ask God to put you into His fields of service today. Ask Him to make you bold, yet compassionate and wise to share His Good News

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 21

It Is Not Ours to Ask "Why?"

BIBLE MEDITATION:

"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all them that trust in Him." - 2 Samuel 22:31

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

When bewilderment enshrouds you and despair looms at your door, when trials storm the beaches of your life, you may want to ask God, "Why? Why? Why?" Friend, you may never understand why things are happening the way they are in your life, but that's not your job. You see, it is not necessary for you to know why. That is God's question. Your response is all that matters. When we can't feel His hand, we must trust His heart. Our job is to simply trust and obey.

ACTION POINT:

Is there something happening in your life for which you have no explanation, but long for answers? Ask God to give you peace and grace to trust Him
Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 24

Giving Thanks Always

BIBLE MEDITATION:

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." - Ephesians 5:20

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

There are four types of people. There are those who are constantly complaining and grumbling.  Have you met any of these folks? I mean, they can brighten up a room just by leaving it. That's the lowest level. Then there are others who live lives of ingratitude. They don't complain, but they never thank God for His obvious blessings. That's a little better, but not much better. Then there are people who thank God for obvious blessings. When something good happens, they're grateful. That's a better level. But the highest level is to be grateful for all things at all times. That is the secret of a happy and productive life.

ACTION POINT:

On the basis of our Scripture today, go before the Lord and begin to think about difficult circumstances you're facing. Now, thank Him for each one.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 25

Uprooting Toxic Bitterness

BIBLE MEDITATION:

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." - Hebrews 12:14

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

Bitterness is an emotional cancer that consumes many a person who once had the bloom of eternal springtime in his heart. Where does it come from? Usually from being hurt. Perhaps you were abused as a child, rejected by someone, fired from a job, or even bypassed at church. Bitterness sets in when the hurt goes unresolved. There is a solution. If you've been wronged and bitterness has become so strong that you can almost taste its bile within your mouth, then it's time to pursue it with a holy vengeance. With the Spirit's spade, root it out. Draw a circle that takes in those who have wronged you. Forgive them for Christ's sake!

ACTION POINT:

Bow before the Lord this morning and ask for grace and power to uproot the bitterness that has taken hold in your heart and is robbing you of the joy you desire.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 26

The Cleansing, Healing Work of the Holy Spirit

BIBLE MEDITATION:

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou art my praise." - Jeremiah 17:14

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

There are two kinds of wounds to the human psyche. One is sorrow; the other is guilt. Sorrow is a clean wound. Somehow your heart will heal as the Holy Spirit applies His healing balm. He will pour in "the oil of gladness." Time and the grace of God will heal. But guilt is dirty and will never heal until it is confessed and cleansed by the antiseptic of Calvary. A slave only fears his master's whip, but a son fears his father's displeasure.

ACTION POINT:

Are you suffering under a load of guilt? Allow the Holy Spirit to expose your sin. Then confess it and experience the joy of forgiveness in Christ.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 27

God's Plan and Purpose for Your Life

BIBLE MEDITATION:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is." - 1 John 3:2

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

If Jesus is Lord of your life, then not only is your entire life ordered, but so is every single step within your life. God has a plan for the plumber as well as the preacher, for the mechanic as well as the missionary. And if, for instance, God calls you to be a mechanic and you become a missionary, you are accepting second best! To find God's will is the highest achievement in your life. Success is not spelled M-O-N-E-Y. Nor is it spelled F-A-M-E. Success is the continuous realization of the will of God—what God desires for your life. God does not make clones; He makes children! There is an ultimate purpose for your life as His child —to be like Jesus.

ACTION POINT:

Do you have children? Share with them these important insights about their future.

Here I am Lord, use me!

Judy Harder

November 28

Understanding Kingdom Authority

BIBLE MEDITATION:

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." - Luke 10:19

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

A police officer weighing 160 pounds may effectively stand before a tanker truck and with an uplifted hand say, "Stop, in the name of the law." The police officer certainly couldn't stop the truck with his physical force. He is appealing to an authority greater than himself — the law — to back him up. Your authority over Satan is the same way. Your authority does not rest in your strength. You cannot overcome Satan with your power but rather with Kingdom Authority from God. And you have that as a child of the King. You have His authority to overcome every attack of Satan.

ACTION POINT:

Sing of the power of the Lord. Find a hymnal and sing or meditate on the verses of "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God."

Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk