MOORE, Hazel Fern - b. August 12, 1909 - d. January 1, 2010

Started by patyrn, January 02, 2010, 09:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

I just received a note from Joyce (Houser) Ferkovich that Hazel Moore passed away at Twilight Manor yesterday, January 1, 2010.  She celebrated her 100th birthday this past August, and would be pleased that she lived to see even one day of the next decade. 

She was a very special lady who touched many lives during her one hundred years. 

Services have not yet been scheduled.

Diane Amberg

Now that's a real shame. I know she was a delightful lady. I sent birthday cards the last 2 years but I doubt she knew who I was.

patyrn

I'm sure she enjoyed your cards, Diane.  She always had a twinkle in her eye and a smile with a "thanks for coming" when she had a visitor.  Although she had lost a lot of memory in the past few months, we could still carry on a conversation and she had such a cute sense of humor.  She was my neighbor from my birth, and one dear lady.  I am so thankful that when it was her time, she passed very peacefully!

patyrn

Hazel Fern Moore, age 100, a longtime resident of Howard, Kansas, passed away on January 1, 2010.  Hazel was born on August 12, 1909 in Piedmont, Kansas, the daughter of Oliver Austin and Daisy Mae (Stone) Moore.

Hazel began her teaching career at Star School and continued for 37 years at schools in Elk County.  During this time, she and her mother raised three cousins and two nieces after the deaths of their parents  Hazel was a member of the Howard United Methodist Church.  For years, Hazel was in charge of the nursery at Sunday School.

Hazel is survived by two nieces, Carolyn Houser of Sheman Oaks, California and Joyce Houser-Ferkovich and her husband Al Ferkovich of Shoreline, Washington; cousins, Bob Greenwood and his wife Barbara of Howard, Kansas and Naomi Hinkle of Valley Center, Kansas and her children Gayle Covey and family, Kim Harrison and family, and Scott Hinkle and family.  She was preceded in death by her parents and one sister, Mildred Moore Houser.

Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Monday, January 4, 2010 at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas with Pastor Charles Cryderman officiating.  Visitation will be Sunday, January 3, 2010, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the funeral home.  Interment will be at Grace Lawn Cemetery.  Family suggests memorial contributions to the Howard United Methodist Church or the Howard Twilight Manor and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

rosewolf

I remember Hazel very well. I was one of her students. She was a very nice lady even when I worked at Howard Twilight Manor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk